1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you with dolls who have lovers.. (or want one)

Jul 4, 2010

1. A pair should be together, so I would like to have both dolls in one place
      plus I don't interact much with other people (so far)

2. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

/Until I get another doll, my best friend's DOD Ducan is Yun's partner in crime >3 Both of us are planning to get second dolls though.

If someone else's. In person or internet?

/Person ^^

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?

/My own, definitely. Its so much more comfortable, being able to set the backstory and the history together nicely.

If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their own backstory figured out and planning their future or anything else with said dolls?

/Yup~ We finished one photostory but we started planning for the next at the same time >< It seemed to flow so nicely...

3. Here're some other questions for you guys. : D

For you guys who have both dolls of your lover pair:
      When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan it to be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?

For the ones who seek out other doll owners:
      How do you find that other someone for your doll? Or do you wait for them to find your boy/girl? For example, do you go to doll meets and they met and fell for each other there? Or post a role play ad of your boy/girl and hope other role players find you, etc.

*Rolls around*

4. My first two dolls ended up as a couple (I got Alice first, then Sho around 3 months later). Sho was a bit of an impulse buy and I didn't really have a character planned for him when I got him, but he became kind of a laid-back fun-loving playboy-ish type, totally the opposite of Alice and totally annoying to her. XD It took a while, but eventually her annoyance and brush-offs turned to curiosity and caring. I didn't plan for or expect them to end up together, but now it's hard to imagine one without the other. They balance each other out. ... Interestingly, I recently made another impulse buy of a doll I had no character planned for and when she arrived I was suprised to find that she was quite clearly Alice & Sho's daughter!

5. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      -One of my own. I'm very particular of how my dolls look together. If they are right for each other. Also because my dolls are reshells they usually already have a love interest or spouse.

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?

-You know I've tried the over the internet character matchmaking in text roleplay. It really didn't work out very well and that hurt the online friendship that budded. So that is why I'd prefer my own group. HOWEVER, I would not mind if my doll had friends with another person's doll.

If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?

- Well, for some reason I use it as an excuse to be "children" for them. :sweat
      -Also stories.

6. Mine was planned. I was creating dolls of existing characters, so I already knew they belonged together. :)

Heh. Tian met his boyfriend Token at a Zoo meet. They started writing letters to each other, and it all went downhill from there. ;)

The truly weird one is Sorensha, who began as someone else's doll, camped out at my house with his SO for a while, then eventually he wound up mine. ^^;;

7. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      If someone else's. In person or internet?
      I Think i would rather my doll be with one i own

8. Basil dosn't have a lover as of yet, but he wants one. I think i would rather him be with another owners doll. that way it can be like a real date! haveing to travle a litte for a meet up, just make the occasion more special

9. All my dolls have lovers/partners and I own both (or am in the process of acquiring the missing partner). They're all characters in the novels I write and I'm too much of a control freak to not want to have them all in house. They also feel incomplete to me and even sad when they don't have their partner.

I highly doubt I'd be able to do the my doll in love with another's doll thing. I couldn't get into the idea and that control freak issue rises again.

10. I definitely prefer having both lovers with me. This is because :
      1) All the lovers in my couples are my own characters.
      2) I would feel kind of weird if they were seperated(I know it's not really all that unusual but still...)
      3) It's easier to have them interact.
      4) If I were to have some kind of falling-out with a friend(hypothetical owner of of one part of a couple) or if I/that person moved away or something to that effect- it wouldn't rob my doll of their significant other(:sweat).

11. I've been thinking about buying a lover for Aaria myself. It's mostly because I have specific backround for both of them and they have been lovers in past times (like hunreds of years ago). They've been living together and I definitely need her man to be a fantasy character as well. And yup, that lover would be Soom Heliot, perfect man to my Amber.

I've tried to find boyfriend for Alexander but nobody has shown their interest about coupling one of their dolls with mine. So, I'm still searching boyfriend for Alexander.

