1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~For Those Who Own a Single Doll~

Jul 27, 2009

1. So far I only have one, my beautiful Alicia, but I am planning on buying a second one soon.

If I hadn't planned my dolls around characters that are close to each other, which is why I'm getting more than one in the first place, I'd be perfectly content with just the one. It helped a lot that I researched for a long time and made sure I picked a doll that I really love, and it also helps to tell myself that there is SO MUCH I still haven't done with her--so many photo shoots I still haven't done, so many clothes and accessories I still want to try to make or buy... with more than one doll, I'd have even less time to focus on having fun with her. :)

I think it's awesome that you only have the one boy, and personally, I wish I had your resolve!!

2. I have only one ATM...I want more but between saving for it, not being able to find quite what I want, certain things not available a certain way (right skin tone or size or whatever), and the waiting, it can be quite frustrating at times...And thus I am still at 1 doll.

3. I only have an SD girl at the moment, but I'm already doing character designs for another one, but that'll take me about 4 months to save.

4. I wanted only one doll because, well, frankly, I couldnt afford more than one at the moment >.>

But it feels kinda cool just to have that one special doll in your home, makes him unique, if theres alot of BJDs in one room, you tend to forget each of the doll's 'special-ness', well, thats my opinion anyway.

I might get Kal a partner next year (IH Jessica!!) , at the meantime, he will have my full attention for now ;)

5. I also have one doll, like everyone else (laugh). He's been here since this February. Since then, I played with the idea of buying another mini so that he could have a friend/sibling, but... one is really enough for me, I think! It's kind of easy to tell, because I still look at other dolls for sale, but never consider buying them - they seem like a distant dream. So I guess I don't really want any more. I'm not a serious collector. :sweat

There's nothing holding me back from saving up my money and buying another one... but at the moment, Cecilio is all I need. <3

6. I dont' know if I can post here, cause I fall into the 3+ catagory now (I just realized that! O___O)...
      but when I just had my girl, I always felt so bad when I'd go to school or somewhere because she'd be on her own...So that was deff. motivation for me to get my next! ^____^

7. I don't have a doll yet, I am waiting until after I move in Oct to buy her, but I plan on owning just one. I have a small child, and planning to have a second and spending all my money on dolls is not something I want to do. One is good :P

8. I only have one doll.. At the moment. XD
      I actually want to get multiple dolls. I only have one doll now 'cause I'm saving for my second doll. Lol. As you can see with my wishlist.. I want A LOT of dolls. I don't think I could ever just have one. But, that's just me. XD

9. I've been planning to get a second, but I think reading this thread has made me realize I should wait. I have enough trouble finding time to learn how to make stuff for my first!

I think about it like when I used to have a pet rat. When it was just her, we were great friends. But when I got a second, I felt like I never had the time to be with either of them enough. Then again, they didn't get along... I guess the real lesson is that you have to be sure your dolls get along!

10. I have only one doll atm, but I will be ordering two more very shortly and I can't help but to want all different types of these lovely babies!

11. Right now, I only have one doll. My DollZone Yuu, Rave. I do have plans for two more dolls later this month, but if I couldn't get them, I would be happy with one doll. He's amazing, and fun, and kind of a confidant of sorts when I feel alone.

12. I have also only one doll. When I decided to buy him, I never thought about buying more dolls later on, not only because the high prices but also because, well, I just wanted to have one doll :) Actually, if prices would have been cheaper, I think I wouldn't buy another one.

13. I have one doll he is 30cm tall Volks dollfie. I love him to death. But I am going to get more dolls. But not till late this year.
      Even though my doll is small, I still love him.

14. That is a good point. I told my doll later this year I plane on getting another doll. He didnt like that one bit.
      And people who do get more then one doll should treat each one with the same respect, even if you like one more than another. (sp?)

15. I think I'll prolly end up with keeping only one. I haven't saved up enough yet, but two things propel me to think I won't ever choose another one - a, the cost, I don't have my own income yet so I'm literally saving every cent of my allowance, and b, the fact that I'd really just prefer to dote on one completely, instead of having to split my affection amongst a few dolls!

16. I only have one, and I don't have the money to "pamper" it, it blows my mind that people can afford one doll let alone, six.
      For me, that is where making your own junk comes in handy.
      However; I'm not the most talented in that department, but eh, practice makes perfect?

I most definitely don't plan on more, though. Given my age and situation, 500 dollars is like, everything... O_o
      I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on something like this again, not with the money problems of the present world.
      I'd rather give that kind of money to my parents, or well, anyone who would use it for something practical.
      I feel lucky I have the one I do, and I'm happy with that.

17. I've only got my Honey Delf Pitta, Rosalie. One of my BJD-owning friends has 13 dolls, which is insane.
      I would never be able to keep track of them all!
      Still, Rosalie feels lonely; her only friends are my brother's action figures, so maybe I'll get a nice big
      brother or sister for her in the future.

18. I only have one doll, my Adrian, and he is an AoD as well! ^_^ What sculpt is your Viktor? My boy is a Min.

At the moment I only have one because I've only been seriously in the hobby (As in buying things and active instead of just a dolly admirer) for about a month and I'm still learning about different companies and their pros and cons (Adrian was bought at a convention). Also, just the money issue. Adrian cleaned me out on top of college expenses...

I do plan to get a second doll at some point in the very distant future, and I've casually shopped around for sculpts, and so far I've been frustrated. Adrian is very mature for an MSD and in order to get a companion that looks the same age as he does I'm going to have to go up to an SD, which is more expensive. I've chosen two that I like but it's going to be just Adrian and me for a long time. Which is fine because it means he gets spoiled more.

19. I find it funny how no one ever seems to understand that >.<

20. Hmm... I just got my first yesterday, but I'm pretty sure I'll only have 1 doll, because of the cost and because there are so many beautiful outfits, wigs and eyes that I want just for my 1 doll ^_^ Which I would rather have than another doll, I think.