1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~For Those Who Own a Single Doll~

Jul 27, 2009

1. Up until a few days ago, I had one doll so forgive me if my words no longer count...

When I bought my first doll, I intended to buy another shortly after that. However, I held off on this. When I finally got my doll, which was in early April, I tried to get myself to buy more dolls, but couldn't because what I really wanted to do was spoil my Adelheid.

My plans for a big collection of dolls turned into a collection of pretty outfits.

I really don't feel comfortable buying additional dolls until I feel that a doll I have has already been bought many items.

I sort of had the reverse to the "intending to own only one" rule, haha. It really took some convincing to buy myself a second doll. She was a good price and I was in love with the sculpt and I got an event head. But now I have to spoil both of them. >.<

2. i don't have one yet, but once i do get one, i'll probably stick to just one. for many reasons. one of those reasons being money, but mostly because... i only want one. i'd feel so bad if i went on vacation, but could only take one of them, and leave the rest at home, or if i bought something for one, and not the other(s).
      plus, this way, the one doll i'd have would be able to be spoiled without anyone feeling jealous. :sweat

3. I don't have a doll yet but I will only Buy one doll, they are very expencive.... I will eventualy own more tho but I want to sculpt and cast them myself. I love sculpting:lol:

4. I only had one doll for a year, an Iplehouse Silvia. And she is the only one home with me, so in a way this still applies to me. ^_^"
      It also wasn't that I didn't want more during that year (I ended up with a list of about 10 that I wanted! >.< And I have purchased two more dolls now, um, that weren't on the list actually...), but I was quite happy with just the one. I really liked figuring out all that she could do, with clothing, looks, photography, poses, etc. Especially since she was my first doll. It was good to get to know what I was doing.

I only purchased the second doll after a year, a Soom Amber, because I had one of those doll moments where I saw her and she just grabbed me till I couldn't stop thinking about her...so I purchased her. ^_^
      It's interesting because I consider that I actually own three dolls, but I still only have the one home with me. Amber has not shipped yet, and the third doll is a MnM, so the group order for the head has not been put in yet, but I have purchased a body for him...um, but it also hasn't shipped yet.

I'm not worried that they will be jealous of each other, because in my head they make a really good set, but I am a little nervous about how they will all fit in my apartment!

Mostly I am excited, because the one thing that I did miss with only one doll was interaction in posing and in photos between more than one doll. I think it will be fun to explore again! ^_^

5. I only have one doll, Noah, and he is my absolute joy.
      Though, I'd love love love to give him his boyfriend, I don't think I could afford it until I moved out. (I'm 16)
      There are a lot of dolls I like out there, but Noah, is all I need right now.

6. I have one doll. I don't want to get a second until I buy him some more clothes, and if it's possible to put him on a MNF A-line body, I would want to do that before saving for my second. But since I'm too sick to work I have very little opportunity to earn money, so I guess it'll be a while.

I'm still really happy with my boy though, and it took me a long time to even want a second doll. I think the largest I would want my doll family to be is 4 (so everyone has a companion and no one feels left out XD). But then I would have to choose which one (maybe 2) to bring on vacation, one of the disadvantages of having multiple dolls.

7. I think your reply summarizes many of the replies here~ Well said! :)

8. It's alright :)
      Good luck with your spoiling!:XD:

9. There was one person that replied that both has one doll and isn't planning on another XD
      I don't think I could do anything for more than one doll but worry about how I would do something~

10. *waves back* Creepy >.<;
      Anyway, teach Xyn and Yuumi to share :lol:
      And Alexiel said he'd be happy to make some angel bebbies wif Yuumi~ then you'd have plenty XXD

11. right now i have just one doll. a MSD ¬_¬ i bought him cuz i just couldnt wait any more to have a BJD and MSD cost less, so.... also, hes the mini version of my dream doll wich cost A LOT (woosoo).
      but right now, im shopping for my 2nd doll! a SD this time :D i just CANT have only one! mostly because i want my dolls to have different styles. the one a currently have is normal... but tanned!! i also want an androgyne zombie, a girl to wear cute dresses, and a boy that'll have a huuuuuge tattoo thats gonna cover his whole arm :) i cant have only one boy to be all that!! (i will NOT have a boy in cute dresses!! >.< ) also because i plan to use my dolls as model for photography (when i'll buy a camera) and its nice to have dolls 'interact' on pics :D

BTW, it was my plan since the very beginning to have more than one doll. im not one of those who's like: its gonna be my one and true 'love' :fangirl: . but for my first, i needed that i was gonna love A LOT to help me wait for the others ^^

12. Right now I only have one doll.

It would be nice to just stick with one....but I do want to get another one. My current doll is a Dollzone mini BB Luna...I think...

Though I plan to save up first, and carefully decide which of the many out there to get...and which character to base him (I'm pretty sure it's going to be a him) on. Though I may end up buying more over time...

13. i only own one doll only because i don't have the finances to buy another, but if that opportunity arises i will snatch it.

14. right now, I only have one doll, but I am planning for 2 more... so I don't know if that really counts or not lol
      I'm happy with just my puki, but part of the reason I got into BJDs in the first place is so I could use them as models for drawing, and while pukis are amazing, especially for their size, the proportions just aren't what I'm used to. I just need to figure out how to tell my parents I want to buy a $400 doll.....

15. Good luck >.<
      Or you could try "Dad, Mom... Could I buy one of those spirit children from this bargain website?" :wiggle

16. I have one boy. :) Sometimes it is hard for me to actually keep my promise to Kyoharu [my doll <3]. I told him when I got him, he'd be my only and I'd only spoil the hell out of him. Then I saw the Vito doll at Iplehouse and I fought hard with my mind about the whole thing, but I eventually let the other LE doll go. I also thought about getting a girl doll, but that urge isn't anywhere near as strong as the one for Vito. lol I am planning on getting one of the Elf Dolls seed dolls. But I guess they're not really dolls. lol

I do like only having one doll. They're easier to manage/carry around at meets/stores, etc. And like everyone else has said, you get to spoil the heck out of them. :)!! I also think you bond a little better when you only have one. Probably because you spend more time with them? o.O"

17. Haha, I was actually scared out of my mind but I told my mommy. I have to get a job for this winter first, and then I have permission!:D

18. Congrats ^.^
      I think we should get paid for our little pre-bjd problems >.>

19. It's funny, because unless you do everything with all of your dolls at the same times, you are spending uneven amounts of time with them. I've never been good at "switching off" from things, so if I got a second bjd, I would probably look back and realize I hadn't looked at the other for the past week and then I would feel horrible *_*

20. I only have one doll right now. I've had her since october '08. I only have one doll because I'm unemployed. However, I do very much want another. I'm going to be doing housework for my parents so that I can save for my next doll.
      Having only one has been nice in it's own way. I've been able to buy her a good amount of clothes, without another doll around also begging for clothes :p When I get my boy, I think Rosamund's new clothes days will be over for a very long time ^^;;;