1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~For Those Who Own a Single Doll~

Jul 27, 2009

1. Alexiel (Viktor was kind of a stage name from when he was younger, long story short) is an AoD Jimi T (SD)... whatever the T stands for. I know D means Dreaming...
      Maybe Alex and Adrian can talk sometime? :)

2. I only have one doll. I've been saving for this one doll for a long time, and I've finally got him.
      I've never planned to only have one doll, but I didn't plan to get my second so soon.
      ....not until I saw a MNM GO that caught my eye. I am weak....

3. I too fall under the category of only having one doll, but wanting others. Right now my plans are to stop at three, four at the most, to complete a cast of original characters I have, but who knows what will happen.

But I do understand having only one doll, especially on buying clothes. :|

4. I only have one doll, but there are a few others that have caught my eye, now. :'D So that might change.

Really, I do love just having one, sometimes. Being able to spoil my little boy rotten without any distractions is nice. c: Not necessarily cheaper, sometimes, but nice. XD;

5. I also have only one doll, and I had a really hard time saving up some cash to get him and now I'm having difficulties of getting him new stuff like shoes and clothes! so I think getting a second one will take a few years to achieve XD

6. I only have one doll too. He's a KDF Bory~ He's so cute ^^. I'm happy having only him right now. I don't plain to get another anytime soon. It would be cool to have another but, I'm pretty content with my Bory :3.

7. Ooh, sure! He loves making new friends!

8. I have had just one doll, my Nabi as she is seen in my avatar and signature, for over a year now. I have a big and great wishlist of dolls I'd love to own. If I had all the money in the world, I'm sure I'd also be an avid doll collector. However... when I purchased Nabi, I had said that I want Nabi to be my one and only doll. This reasoning did not come because of her price (I had bought her second hand for really cheap), but because of how much I wanted to spoil her.
      ... However, she now has this set character about her where she can't wear blacks or dark colors of any sort. She looks odd in pants as well. Even her boots are now pushing it for me. She's too sweet to wear anything bold... which is why I have decided to start saving for my second doll. She will be the opposite of Nabi. She will be a bold character who can wear strong colors and be provocative, even. And I am sure because of all these reasonings, I will also end up saving for a boy after as well. But I don't personally like pretty boys so he will be another cool bold character, unable to play the innocence. But again, that's fine with me. Can't stand pretty boys... just not for me, personally.

Anyway, I am a bit greedy. This is why I've changed my decision. But even though I don't have either of the other dolls yet, I'm extremely satisfied with having just Nabi. I just wish I could sew more so she could have more clothes to wear.

9. Wow, I'm really impressed by all you folk that have managed to stick with just one doll. Unfortunately, that's simply been an impossibility for me. There are just too many wonderful faces for me to stick to one.

10. Hi, I have only one doll right now and I love him to pieces. I think there is not more beautiful mold to express that character in my mind :aheartbea
      But I know I will buy 3 more dolls to play 3 other characters in my mind in the future (and they arent even from the same story or time period - one that I have is from ancient Persia, one will be from future, one from Franc in 21st century and one is Jrocker lol) so I dont plan to play with them or photograph them together. However I bought this one after 3 years of wishing to have him as BJD, so he will be my lonely doll long time.

11. I've got only one doll... so far.
      My Lawrence is a Dream of Doll Homme Ducan and I love him to pieces. He was the first doll I wanted no matter what and I didn't want to buy another doll because I'm always short on money...
      but now I terribly want a sister for him... and I also fell in love with the migidoll ryu sculpt... eventually I'm gonna buy at least a girl... but it isn't easy to get that much money for a high school student

12. I have one doll and thought that was all i needed lol but now I totally want like 2 more.
      I think 2 or 3 dolls would be the perfect amount for me ^^

13. It's interesting to read that many reasons for not getting a second doll is because owners want to devote their full attention to their current doll. That's wonderful!

My reasoning for having one doll (and will probably remain with one doll for some time) is that I have trouble "creating" a doll that suits me from, for lack of a better term, blank canvas. I'm a visual type of person and I find it hard to look at various sculpts and try to imagine what the doll would look like with different face-up, different eyes, wig, etc. I've come across a few dolls that have sparked my interest but not the same type of interest I felt with Ashke. I often wonder though, if these dolls were in a different wig or perhaps had a different eye color would I want to own them. But again, trying to imagine those changes is difficult for me.

Cheeeky :dance

14. Why do you only have/want one doll?
      I only have one doll because that is all I can currently afford.

Have you had the urge to buy another doll?
      Yes. Alllll the time; even more so now that I have one.

How did you fight this urge?
      My bills make me resist. Hahaha.

15. My only doll has become, very quickly, quite definate as to what she will/can wear! isn't that weird. Lots of folks talk about new clothes etc but my doll is now dressed and hatted and I couldn't undo all that work... Lesley

I have minor cravings for a new doll a boy this time or not...

16. Well I'm currently waiting for my first head to arrive but I intend to only have one, so I can shower all my affection onto her. Although next year when things hopefully improve I may purchase another one.
      x

17. I've only had Hikaru, a kid delf Cherry, for 2 years now. I've been planning on getting him a little sister for a long while now, but if I only have him that's fine too.

I wouldn't want any more than 2 or 3, that's just too much and a little overwhelming. but only having one limits the photos you can take. ^_^

18. I bought my Honey Delf because she was the one I loved the most, so if I decided to only have one, I knew I would be happy with just her. But I always wanted a boy too and I've just ordered a Leeke D... :XD: I will wait quite a long time before getting any more though, as I would like to give all my attention to these two for a while!!

19. I find that I may soon be leaving the ranks of the one dollie people >.< I've found my dream doll and started saving for him, but I'm hoping I can order him for my birthday~

20. I only have one doll but I do have a seconde on the way. Having one doll is great! You can pamper him/her and not worry about other jealous dolls. But my boy needs some excitement in his life so I had to buy him his half brother. Sometimes I think it's nice only having one.