1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funeral for a Doll

Oct 2, 2009

1. You know, we've had close calls too! like you, they were either caught before, or landed on something soft. only once or actually once each doll (we have two) have they fallen in the street. same street even. my elfdoll now has a miniscule chip on his arm from the pavement. and my daughter's souldoll luckily put up her arm and saved her face and didn't have a scratch on her. thank goodness!

2. OMG...she opened it up even! holy crap, that's just...wrong on so many different counts! i feel for you for having her as a neighbor, really!

3. Foxxian that is a horrible story. I've had similar stories happen to me living at my old apartment complex but they were just books getting lost. I don't know what I would do if it were a doll. That's a lie, I know exactly what I'd do and its not pretty. As for a doll funeral that may be a bit much for me but maybe a tribute post on my blog or something would be appropriate.

4. I've never had to worry about that with a doll (KNOCK on wood)

but one time my DZ Yemei mod, India, did suicide jump from the book case. When I left she was sitting on the arm of the doll couch like usual and when I came home she was face down in my floor. It's a distance of about 4ft. By far my biggest scare ever.

If anything was to happen where one of my dolls was f.u.b.a.r. i would either sell any salvagable parts ( so they can live on <3) or try to destoy the parts further especially in the case of crushing. I did something similar with bouquet of roses. I took all the dried petals put them in a plastic bag and crushed them into a powder. So I would end up with a jarful of resin bits.

At least that is how i think i might react; I hope that's a bridge i won't come upon.

5. How the hell does someone chuck something of such high quality down a compactor?!
      I am so sorry for your loss. >': I need to go read a happy story now.

6. When i first read the name of this threat,
      i thought...pffg thats silly.

But now i think about it...
      my Supia Milk is going bad really fast.
      To start when she arrived with a major flaw in her head/neck system.
      And her heads resin at the bottom where it rests on the neck is really thin.
      Also there are cracks appearing on her upper body and knees,

it looks like the resin has started to digest...
      Now when i told Supia about this when getting my Lina,
      they told me they changed their resin mix and head system for these reasons
      just around the time i orderd her.
      And they offered me a brand new Rosy,
      if they could have Milk back... [like a trade XB]

Thing is i couldn't.
      I don't think i can even buy a new Rosy for Milk if her current body ...dies..
      or even another mold/doll.

But this makes me wonder,
      if my rosy gets to a point where she is far far gone...
      What will i do?
      I think i will probably try find something like a glass box to put her in?
      To keep her from harm...

creepy thought i dont wanna think about

7. This reminds me the time a friend of mine took her Heliot or one of the other MD sooms dolls to a meet at a convention, and when she came back to the room with the dolls in it, someone had vandalized her heliot with black paint all over. They Only did this to her heliot, no other doll.

They never found out who did it but I'm pretty sure thats just as close to thinking your doll is completely too far gone or destroyed. :(

I think she got the paint off good enough but there are some stains.... T_T

and OMG Foxxian thats horrible.. Dx

8. I think my only problem with a "doll funeral" is that resin takes ages to rot doesn't it? So if i buried my doll (if he was broken) i'd probably have nightmares about him breaking out of the ground, putting himself abck together and coming to get me!

So...i think i'd keep him in his box, on a shelf. And maybe, if i got other dolls, have him as a "ghost" (lol a little pun there XP) around the house.

:...( but i don't want my doll to be broken!!!!!!

9. I'd cry if something happened to one of my dolls, and I don't cry easily. The characters for my dolls are molded around the actual doll, and maybe it's because the characters are so dependent on the particular doll, but I don't think I could bring myself to even buy another doll of the same sculpt if something completely destroyed one of them (if it was even possible, most of my crew are limiteds); it just wouldn't be the same.
      A funeral? Probably not literally. I'd put posts up on DA/FB/Whatever as a send-off though, and probably keep the piece/s in the doll's original box and store it somewhere.

Omg, that's just awful, but also a reminder not to leave your dolls (or other valuables) unmonitored by yourself or someone you trust ><

10. Oh, Foxxian, that's just terrible! I can't imagine what I'd do if something like that happened to my DOD girl. I'm pretty sure that no one can pick her up except for me though, since I'm on campus. O.o I have to have my ID and sign for it...
      But it's still so scary to think about!!! :...(

I always think about what I would do if there was ever a fire... I have several collections of things and I just don't know how I'd handle it. T.T In the end, yes, it's all just tangible objects, and I'd be MORE upset about my family getting injured (hopefully the wouldn't!), but it's still crushing. I almost cry every time I think about it. T.T
      I feel so terrible for that girl... I hope that some day she's able to find her love for this hobby again and return, though I know it'll be hard. :aheartbea

As for dollie funerals... I don't know, I can't imagine my dolls getting completely ruined. O.O Even major cracks can be repaired... Though I guess if they were shattered there wouldn't be much you could do.
      I think if I were to lose my dolls in a fire or something like that, I'd definitely have funerals for the ones I couldn't save (or who couldn't be repaired). I think that would help me a lot in learning to be a part of the hobby again, because like I said... I'd probably be totally crushed. T.T

11. That isnt exclusive to just campuses. Thats how it is supposed to be everywhere. You are supposed to show ID and sign for it. The guy didnt even ask for ID, and didnt even check the name to see if it matched the name on the box. He just let her sign for it and gave it to her, because she was a korean lady.

12. Actually, I think it would be incredibly interesting to find a buried doll.
      Especially since BJDs look either incredibly strange to some and incredibly beautiful to others.

Wouldn't you trip out if you dug up a little tiny coffin, only to find a very strange broken doll in it?
      Sounds like an interesting plot to me.

13. Foxxian, what a terrible story... I sympathize with you very much...

14. Wow, that sounds interesting indeed...

15. I had a dream the other night that I had a dog (I have never owned a dog) and that it died. I just threw the corpse in the garbage. I knew the soul/spirit was gone, and what was left was just rotting flesh. A grave would only be a place for me to focus my mourning/healing thoughts. But how would you know a doll spirit was gone? In the 'does a doll have a soul' thread I left a link about doll funerals in Japan. They sound really great. I would bring my doll to Japan for one of their funerals.
      http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0061015x1.html

16. I recently lost an MSD forever. A group of neighborhood kids stole his head and put dents in it and broke its ears apart...

I feel numb about it. I'm not sure how to feel.

17. I would do something to myself if one of my dolls got ruined i would probably starve myself..or not sleep for a month.or if someone done it too the doll....breake some bones of whoever.

18. FOXXIAN That is the sadest thing I have heard! It got me a little teary eyed. I am kind of worried about that same thing happening, I'm waiting for my doll, and one of my packages (luckilly just jewelry supplies) had been given to someone else in my neighborhood, however I never got anything out of it, no money or anything...but i am planning on tracking it and sitting out some lawn chairs in front until i see my baby come home! :P

19. Wow.. I would go to the parents of those children and show them how much a doll costs and demand they get together to give you the money back. Or call the police and report what happened. I wouldn't let them get away with it!

20. FOXXIAN, that is just too sad! I don't know how anyone could just throw something NOT THEIRS away like that, it makes no sense, and is also very rude. :/ I couldn't imagine if something like that happened to me.