1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funniest Reaction To Your Dolls

Nov 19, 2016

1. Today, I was telling my brother and his girlfriend about my plans for my bjd. Then I had to explain what they were, and this is how the conversation went:

Me: So you can change their clothes, make up, wig, eyes...I want to learn how to make all of those!
      Brother: You can change their eyes? o____o
      Me: yes, you can even turn them to the sides, so that they'll look good on pictures---
      Brother: then what is inside the head when there are no eyes?!
      Me: nothing really, you can open it from the back. The scalp is attached with some magne---
      Brother and his girlfriend: that is so creepy!

Their faces were hillarious!

2. First reaction for my sd-guy sitting on the couch: "What is this man doing here?"

3. I've had people mistake my bjd for an actual child before.

The last time I got one my mom was like "Wow, handsome! Is he gay?"

4. When I got my Mnf Moe I got the biggest chess for her, well my mom goes "they look like to big marbles on her I guess a man made her." I didn't know what to say to her after that.

5. This didn't happen to me, but to a friend of mine. A person was questioning my friends dolls and accusing them of being used for sexual stuff. Which left my friend very flustered and trying to explain that's not what they're for.

6. I was sitting on the train with one of my big SD guys (the one whose character is possessed by a demon hilariously enough), and there was this little kid sitting across from me who was fascinated by him. The kid's father distracted him for a little and I was able to move my doll into a different pose so that he was looking right at them. The kid turned around again and giggled and waved when he saw the doll was looking at him, but his father looked absolutely mortified that the doll had moved.
      Later that day as I was going home, there was a Korean family dressed in traditional clothing. The two little girls ran right up to me and started pointing excitedly at the doll while calling things out to their mum, who smiled and nodded at me. I'm guessing that perhaps she was a collector herself, or perhaps knew someone who also collects them.

7. I think the funniest/sweetest thing that happened recently was when I took my Aileendoll Seed to work with me once and my boss couldn't stop squeeing over her, I had my doll sitting in a small bowl and my boss later came and brought a cloth napkin to put in the bowl so, "Your dragon doesn't have to have a cold butt" :XD: It was even funnier since she chose a napkin that would match my Seed's colors, as she said.

8. Well, my husband is a big man-child. I mean, he'll go to work and work really hard, he plays the drums like a pro and takes such good care of our toddler.
      But something happens when I whip out my dolls! He just always loses it, laughing at their privates! "He-he, look at his junk! It's huge! Is he a baseball player harf-harf?!", "Just look at those melons! Why are they so big? Hahaha big titties lol."
      So yeah. :roll: I think there's an immature pre-teen in all of us.

Also the sweetest experience was when we were having a meet up in a small cafe and two older ladies came up to us and started asking a lot of questions about our dolls. They were so sweet and genuinely interested! :3nodding:

9. Most people just tell me that they're creepy, but my best friend got excited and immediately set them up so that they looked like they were slow dancing together.

10. My roommate came home while I was swapping out my first doll's eyes and freaked out, she thought I was doing an actual surgery for some reason? Headlessness and all.

11. hahaha That's what my mom said just to my phone lockscreen wallpaper of an anime character :XD:
      "Who are all these men???"
      "Mom, he's a fictional character..."

12. I got a Dollshe Saint last week, and he's still wigless and eyeless.
      My mom found that he looked a bit creepy like that, so she put a fluffy pink bear hat on him and made him hold a bunny plushie, and said: "See, now he has a good reason to look grumpy".

13. Imao!! These stories remind me the first time I made a birthday cake for my male OC, my dad was asking if he should know these men :XD:

14. Yesterday evening:

Me: "I don't really know how to name my doll..."
      My mom: "Call him Big Thing."
      Me: "Well, he's tall but -..."
      My mom: "Oh I was not talking about his height."
      Me: :doh

:XD:

15. When I was unboxing my first doll, my boyfriends mom wanted to see since she signed for the package.
      As soon as the box opened and I pulled her out, she was like "IT'S NAKED. WHY IS IT BALD?? WHERE ARE ITS EYES????" and rushed out of the room before I could even explain.

She still thinks my dolls are weird, even now that they're covered up, have eyes, and wigs. :U

16. When I had to take a public speaking class, I decided to do my demonstration presentation on BJDs. I brought one of my dolls in and was showing how to take the head off and change the eyes, but while I was doing so, being nervous, I fumbled the headcap and it skittered across the floor. There were gasps and everyone's eyes were like :aeyepop: The headcap was fine and I just picked it up and went about like nothing happened but man, their faces :XD:

17. I always talk about how I torment my poor sister with my dolls. Most of the time when I find something cute she finds it awkward or creepy, especially if it's a doll. Therefore my new hobby is to send her strange pics of my dolls with captions like "no dreams, only nightmares" or "misery will be endless" and her reaction is always priceless :lol: One time I heard my mom on the phone shout "Josie, your sister is telling me to tell you to stop sending her creepy pictures! "

Here's an example of what I send her (she replied to this picture "THAT'S SO CREEPY PLEASE STOP WITH YOUR DOLLS! "

[​IMG]

18. I have a nude, headless Granado Embody lazing around the living room while I do his head and make many, many, many adjustments on his ill-fitting jeans. He's laying face-down on the couch when my mom goes to pick him up, and in a split second I think to say:

"Watch out, he's got junk!"

And when she turns him over, she shrieks theatrically, because in my household, it's my mom who makes the lame jokes. I have fun parents.

(In case you don't know, the Embody package is, uh. Well, I'm not super familiar with BJD wing-wang, but it seems... generous.)

19. The first time I took my Lydia (Doll Chateau Stacy) out in public, a family saw her. The mother pointed at myself and my doll and said to her 6-8 year old son, while the dad just smiled;
      "Kyk! Dis 'n baba poptjie!" Which translates to, "Look! It's a baby dolly!" It made more sense in Afrikaans, since she understood it as one of those creepy dolls that are babies (like Babyborn) that people give to 5 year old girls. i find the entire concept creepy, giving a baby doll to a child?

But yeah, it was hilarious. Everyone (who knew nothing about BJDs) else could see she looks nothing like those dolls!

Edit: This is now my favourite thread.

#39 A_Grand_Leaf, Apr 7, 2017
      Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    20. What’s a funny reaction you got from showing someone your doll? Or describing them?

For example: I had just received my Minifee Chloe and I hadn’t bought her any clothes yet so she was completely nude. I went to show my best friend, who knows nothing about the hobby. Her first instinct was to poke Chloe’s chest XD

I thought this idea could be pretty interesting! Lol