1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~For Those Who Own a Single Doll~

Jul 27, 2009

1. I just received my first doll at the very end of December. In my mind, I always sort of thought that I would like to have two, for some stylistic variety and so that they could keep each other company.

But now that I have my lovely lady, I find that she takes a lot of space (she's a 67 cm dollmore model doll) with just herself and a limited wardrobe. At the moment, although I think it would be wonderful to someday have two or maybe three dolls, I am really very pleased with just the one and don't know if I could handle more.

2. I too have only one doll-Dollmore Eva-Louise,and im quite setisfied with her:D
      But in any ways,right now im saving for Fairyland Lishe,i hope i wil lget her soon:D

3. I never really had the choice in this matter, strangely enough. I admired BJDs from afar, but I make barely enough to live off of and have a small mountain of debt, so any new (and very expensive) hobbies were going to have to wait. Then, one day, my Khorae arrived, as two of my wonderful friends pitched in so that I could join them in the crazy. And the next day, my Briar arrived as a another surprise gift and complete shock.

So I don't really have much experience with having only one doll, but I noticed that I do go through phases where I focus on only one of them for weeks at a time. I don't feel terrible about this at all, as while I had Khorae preplanned, Briar is a completely new character for me, so I spend a long time getting to know her and playing with her, but more time making things for Khorae, because I already know what she would want.

If I had done this myself, I'd probably have only Khorae (actually, I'd probably have no one at this time).

4. Hi Oakie! ^^
      I only have one doll. I was planning to have three, but now, I don't know...
      Having one seems the right thing, since I can give her all my attention and spend my money only with her - if I had two dolls, I wouldn't be able to spoil my Elodie that much :sweat

5. I have only one completed doll at the moment, my DD Sasara (the other two are just heads, which I don't count), I would be ok with only having her ever. But there are alot of other dolls I like that I would like to get eventually, and I'm sure there will be other Dollfie Dreams released in the future that I'll want. For now, she's all I can afford. But having only one doll of her scale to play with and spoil is kind of nice, I think I have too many 1/6 dolls. XD

6. I bought my first one in November of 2008. She was an obitsu with a haruka head. The woman I bought her from did a beautiful faceup. She is the doll in my avatar. She came naked and is still naked. I collect many different things including regular dolls and these bjds are definitely more money so I am going to build my collection up slowly. I was thinking about what I wanted next and I was thinking maybe some character dolls. There are a few movie or animation characters that I would love to have a doll of and since I have no artistic talent at all I would have to have someone put the whole doll together for me.

7. i only have Ai right now, and she's great for photo-shoots with my miniature sculpted food. However, I imagine it will be wonderful if I had more dolls for shoots like picnics, food fights etc. ;P

8. I'm still thinking if I really want more dolls... AND I DOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!! I think my highest dolly count would be only up to five, and that's it. My mom's always told me, "What'll happen to Freya when you get another one? Won't she feel jealous?". It sort of got me thinking, and I guess she's probably right.:sweat

9. For now I only have my eyes set on one doll. Once he arrives (in a few weeks maybe) I don't think I'll be getting another one for a looong time because I might be too busy to spend time with them all ._.

10. I'm very careful with money and clutter.. dolls are pretty big and I don't have much space, so I don't feel the need to have more than one right now. Also I feel like more dolls would be sort of redundant in a way. I'm having lots of fun with just one already. :3

Not that I wouldn't want one or two more eventually, but they would have to be VERY special dolls.

11. I have had dolls of varying sizes and different genders, and I didn't like the feeling of having so many. Instead of making a wardrobe for my new doll, he would fall by the wayside while I dreamed of the next one. I now have only one new doll, after having had none for over a year, and I have no intention of changing that, since I remember the former feelings of being overwhelmed. Sorry if this sounds a little dark, but I suppose there can be a dark side to dolls.

12. Heh, I always thought one was enough, but now that I'm waiting for my Hujoo to arrive, I just keep thinking that I will eventually want a big (50cm+) Resin doll in the future.

13. Well..mine is a floating..head..does that count? XD Anyway..yeah..price IS a concern..but I'm also worried about..spending equal time with all of them! I might get more..in the future..maybe..

14. Hi. I am new to bjd, and have one precious dollstown Seola. Now I am focused on spoiling her with clothes and wigs, (when I can find clothes that fit her well) but I think that I would probably like for her to have a friend/ little sister or two at some time when funds allow. She is one special little lady and I adore her, and for now, she stays an only child. Ahhhhhhh extra dolly funds, what a wonderful dream.

15. Since I'm in college and pay off student loans :( my current plan is just to have one doll and spoil him whenever I get excess money. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to get a second doll, but for now I'm happy with one.

16. I only have one right now, a RS Mai by the name of Florinel. He came to me as an unexpected present, and he's still sorta waiting on a body xD;

I do intend to get him a friend in a few months though. But I know for sure I don't want to get more than 3 dolls Dx; Spreading my attention between them all is somehow too taxing for me and I know I'd lose interest in the hobby if I went mad and ended up with 5 or so dollies ><;;

17. I have one full doll and a floating head, so i'm not too sure if i belong here or not xD
      The head is condemned to its box anyway, haven't seen it since it arrived xD (it was an event head)

Why do you only have/want one doll?
      Because I am not an adult and I had to beg to even get one in the first place! I am not allowed to spend my own money freely, which sucks.

Have you had the urge to buy another doll? How did you fight this urge?
      Yes. I've always wanted to have a collection, but I know i'm far too lazy to ever keep up with one. I think my one doll is good enough. That and lack of money....

18. i only have one boy, and i never really want another one.. and now, sadly, because of money problem i'd have to let him go, i hope he'd find a good owner. :( he's rare and i doubt i would ever find him again..

19. Why do you only have/want one doll? I've just gotten my first doll for Christmas this past year. I've been wanting one/stalking DoA to learn more for about a year before I pulled the trigger. I was really big into researching before spending the money... and now I have my Lati Green Lea!!!

Have you had the urge to buy another doll? How did you fight this urge?
      OH YES I HAVE HAD THE URGE!!! I already am budgeting to order and second, possibly in the summer of this year. So I guess I didn't really fight the urge... but I am cautious because I'm thinking of buying from a different company, and again... I want to do my research. But I guess the biggest reason I don't already have a bajillion is because of my bank account, lol.

Also, I wanted to meet more doll owners with one doll :XD:
      Nice to meet you! ^_^

This was a great thread idea... I often times feel like there's not as many of us out there, but I see I was wrong!!!

20. I only have one and I love it. My SD is an SE ElfDoll Red.
      I'm a student jobless and they're fun, with the one its easier to give time too and not worry about prices.