1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

For those of you with dolls who have lovers.. (or want one)

Jul 4, 2010

1. I would greatly prefer to own both dolls in a couple as opposed to owning one while someone else owns the other.

The idea of sharing a dolly romance with someone sounds intriguing but there's just too many risks in sharing a doll couple with both people you can talk to in person and people from the internet.

I don't understand why you would spend all that money on a doll to be stifled on how you want the doll to be portrayed because the doll's SO's owner may disagree with a few things about your doll.

And what about when your doll stays with them for a few weeks to a few months?
      You spend alot on the doll and have nothing to show for it half the time.

Not to mention how much shipping may cost depending on doll size/weight and location of both you and your friend.

I just think it'd be best to own both dolls so you can freely portray them how YOU feel they should be portrayed without upsetting anyone that matters, since its no guarantee one owner would see the couple the same as the other owner.

2. I am more inclined to own both, myself. I have had my boys do cross owner relationships and it is just not worth the hassle. Most people seem to not understand the idea of monogamy when it comes to dolls for some reason. YES! THEY ARE DOLLS! That doesn't mean that it cannot be monogamous. tch!
      My Lishe, for example. He's had 3 cross owner boyfriends which either ended in them cheating or them changing up on us. He is my closest doll so you bet it hurt. Would I not be friends with the person afterward? Nah, I wouldn't do that... But it is still awkward.

BACK ON SUBJECT AS A WHOLE!
      I do prefer cross relationship as it is more fun to have another person playing it out with you. Much like a real relationship, you can only control yourself. :3
      but to avoid heartache sometimes it is safer to own both @^@

3. -Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      I'd rather they fall for one of my own dolls; mainly because all the dolls i have/get are characters from my stories which are linked in some way to each other.

-If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?

I've not really thought about this so i dont really know =/

-If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their backstories figured out, plan out their future or do anything else with the dolls?

If my doll has a partner they'd be my own dolls

-If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?
      Taking photo's and writing stories

4. Well.. I actually have a rather unique doll...

First, I ordered my RD Petter and an RD Judges to be his significant other. The character of my Petter is one I have role-played for years, and although he always ends up a lovable constant traveler of loves, I thought it might be possible for atleast his doll incarnate to be monogamous...

Nope. Soon after ordering my two RD boys.. I happened to find an RD Spencer that I just adored. However, I know that my poor Petter, when given the option between two equally dashing men ( one more of an uke type, and one more in the line of seke) he'd simply choose both. >.< On top of that.. IH Cocori has recently caught my eye.. and the only thing my Petter's character like more than many lovers is being able to have children so.. chalk one more lover up for him.. and now I'm thinking of getting my Judges a sister, and while she'd be quite a tsundere, it's possible he might go for her as well...

All in all.. he may end up with 4 lovers, more if he decides to find mutual love amongst any of my friends' SDs ( seeing as for certain on friend has a doll who wants to honor of kicking him in the crotch for being such a "pervert"), though no idea if that will happen or not.. he'll also have two daughters to spoil rotten, but I guess if his kids can deal with having five parental-ish figures... then all should be fine..

His character's problem is a literal phobia of being tied down to a single person, but he can't bare to be alone. So instead of facing his fears, he finds it easier to just hop from lover to lover as he pleases... He's odd that way, but I can't help but love him..

5. I think I fall under all cateogories XD I have a doll who had RP relationships but is now going to have an in-house boyfriend and a doll whose future boyfriend will (once dolified) belong to a friend. I have a few romantic pairs planned for the future, and they'll all be of the in-house variety, just because when I created those characters, I also created their boy/girlfriend/spouse.

My doll who had RP relationships... He was/is based on a very minor character from a story and honestly didn't have much personality or backstory at first. I had a lot of fun RPing with him, but the more I developed the character, the less he seemed to suit RPing. He's a host, he flirts for a living, and, even though he's a total romantic, he doesn't want to be in a serious relationship... which is sort of the opposite of what most people want when they're doing relationship RP. So I don't RP him much now, and I've bought a doll based on one of his boyfriends so I can do photoshoots and photostories.