12. I've done it both ways; three of my boys have had relationships with other people's dolls via online RP, then later gone on to form relationships with others in my own collection when the online relationships drifted to an end. Eric (CP Shiwoo) started out dating my Perseus (Breakaway 05) then had a relationship for a while with ViolentViolet's Vincent but is now with my Kai (CP El). Marius (Hound) had a relationship with Effigy's Corpselight but now is in a longterm commited relationship with my Galhaia (Juri 05) with whom he has a daughter, Sophie (Bambicrony Kumi). Perseus Was involved (rather disastrously) with RainbowSheltie's Victoria before moving on to a somewhat more than "good friends" relationship with Branchuchan's Rain; he then formed a relationship with my Satin (Elf Chiwoo) until Satin's supposed death and is now romantically involved with my Myrddin (Dreaming Shiwoo).

All the relationships are now rather "in-house", but I'm not ruling out further cross-over liasons with other people's characters; there are pros and cons to both methods. Keeping things within your own collection makes photoshoots much easier, but co-authoring the story with someone else gives a whole other dimension to the story and RPing out the relationship can be great fun. If the other person lives close enough then you can have the best of both worlds - the convenience for photoshoots plus the extra dimension of additinal input to the story. That's much harder when RP partners are on different continents though, as was the case with Violet (who was in Toronto at the time) and Effigy (who was in Brisbane), with me in the UK. I do miss RPing though.

13. Actually, both players have vanished, so now I will only do in house lovers.

Which brings up an interesting point. I have one character, who after multiple lovers, through other players, swore off having a lover, even in house. Recently, he decided he wanted a lover, and I found the doll I want as his lover. Now just to purchase him!

14. -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?

In-house, no question about it. I wouldn't touch an out-of-house relationship with a virtual ten foot pole these days.

Why? Been there, done that, learned my lesson the hard way. :lol: Let's just say it turns out that I'm a bit too much of a control freak when it comes to altering my characters and their world to suit someone else's vision... But it took actually trying an out-of-house association to discover that.

Two of my doll characters (Tien Jen and Kessari) were involved for several years with Nezumitoo's El twins. While it was always fun having someone else to bounce ideas off of and do photoshots with, there were honestly some pretty serious setting and tone compatibility problems from the start. As time went on and the two worlds that the doll characters came from seemed to get tied more closely together (And I'll be the very first to admit that I share as much responsibility as anyone for allowing that particular mistake to happen-), those issues bothered me more and more. In the interests of harmony and trying to solve the compatibility problems, I began changing things. Major things, in some cases, particularly where Jen was concerned.

Looking back at it now, with the clarity of hindsight, very few of those changes were creatively positive for either side. Trying to shoe-horn a wuxia-inspired pre-modern setting into something that meshed even half-way with Angel Hunt's darker, modern Gothic sensibilities was a mug's game and we should never have gone anywhere near the "shared world" thing, even if it meant saying "That's enough of that" to the relationships that made it seem necessary. In the end, I came out of it with something that wasn't mine and bore very little resemblance to what I'd wanted or started out with.

When I finally threw in the towel and walked away from that situation, it took a lot of time, thought and concept reconstruction to reclaim the original Jen and Kess, and the rest of the Turtle House world. For awhile, I wasn't sure I wanted to bother... I even considered getting rid of the two dolls, who had always been among my favorites.

Like I said, I learned my lesson. Never again. :sweat

-If someone else's. In person or internet?

In my out-of-house experience, the other owner was local.

-If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?

As I already said, I don't even consider outside associations a viable possibility any more.

-If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their backstories figured out, plan out their future or do anything else with the dolls?

I don't do free-form RP with any of my dolls (Even though a fair few of them are avatars for old-school tabletop RPG characters-). I also don't do photostories or write dolly-fiction. So pairings, for me, are mostly about backstory and occasional photography.

-If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?

