1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Doll FreakStyle Scylla: Naga/Mermaid Creature On LDoll

Oct 2, 2016

1. [​IMG]

EDIT
      I thought a discussion thread might be useful to avoid clogging up the thread :). FreakStyle Scylla Discussion Thread

/EDIT

On LDoll 2016, I will be introducing my newest project for sale. Scylla is a naga/mermaid creature, 60cm tall in total, but with tiny sized head, torso, arms and hands. The majority of his size is his tail. His body is made of 37 highly detailed pieces, and he wears 6mm eyes.

VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION
      Only 10 dolls will be sold in total, all will be made in a different color, giving you a Scylla, nobody else will own. The first three will be sold at LDoll for €1400. After that, they will be available through auction one at a time, so if you really want one, LDoll festival might be your best option!

PICTURES
      Below are prototype images. In the coming days/weeks I will update this thread to show you people the finished bjd's and colors available on LDoll.

EDIT: New picture of face-up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/EDIT

[​IMG]

~*~

[​IMG]

~*~

[​IMG]

~*~

[​IMG]

~*~

[​IMG]

Tumblr: FreakStyleBJD

Instagram: Frederieke Westerveld (@freakstylebjd) • Instagram photos and videos

#1 Silk, Oct 2, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    2. Wow! Absolutely amazing work! You mentioned that they will all be in different colors and only ten will be made. Do you have a list of the color options you plan on making?

3. @Meegethann: Right now, I only know the colors of the three dolls sold on LDoll. I do not have a fixed color-line, but mix colors to suit the needs of a particular project. When I release a new doll, I do show WIP pictures as soon as I'm able, so please check my instagram, facebook-page or tumblr page often :).

4. Thank you :D.

First doll, available at LDoll will be this purple Scylla I'm currently face-upping:

[​IMG]

5. WOW
      He's really interesting!
      Can he really stand on his own? Without Holder?

6. I thought a discussion thread might be useful to avoid clogging up the thread :). FreakStyle Scylla Discussion Thread

@chaliss: Thank you :D.

All pictures above are taken without a doll stand, or something to lean against. It takes a bit of getting used to. Since there are so many joints, the doll doesn't really have a central gravity point (like with normal dolls, where the hips are usually where you're able to balance your doll), so the parts tend to shift easily. The trick is to keep everything balanced with the tail. Just like a real snake would do :).

And since I'm typing this post anyway, here are two pictures of the first face-upped head:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]