My other doll, whose boyfriend will be owned by a friend... Well, the dolls are based on a pair of characters we've RPed for ages, so we'll probably just keeping RPing them or writing stories. Photoshoots will probably happen, but since we live three hours apart, they likely won't won't happen often. For me, the fun of that particular doll will be having a resin version of a much-enjoyed character; the relationship that character has probably won't be such a major detail of the doll version.

6. I, personally, would want to own my dolls lover. It would either have to be mine, or.... I suppose that he/she/it could belong to one of my siblings if the case arose. But I generally like to only pare my characters with other characters of mine. An insecurity thing of mine, I suppose :/

If my doll where to have a fling with someone else's doll, then it would have to be one I know in real life. I'm very doubtful that it would happen that my doll would end up with another doll who I'd seen only over the internet. Because it wouldn't seem right to me, and I'd eventually get bored and that would be unfortunate... So I really only plan on having my dolls end up with my other dolls.
      As of currently, my second doll is in the process of being created and sent to me, and I'm pretty sure that he'll be having a fling with Phoenix (my Luts KDF Almond), I didn't plan it like that when I ordered him, it simply happened, it might not last more then a few months, and in theory, the characters of Phoenix and Chai live in completely different universes. But the idea of them together is one that I can't get rid of. It makes perfect sense that I will be taking cute snuggly pics of them together. Because it just clicked and I can't see it any other way right now. But that kind of thing doesn't happen with images of my dolls with other peoples dolls, because I'd be too apprehensive to broach the subject with them, and... It just wouldn't end up working due to my lack of comfort with the roleplay. :(

7. I have recently sold the boy half of my doll-couple to upgrade him; the oppurtunity came up for me to finally get the Volks Genji of my dreams and so he will be replacing my CP El. I really don't do roleplay or feel comfortable with it, so I couldn't have another person be involved in a couple; it would seem strange to me. The only way I may consider it is if my partner suddenly decides he wants his WOW Belf in doll form to match my ones who are; but I don't see that happening. I might do it it myself though so who knows.

I am happy that Emanuel (DOT Ducan) and Victoria (Volks Suiseiseki) are in a couple and are both mine, although Emanuel's brother is owned by my best friend and that works for us.

8. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      It's definitely a lot more interesting to have the relationship be with someone else's doll because when it's just you it's boring. You know what's going to happen because it's all in your head. But if there's someone else with you it's like an actual relationship for the doll - one played by one party, and the other by the other party. Not just choreographed stuff. So... in theory, someone else's is better.

If someone else's. In person or internet?
      Whoever fits the role, be it in person or internet. Unfortunately, when you have a doll's-lover over the internet (take, for example, roleplay) people may/will drift, and then you're left with half a torn heart.

If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      If I knew that the owner of my doll's mate wasn't going to vanish or drift away I'd like someone else. But seeing as unless I am in a relationship with said owner, there's no way to keep from drifting apart from someone. So in theory the different owner would be ideal but because there's a loyalty issue I have to say that reality dictates owning both sides of the doll relationship...

If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their backstories figured out, plan out their future or do anything else with the dolls?
      When I had one of mine involved with another doll owner's it was over the internet, so we roleplayed a lot in different scenarios, yet all scenarios drew both characters together. They were compatible. For a while I said they were together, a relationship, so long as I was actively roleplaying the doll characters in the relationship.

If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?
      I'll have to figure this out. I'll probably take a lot of pictures of them together because in person, the dolls are just toys. Just really fancy action figures. But once they're on a digital picture they come alive as people, and those pictures tell stories. So I'll tell the story of each character's relationship, the history of each character, illustrated through photos. And that is how I will enjoy having both sides of the relationship.

Would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?
      If I could find someone with the same ideals, hell yeah, where's my part 2? Any takers? Oh? No one? It's difficult to find a partner irl let alone one that will be there loyally for my doll's part 2 as well... it's theory versus reality... in theory I want x but in reality I can only have y.
      When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan to have him/her be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?
      My characters are already fleshed out, so I know who is who's first love and who is who's second love, who will forever be alone, who killed who, etc. Though once I got my third doll, that influenced a lot of storyline, and I ended up breaking pre-determined relationships to rebuild everything in my head.

