1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrations with Buyers/Sellers who don't bother....

Jan 6, 2011

1. I dont expect people to always leave me feedback, some people just forget, and I know I do alot of the time. I welcome a push from people though if they would really like the feedback.
      I tend to always remember to leave feedback for dolls but its hard to keep track with things like doll clothes as I run a small company on Etsy and Ebay. People who buy from me generally know where to find my other feedback if they need it.
      Im going to go and leave some feedback now ;)

2. I will say as someone who takes pride in going above and beyond for buyers and as someone who is very thankful for the opportunity sellers give me; I am honestly hurt when someone doesn't leave me feedback. I take great pride in my reputation as not only a trustworthy person, but as someone who I hope people would think of as a pleasure to do business with, because I truly put all of my efforts into the business deals I do.

When someone doesn't leave me feedback I just end up repeatedly asking myself, "What did I do wrong in that transaction? Was my reply to their questions too slow? Were they dissatisfied with the item? Was my packaging of the item not sufficient enough to them? Did I take too long to ship the item? Are they in some way unhappy with this transaction and that is why they left no feedback?" then at that point I pretty much convince myself they must have been unhappy with the transaction and I then feel horrible that they don't ever tell me why. :( If you are happy or unhappy with a transaction, I would like to know. It seems only polite to me.

So far on DoA there has only been one person who I've done business with who hasn't left me feedback and that was very hurtful because I figured it was a good transaction (I spent 30 minutes packaging their $3 item just to make sure it was perfect, too). I must be wrong in thinking that because they never left feedback, even though I asked if they would in reply to the message they sent telling me the item had arrived. :...(

3. I gotta say, even when people ask me, sometimes I just straight up forget to leave feedback, especially for buyers. Seriously, I'm back and forth from the computer sort of all the time, so I'll get someone's PM saying they got an item or asking me to leave them feedback, but if I don't have time to go remind myself what they bought and leave quick feedback that instant it tends to fall by the wayside. I try to keep up with it but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

I'm happy for people I've transacted with to give me a little nudge if they want feedback from me and I'm being a slacker about it. There are some times I don't leave feedback because something was bothersome about the transaction in some way enough that I'm not comfortable leaving good feedback but not enough of a problem to leave negative feedback, but the vast majority of the time I just forget.

4. If it was a small transaction, I probably wouldn't bother chasing for feedback and I would still leave feedback for the other person if it was a positive experience. With a big transaction, like a full doll sale or trade, it is good to get feedback on those as it really builds your reputation and I will politely chase it in that instance. I wouldn't have a problem with someone politely chasing me if I had forgotten, for any size transaction if it was complete and successful :)

5. I'm more of a buyer than a seller in the MP and usually what I'll do is, when the item arrives, I'll check it, and if everything's okay, I'll leave feedback, then message the seller advising the item has arrived and I've left them feedback and asking if they'd please do the same. On two occasions I've received no feedback from the seller, even though there were no problems with the transaction, and I think that's just plain rude. Feedback should be part of the buying/selling process. No one expects paragraphs of praise, just a sentence is fine, and doable even if you're accessing your PMs from somewhere other than your computer.

Agreeing with those who say current feedback is important. It's nice to know that your past transactions have been great but what's more important to me if I'm thinking about doing business with you is knowing that your feedback continues to be good.

6. In reply to that example, You won't know, not 100% same as anything you buy from the net. BUT I have the same ebay username and email address as I do on DoA and have done for years, it's pretty likely to be me. If someone still didn't trust me after that they don't have to buy from me/sell to me/split with me. I've been on the forum 4 years if I were up to no good I would certainly have been caught by now. Also finding an account to match my name would take a LOT of effort (and coincidence)

Having said that, I think people are right to be wary but there can be an amount of paranoia when horror stories have been read. If it was really so terrible we wouldn't have a marketplace at all. Most of the people here are good people.

On ebay people can even put pictures in their profiles now, I could have a picture of myself and my dolls on it if someone was thought I was an imposter, everyone can see my dolls in the database and galleries, only the user can edit the profile settings and put pictures on an ebay account. That's the best proof I could give. I think if anyone has doubt about someone then don't buy, I wouldn't be offended if someone wouldn't buy from me, it's all up to the person and whether they feel comfortable.

The thread was never important to me as I rarely sell and buy SD items from anywhere other than companies and ebay.

Having read through the thread I'm surprised by how many people take it as a personal insult to not get feedback. I have asked people in the past if they want to me to leave it and people have said they don't mind either way, so I've not left it. I've decided in honor of all the people here I will start leaving feedback and get my own thread in future. :)
      Although I'm sure I remember reading somewhere items sold at meets or out of the market place can't have feedback left for them, there goes my feedback. :/ lol

7. For someone to not leave feedback after a transaction that went flawlessly does not get me upset, I just consider it as "oh well" Yes, I would like the positive feedback, but hey, life is short and while I once would feel slighted by the omission, I now feel it is not worth getting worked up over.

Robert

8. . I think its a polite thing to do if the transaction went well but if its not done then no biggy. I do leave feedback and I do ask for it but I don't push the issue if the other person forgets.

9. I do occassionally forget to leave feedback - especially as a seller, but I don't have a problem with a reminder - especially one that goes something like "I received the item you sold me and have left feedback, can you please leave me feedback too". As a buyer I try to always send a PM saying that I've received the item and to leave feedback at the same time. To me leaving feedback is like the final step in a transaction on a large site like DoA.

I also find that it helps having an easy link to a persons feedback thread in leaving feedback. I'm more likely to leave feedback if there is a link in the persons signature or profile than if I have to search for it.