For the most part, the dolls are simply posed together. Sometimes I photograph them, but most of the time it's entirely a mental and visual completeness thing to have both halves of a pair together. Having my sibling and companion groups together is similar. I like having "sets". ^_^

ETA:
      -When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan it to be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?

A few were after-the-fact pairings (Crane and Nightengale, for instance. I have no idea where THAT came from. o_0), but most are planned in advance. Sometimes I get both halves of the pair right the first time around, other times it takes a few tries to settle on the sculpts that suit both of them best.

15. On the whole, if my dolls are going to have relationships, I want them to be with dolls from my own collection. I have a couple of dolls who like to flirt at meetups, but it's never anything "serious." I guess I'm one of those who really likes having complete control over my characters; I don't want to have to deal with someone else's ideas, expressed through their doll, about my doll's character that might not feel right for me.

So far I only have one couple home. I didn't know they were going to be a couple until I brought her home and they hit it off at her box opening! It was just something that came out through the pictures - a bit of flirting, a bit of chivalry, and now a bit of "we'll see where this goes."

16. my current baby boy is based off of a charactr from a story i wrote and right now im desperately trying to find a doll to be his lover from the story but i having problems finding a doll that is the same size (msd) that can pull it off!

17. My dolls were a couple long before they were dolls, since they are characters from a story I was already writing. And I bought them together, as a couple. They arrived in the same package together (which was actually just yesterday ^_^ )

Since all the dolls I've got or am planning are based on orignal characters from an existing story, I would really only consider pairing them with each other...

18. -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      -If someone else's. In person or internet?

Oh man, I think it would be incredibly embarrassing to have one of my boys fall for a boy (or girl) who didn't belong to me. How do you begin to explain this to the other doll's owner, assuming you can even find out who that is (since if this happened to my guys it would 99% likely happen via a photo online)? What if the other doll was already committed, or not of the same gender preference, or belonged to someone who wasn't interested in working outside of her own plotlines? Many, many possibilities for massive awkwardness.
      -If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      I would always rather they like the dates I choose for them, though I realize that may not always work out.
      -If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their backstories figured out, plan out their future or do anything else with the dolls?
      If you were actually friends with the owner of the other doll, I can imagine this all might be fun. =)
      -If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?

Everything I can think of. Photoshoots together, fiction writing, story dreaming, sitting them together on the bed every day, just looking at how lovely they look together.
      For those of you who want a relationship for your doll(s):
      -Would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?

See previous answers.
      For you guys who have both dolls of your lover pair:
      -When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan to have him/her be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?

The moment I saw Shao I felt sure he was the perfect sweetheart for Komori; that was the #1 reason I had to buy him. It changed my entire family plotline, but I was so certain I was right that I didn't hesitate. And when I finally had them side by side you could practically hear the snap of them bonding =) I've never doubted that 6th sense since.

I'm looking forward to reading the other 5 pages now and seeing how this works out for others. =)

19. I just realized now that as the OP and requester of this thread, I'm supposed to reply to posts. ^^; Sorry about that. I don't think I can do 5 pages of catching up (I have read every word though!) so I'll start replying to all new posts from here. You guys are awesome for taking your time to reply! <33 I hope those of you who've posted and are still interested'll come back.

Also, I updated the first post a couple of days ago for those of you who've yet to see it. With improved grammar as well! lol
      And as said on there, if you'd like to go deeper in depth in this topic, do let me know. :3

-Ramza

20. - Do you Prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      - If someones else's, In person or internet?
      Easily I would say someone elses - But it would have to be a friends, not a total stranger. Sadly I'm new to all the BJD's so I would have to say I don't have friends willing to have My Felinus with their doll. That, and my doll isn't a romantic type. Felinus is someone to thinks of nature as their love life, devoting himself to the outdoors.. Hes very Asexual, and things like love usually don't cross his quiet mind..

Weirdly enough, I'm already thinking about getting him a son though ( Adopted ) as I want a centaur doll to match the hooves that come with AH's Raul mold.