9. I have a doll couple all lined up, and I own neither of them, lol! But when I get them they will be together. I think having a couple between two different owners seems like too much work. Getting together for photoshoots, while fun, could be a potential hassle depending on families, schedules, etc. And what if you and the other owner have a falling out? It sucks, but it happens.

That said, I'm not ruling it out entirely. If I have a doll who's "single" and someone wants our dolls to get together, hey, why not? But I think they'd have to suggest it; I'd feel a little weird asking someone if my doll could date theirs, I think. <=)

10. Soul Animal: I agree. Friends who are doll owners would be very cool to have. Friends who have dolls who can possibly be your own doll(s)'s significant other(s) would be amazing! lol It seems interesting that your nature-loving asexual boy is interested in taking care of an offspring figure. Let me know how it works out? XD

Eevee: Yes, how YOU feel they should be portrayed should definitely be number one on the importance scale. And shipping could definitely be a hassle not worth taking but are you saying you're willing to give up an opportunity for your doll to have a great SO or even a great friend just because of issues with shipping alone?

Jisatsu: Lol. Personally, I think monogamy is more of a human issue than one of their resin counter part. But from what I've seen.. First, are you sure that both of you understand the kind of relationship you're in? As in the other side knows you don't want them to pair their boy/girl with other dolls because they're with yours. And second..there're probably other reasons than just not willing to be monogamous. For example, they only have the money to buy one doll but wants more uhh.. exposure? But I agree that heartaches are prone to happen.

JrockHeven: Ah. I'm sure planned characters are fun to try to match up with a resin body and planned pairings too. Good luck.

LordNoir: "Traveler of loves" That is an awesome title! XD And lol @ your many yaoi term usages. (I wonder if non-yaoi readers here will understand them?) What a great story. Lol. That's a character I'd like to meet someday. Or have my dolls meet but not to be added to his list of lovers, of course. Well, 5 parental-ish figures... I'd hate/love to think what holidays and birthdays must be like for them.

Shashan: Ah. Hosts. I understand their concept of not wanting to be tied down. It sucks that you're not able to role play more just because the roleplayers you find intends on being in relationships. I have dolls like that as well. I hope I don't lose the spirit to role play them. I'll bet it's great to be able to put your characters in resin form, especially after so many years of forming said character. Best of luck!

Hello~how~are~you~: Insecurity is not a bad thing. Especially when a relationship of any kind is involved. Just don't be too obsessed with everything being perfect that you miss an opportunity if or when there is one. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I hope everything goes well for you.

Absynthe: Upgrades..That's something I haven't thought about. Would they still be the exact same character?

Aikohaku: I agree with you 100%. Couldn't have typed it better myself. But I'm still a helpless hopeful when it comes to this subject and even if the reality of y that is x for even a little bit, I'll probably fall for it and make the best of things. ..S-Second love? I didn't know you planner types plan that far ahead! (I'm not a planner at all) Rebuilding happens a lot to me and I don't even plan things out in the first place. Hm. I wonder how that works out. XD;

MischaL: Lol. For a second there I thought you plan out other people's dolls' relationships! XD But good luck on getting your couple pair. So you'd rather wait.. I hope your doll at least send out some vibes or something..? So that others get the idea that they should suggest? If that makes sense? Lol

All: That was fun. I really should've replied from the start. I hope I didn't sound too much like one of those old future teller grannies. XD Thank you to everyone who shared your thoughts!

11. @Ramza: I know, I'll try not to be ^-^ Thanks!! ^_^

12. Ooh, such an interesting topic! After having my first doll for a while (who was bought with her character not determined beforehand), I started really feeling the urge to shell fully-developed original characters with my subsequent dolls. And for virtually all of my own and my shared (with my best friend) original characters, their romantic partner is always an extremely important factor - the main characters, at least. I don't have lead characters in stories so much as I have lead couples ^__^ So in dolling any of them, I really have to plan to doll in pairs.

-Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      In my situation, they're always going to fall for one of my own because their partners are already established. If my best friend started to collect dolls I suppose we could split one of our couples, but she's quite content being auntie to mine and doesn't really want to own one herself.

