1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funeral for a Doll

Oct 2, 2009

1. If they were so badly damaged that there was no hope for them I would probably salvage what I could for future art projects/memorial, but if part of it was okay I would probably keep it to make a new one, especially if it was the face. Even a leg piece can be useful later if it's still intact.

2. I am honestly getting emotional from the thought of breaking a doll.
      Not even thinking about the cost that went into the doll, but how much you loved him/her.
      I don't want to imagine such things!

But if she was broken, depending on the damage, I would still keep her, maybe try to create some sort of story, for example, if a leg was lost. I'm sure it would be hard to lose the doll completely.

3. Na, funerals are for people, if my doll was broken beyond repair I would re-shell it. You can do that with the dolls so it doesn't have to be a sad thing, not like losing a loved one.

I remember that Foxxian!
      I can't believe her excuse was that it scared her, it wasn't her package to open in the first place! It must be hard living near her after that happened.

4. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to have a funeral for them, but I get pretty emotionally attached to my things, so of course I'd be upset if my dolls were ever THAT damaged. I'd probably cry if nothing else.

5. I hope my doll never ever needs one.

6. Honestly I don't ever wanna think about one of my dolls being wrecked beyond repair...I think even though I don't have Arcani yet..The thought of losing him makes me wanna cry...I haven't even met my boy yet and I love him so much and the thought of him being ruined?

I don't think I'd be able to deal with it easily..Now if it was his body that was wrecked and I still had his head then I'd just buy a new RS MSD body and put his head on it and maybe use the old body pieces for practicing tattoo's and if all went well on THOSE I'd give his new form a rune or something to signify rebirth...But if it was his entire form and worse done by someone out of spite?

*shudder* I don't even wanna go there...Already mental images of him shattering are appearing in my head and I don't like it!

7. Same here. :(

8. Sad thread! My overactive imagination is now tormenting me with images of my pretty Tandrelim in distress. Some scar mods would be really pretty, but wouldn't match with his backstory. I may well have a funeral for a doll damaged beyond what I could repair or get repaired, but I wouldn't bury or throw them away. I'd likely send the pieces to a modder for scrap, like donating a body for science, but I might also send them to a modder with some money and a note that reads "Please make Franken-doll with these parts and send it back to me," or even buy random parts from other people's damaged dolls to make Franken-doll myself, because that's also something that I'd do.

9. If it was me I'd be putting up a WTB thread for parts in various skin colors to make a franken doll inspired by Cam from the Unwind trilogy...But that would only be worse case scenario...

10. Various skin colors would be awesome for a Frankendoll! Then I could paint stitches all over him and stuff!

11. If I had a doll and it broke, I'd probably be in despair, inconsolable. Yes, I'd be able to replace it and all, but I'd probably stop eating and become really listless, I grow attached easily, and I hate, absolutely hate, being separated from anything that I love, I guess it can be called abandonment issues, or separation anxiety? I wouldn't bury it, but I'd probably stow it away in a box and remove all reminders of it from myself, since if I did see any of the stuff after that event, I'd probably cry. Now if someone caused this damage on purpose, I'd demand compensation or declare legal recourse upon them.

12. Hmm, I can't see how my dolls would ever get damaged beyond repair - they live under a white blanket, then a big soft blanket on top so that if they ever get knocked off the cupboard then their fall is cushioned. The only things I can imagine happening are pet attack (not likely, they're not allowed in my room) or fire - and even then I'd try to salvage as much as possible and combine with new doll parts/repair mods. My mum's dog's tail set on fire recently and I instinctivley reached out and extinguished it with my hand. I'm not sure I'd do that for an inanimate object though!

13. Hmmmm, never broke one but have chipped a head or two. And being the anal person I am, I HAD to have a new head to replace the chipped one. But I still have the chipped ones too. Can't part with the it seems.

14. Just thinking about this makes me cringe. I cant even imagine. :(

15. ....all of this is so depressing and sad and these stories just make me cringe, really. It's terrible that there are even stories to tell related to this. All I could think of is suing the heck out of a lot of people in these situations...

I have absolutely no idea how something like this would happen to my doll and I hope the reality stays like that, but to be honest I'd probably go and offer a ridiculous amount of money to anyone on DoA who could repair him. Since my doll is my first and only, I don't think I can really replace him so I'd want him to be repaired even if it means a lot of pieces need to be put back together with epoxies and clays and lots of sanding and etc. (and money) is involved... (I don't think it helps a manga I read where I guy had a doll and when someone destroyed it, instead of leaving it be, he spent years mastering doll making so he was finally able to make his doll as good as new.)