10. I check feedback and problem transactions before I enter a purchase, so I feel feedback is very important. Unfortunately I have only a little feedback myself, though this is mostly because much of the things I have is purchased directly from the company. I stand by the previous comment that current feedback is just as important as a lot of feedback simply because it is possible that someone who used to be an excellent seller has stopped taking the same amount of care. Without someone bringing that up, nobody would ever know, and a lot of people could potentially lose a lot of money.

It's already been said, and I can't agree more, but this community is built around trust, and the only real way to gain that trust is through the feedback that is left, and the feedback you leave in kind. Though I can see where people take the stance of not leaving any if none was left for you, I'll always leave feedback anyway. Who knows, maybe the person will reply if you leave feedback for them.

My feedback also has an alternative useful function. It reminds me of people I've dealt with in the past, and should I want to buy from them again, it makes it easy to find them again.

11. I'm another one of those people where I do get a touch annoyed when, even after reminders, I still recieve no feedback for a transaction. I don't sell on ebay or anywhere else for that matter so I don't have a lot of outside sources to prove myslf a trustworthy seller and buyer. And because my sales and buys are few and far between here on DoA, every comment counts as much on the small items as well as on the large. I take great care in being a responsible seller here on DoA and I greatly appreciat it when I know the transaction went just as well for the other person as it did myself.

12. Well I am probably considered "new" to the MP so I don't have that much of a transaction yet so feedbacks are sort of important to me at the moment considering I am planning to sell some stuff in the future and I do need at least some sort of feedback to show that I am not some random dude or 'potential scammer'.

Currently I'm a buyer, so once I received an item I always make it a point to leave a feedback (especially if it is a new transaction with a new seller I've not bought from before). I had one seller not leaving me feedback even though I already left a nice feedback and notified him/her of it via pm and requesting them to leave me one (and I mean stuff alone the line like "I just got the item and have left you a feedback, and would appreciate if you could leave me a feedback too!" and not threaten or something).

I think returning a feedback is the polite thing to do, but normally, I'll just pm once and if the seller chose not to, then I won't pester them even though I'd always appreciate that extra feedback.

13. I'm not feeling frustrated about other people not leaving feedback to me. I think it's their decision and there must be something that they don't feel really satisfied about it. [hence why they don't leave me one]

Now that I've been doing a lot of transactions. It's a bit difficult to keep up so I leave the feedback once I receive one or whenever I received the goods.

14. I think leaving feedback for every transaction here is an obligation and duty we all have to help make the DOA marketplace a safe and reliable place to do business. Considering this is a free forum and there are no charges to list our items for sale, I think it is the least people can do to help let other forum members know who they should and should'nt deal with.

Personally, I think it is very irresponsible for people not to leave feedback for successful or not so successful transations they have had buying dolls and accessories that cost hundreds of dollars and I just don't get it when people here don't bother. What makes ebay a relatively safe place to buy and sell is their feedback system, and by leaving the appropriate feedback, people can help make this marketplace safer for us here as well.

And yes, it has happenned many times to me that I have sold dolls to people and never heard from them again. I have no idea if it arrived safely, but at least I know they arrived since I always get delivery confirmation as extra insurance and piece of mind for myself since I can't rely on people I do business with here to always be responsible and let me know the item has arrived safely or will give me credit for fullfillling my end of the transaction as promised by giving me feedback.

I also won't try and bug anyone to give me feedback. I will ask politely when I know the transaction was successful if the opportunity arises, but needless to say I never leave feedback for anyone until the item is either in my hands or I know it is in the buyers hands, and if the buyer never leaves me feedback, I don't leave them any either.

15. So far I've only completed one transaction with another user so far, but yeah the same situation happened to me too; although I would feel kinda rude to ask them to leave feedback for me (since I always do for others) ^_^;;
      It does feel a little frustrating since I'm fairly new, it doesn't give me the chance to build up an honest reputation (even though I know I'm honest, but others won't see it if I don't receive any feedback).

16. I just send a polite email to them (on Ebay anyway). It usually does the trick for me.

I do agree, however, that feedback should always be left. Even if it's something short.

17. I always hold off on feedback until items arrive to me or the buyer and I always include some hint about feedback that I feel won't been too intrusive. Like "I'm going to leave you feedback in a moment" when I recieve something. I've found this to be a pretty standard comment with almost everyone I've had transactions with. I also try to do it immediatly so I won't forget.

However if I don't recieve feedback (which has only happen a couple of times) it annoys me but I don't make any efforts to obtain it. Sometimes it just takes people a while, like I had someone leave me feedback a month after everything was delivered. If it happened more frequently to me I would probably be more bothered and would be active.

But that's my more passive personality. I agree with the points people have been making about the importance of giving feedback, and having current feedback. If someone doesn't have a lot of feedback I also check out how active they are on the forum, so I can see if it would matter to them if they were kicked off.

18. I'm another one who doesn't actively seek feedback if I haven't been left any. Sure it's a little annoying if I leave feedback and don't get any in return, but I'm not hugely active in the marketplace so it's not a key issue for me. I just get paranoid and wondering if I've done something wrong :sweat.

19. This!!

Happens all the time, it's sooo frustrating!! I usually just leave it be though, I'm to embarrassed and worried I'll get a negative comment for asking or something >__>

20. got a lot troublesome experiences xD
      I leave a feedback, but I sometimes forget it (sry)
      but I don`t get much back.....

I don`t trust anybody on the mp, because I don`t trust any strangers. (it is nothing personal)
      Trust comes when a transaction is succesfull completed (as an example, I trust my favourite face up artist)