1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~For Those Who Own a Single Doll~

Jul 27, 2009

1. Why do you only have/want one doll? Have you had the urge to buy another doll? How did you fight this urge?

I have hundreds of characters, but lack thousands of dollars, and I don’t want to buy one or two dolls to be my characters and not have the rest, so… I just settle for one doll for now who isn’t any of my characters. ><;
      I do plan on buying more in the future, but only when I have some serious cash. ^^; For now I settle on pampering the guy I have<3

2. i really only want one. other than him, there's only two other dolls in the whole world that i like.
      any of the Zuzu Delf Lios and Scarface Cecile.

3. I have one girl right now, but then I want her to have a friend!! I'm worried that I'll end up going favoritism on them and possibly give one more clothes than the other, but then I know there's bound to be tons of hilarious photostories what with their clashing personalities. :XD:

4. I only have one, my tiny Ante ^^ I'm not much of a doll collector and there are lots of issues in my life more important than dolls, to tell the truth. It happend like that: I saw my first bjds, thought it over and in a year I bought the one I liked the most. That's it, she's mine and I'm pretty sutisfied :) Now it's more amusing to "play" with her (dress, pose, photoshoot) than to want more dolls ^^ However, sometimes I realize that if she had a sister, it would be more interesting... but I don't have money for a new one and it doesn'n bother me a lot, really!

5. Hi~
      Currently, Aki (a LUTS Kid-delf Cherry Boy) is my only boy whom I've had for a little over a year.
      He's actually a surprise gift, so I was pretty blind sited when I got him;;

As much as I would love to own another one, I currently lack the funds, and I'm still pretty new to the hobby. I kind of made a story that he's just waiting for his brother to come home since I'm looking at getting another boy in the near future ^^
      As of now, I'm very happy with my baby~

6. LoL, I haven't bought a new doll because I'm a PCS (poor college student) and I want so many other things that I need money for like a tattoo and graduate school. I love the one doll that I have, he has very little but he's a sweetie and I make him clothes when I have time and my friends often make him little treats like hats and scarves.

I do really wish I could get a girl but I know I can't afford her, or get her a wig or the eyes I want but I figure when I get a real job I'll get her.

7. Well...

...I only planned to ever have one. A female, high-quality, SD. My dream doll.

Then I realized, my dream doll cost $600.

Then I thought...she has to have a companion...I would be so sad if I was destined by someone bigger than me to only live alone.

So I've settled on two dolls.

But anyways, in regards to your question, I completely understand. One doll to love and pamper and everything! That was my intention. Ever since I was little, I always played with *one* thing. All my friends commanded 2-3 toys when we played, but I was focused on only having one.

No worry of looking after more than one, all accessories going to just one, no "oh, right, this outfit doesn't fit this doll, it fits the other one". But...that changed when Cecilia arrived.

But...I may have to stick with just one. I am technically (don't ask) disabled, and can't really get a job. I have to rely on birthday and christmas money to save up for dolls. I don't know.

Bottom line, I have one, and will only have one for around a year or two, until I save up birthday/christmas money for a companion for her.

8. Well, I think the whole "I will only have one, so I can spoil him/her forever and he/she will be my only companion, because if I get another, I won't love them equally and so on" state of mind can only be taken seriously if a person had that single doll for other a year and STILL don't wanna buy another. As terrific the idea of owning only one is, VERY few people stick to it, once they receive their first doll and spend some time in the hobby. Because most will eventually want:

a) more pretty to look at,
      b) friend/sibling/etc for the first doll, because it's lonely,
      c) a different model to sew for,
      d) a different size/gender just out of curiosity, etc etc etc.

It hasn't been 6 months yet since the thread was created and original poster has another doll in planning ;)

Don't get me wrong, I admire greatly anyone who is able to stick with just one, not out of financial reasons, but because they're really 100% content and satisfied with one doll. I think it's great, but it's so rare...

9. uhm...well I like the Idea of just having and loving only one...but I'm planning to get a second one in a year or two^^

10. I only have a head so far, so I'm not even finished with my first doll. She's a Soom Amber head and I absolutely love her to death. When I decided to get a doll, I made the decision that since they're so expensive, I'd only want one. And because of that, I knew I had to get the one that I really really wanted, or else I'd never be satisfied. So I spent all my money and got my Amber head and my Galena human body for her is on its way. And I'm really hoping I can be happy with that. I mean, I haven't seen another doll I like NEARLY as much as Amber, but Soom might be the death of me... I'm afraid that they'll come out with something so wonderful in the future that I won't be able to resist. But until then, there's no doll I like better. ^^

11. I'm still working on getting my first doll (although I've had a major setback due to losing my job) but I probably would stick to one mainly due to how expensive they are :P I mean I would love to have 3 ( 2 boys and a girl) but in reality because these guys are soo expensive I would prolly stick to one :P

12. i only have one doll. i am satisfied with just him for now. i can't speak for the future though, anything can happen.

13. I totaly adore my doll and never felt like I'd ever want (or need) another. Buying her new outfits and hair etc refreshes her anyway so why have another?
      ...Well... I was browsing the web and stumbled upon a gorgeous SD sized doll. Having another doll of a different size means having a wider variety of clothes and accessories to choose from and two's company right?
      I'm still undecided but it's looking likely I'll be owning more than one doll soom. Sorry, I mean soon ^^

14. I also have trouble keeping up with many things so i'd love the idea of only one doll but I do have a boy planned for my girl so I atleast have one of each that would be enough for me.

15. I only have one boy.

(but another is on it's way...so it doesn't count yet. lol)

16. XD!!!! That made me laugh. Oh, Soom. They ruin everyone's dreams. xD

17. Thanks, this thread helps. XD I currently own two dolls and a head. I'm thinking about downsizing to own only my SD (as she is my Holy Grail doll). Most of this is due to financial reasons because I am also a poor college student and I don't have enough income to "support" multiple dolls. Lately, however, I have been realizing that my last doll purchase was a year ago and that was the floating head. It will take at LEAST another year to afford a body for him. I also realized that my play time with them has diminished. I am busy, rarely sew anymore, and I only do 1-2 photo-shoots a year. Maybe when school is over I'll dip in again, but I’m pretty sure I want to go down to just one for now. I'll see how it goes. ^-^

18. I currently only have one doll because... well, I'm a fifteen-year-old who's too young to legally work, still living with her legal guardians, and only earning any income because I earn a small amount of money for honor roll on report cards. Basically, there's not much of a way for me to save to purchase a companion for my lovely Euphemia, though I have looked, believe me. Most of my money goes towards her clothes. xD;;;;

19. I only have one so far. It's very hard to stick to one, but the cost of each doll really helps! Once I figure out how to work one into my budget, I know that I'll do the same for the next one and the next and the next...

20. I have one doll now and thought he was going to be my only doll for a while but it seems I have fallen in love with another doll. XD