1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

FreakStyle Scylla Discussion Thread

Oct 4, 2016

1. This doll is freaking amazing! Those 10 who manage to snag them are gonna be some super lucky owners!

2. Oh man, I agree wholeheartedly there. I've seen your Scylla crop up on tumblr a couple of times and it's been a joy seeing your progress but I hadn't realized he was finally finished! Congratulations! Really digging his hands too, that webbing is amazing.

3. Oh man, finishing him took aaaages. I don't know how many times I kicked myself for wanting to make a doll with this many parts and so much detail XD. But then again, this is pretty common for me when I get to the polishing stage of doll-making, as it definitely isn't my favorite part of my job.

I'm glad to hear you notice his webbing. Everytime I take pictures, I'm not sure if it shows, or if they look like regular hands. Good to know the webbing does show :).

4. He is absolutely wonderful! I know I don't stand a chance but I am SO excited to start seeing owner pictures of him customized!

And @Silk I can only imagine what making those parts was like *_*

5. @Silk Do you know how long it actually took to make him? I don't remember when you started... Even though I can't afford him, I really like what you've done. As far as I know, there's nothing quite like him out there.

In some of the pictures it is hard to make out the webbing, I had to go back at one point to make sure that I did see them. But they'll probably be easier to see with some blushing.

6. @Animethemed: Everyone has a chance ;).

@Gorgonbones: I think it took me about two years to finish him. He's definitely been the most labor-intensive doll I made to date and that includes casting :sweat.

7. Double post, because I wanted to show you the face-ups of two of the three Scylla's available at LDoll. Third doll is currently in progress.

[​IMG]

8. @Silk I know this is a limited run, but is this going to be the only production of him?

9. @Gorgonbones: Yes, this is going to be the only production of him. I won't be releasing them all at the same time, to make sure that people who want him, but need to save up, will have a better chance. And of course, layaway is always possible.

10. Already said it on Tumblr, but I'm forever sad I probably never get to paint/airbrush one of those guys :pout:

He turned out really great though, and I'm curious to see him at LDoll.
      Sad there only will be so few of them, Nagas are so rare in the hobby and the amount of joints his tail has is just crazy!

11. @Ara: Awww, you may never know :). The main reason for me to cast so few is, so that production will be manageable for me. Due to my health, I have limited time: This way, I can make sure that I'm able to offer customers what I've promised (without delays), and still be able to produce new stuff.

12. bump bump buuuump!!!! LDoll happened, right? (Or maybe not. I'm out of the loop, here!) Any new pictures of these cool beasties? :D I'm so curious! I love snake dolls!