-If you have the choice of either (ruling out financial problems, originality or lack of, etc), which would you prefer?
      I would always prefer to own both dolls in a couple, gives me total control! But seriously, to me it would feel like a kind of lonely relationship being separated most of the time :(

I pose them together lots, take photographs... the relationships between the characters also have other media besides dolls to play in - writing, drawing, general daydreaming and so forth.

-When you get or got the second doll, do you or did you plan to have him/her be your first doll's love or it just turned out that way?
      So far, all planned - and the first doll was usually pining for the second to come home, naww. If I ever buy a non-OC doll again, theoretically they could end up with my first non-OC doll who is "single". But my wishlist is all shells right now.

13. I tend to base my dolls off of original characters I've already developed. Since I mainly make those through role play with a good friend, it happens they usually have partners already that are just sadly not in doll form as of now. I hope she'll make the money to buy some of them though ><.

14. @Ramza:
      I'd like to have another person's doll's be the lovers of my own character dolls, but now where would you meet people like that? Where does one roleplay OCs, let alone doll OCs? See, that's the problem... It was coincidence I met the other gal I mentioned in my very long post. I mean, I've bumped into other roleplayers, but none have the x and the y and the z that I'm looking for. After a while, I got discouraged, so I'm rearranging my characters to be paired with each other... but of course, I could always break them back up should someone else come along.

You get some major applause for patiently waiting.

15. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      One of my own. Particularly since their stories are so important to me, all planned out and such. With Sakiyo, I have her girlfriend planned, but I keep changing my mind on the sculpt and I can't seem to settle on one who is truly "Mei." I'm having the same trouble for Laurent, but that's because even the big boys don't look quite manly enough to be Bailey. XD

If both your own, what do you do to enjoy said relationship?
      I plan on pictures and photostories, and some writing and art. Those kinds of things.

Would you rather have their ideal significant other in your own possession or seek out someone else with said ideals?
      As I said above, in my own possession. That's due to two main facts: I don't know anyone local well enough to have someone else own Sakiyo's SO, and her story is already decently planned out. I know the name, the history, etc... I just need the doll!

16. Just curious really :) does anyone have a doll thats ''dating'' or even married to another persons doll? OwO really curious about it XDD

17. I think this may have been brought up somewhere else, but to answer your question; yes. My boy Lachrimae is engaged to another doll named Yuki. They live a thousand miles away, but that doesn't stop them. Yuki's owner and myself have actually arranged for Lachrimae to be shipped to her for a month. Yuki is just as much as my little baby boy as Lachrimae is. In a really nonweird way. (:

18. There's a thread just down the page about dolls in 'relationships', which I suspect this thread will be merged with.

I would recommend taking a look at it :>

19. I searched for it but nothing came up x.x my search bar doesnt work X.x

20. Do you prefer to have your doll fall for one of your own dolls or someone else's? Why?
      I have mostly couples here In-House, as it were, just because it's easier and I like working on their stories myself. Their world is low fantasy medieval and I don't know other people who would be willing to "limit" their doll to my storyline world, even only for photoshoots. They'd have to have the right clothes and a passably natural faceup unless they join as one of the fae.
      -If someone else's. In person or internet?
      I don't spend nearly as much time on the internet as it would take to pretend a relationship. Any doll matches will be with people I see every so often for photoshoots together and time to plot over it.
      Meh?
      -If your doll's significant other has a different owner, do you take pictures, role play, chat in-character, have their backstories figured out, plan out their future or do anything else with the dolls?
      Don is mine, Khorae is Adara's, but we RP them a lot, do shoots of them together, and generally have fun with it. They've been a couple in various RP incarnations for years. They just belong together.
      The dolls I have who are pairs get photoshoots together, snuggling, flirting, holding hands or kissing, depending on how far along their relationships have gotten. Heck, poor Kevya hasn't even admitted to anyone that he is attracted to Elinore, let alone held her hand or anything like that yet. Elinore is kind of his best friend's sister, though, and Kevya's had a nasty past love life, so he's taking things sloooow.