1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funniest Reaction To Your Dolls

Nov 19, 2016

1. That is quite the reaction!

I just received my Bobobie Apollo. I showed the pictures to my fiancee whose first reaction was to point out how pointy his nipples are XD

2. When I first showed one of my friend's my Leekeworld Daisy, she thought she was an alien because of the head size. I had her help me with posing my doll for pictures since that doll isn't a good poser. Another one of my friend's thinks my dolls are creepy, so I surprise him with pics any chance I get just to annoy him, hehe. :wiggle

3. When I first received my bjd head, I showed it to my younger siblings and my youngest brother (12 y.o) gots scared and jumped back from the sight of it lol probably an uncanny valley kind of thing for him :lol:

4. The only funny reactions I get is when people find out my boy has genitalia. It's funny to flash him to my friends. He doesn't mind, he likes showing off (He's a bit of a narcissist).

5. Once I had a doll arrive before any of her clothes arrived. My dad made her a "dress" out of a paper towel and string so she wouldn't be indecent. It looked very much like Ariel's sail and rope "dress" in The Little Mermaid. XD

6. This was when I got one of my first male dolls which was a Soom. My mom was curious if they really have bits and he didn't have clothes yet but he had a piece of fabric wrapped around his waist. My mom just pulled the fabric up a bit and then immitiatly let go of it and looked at me like: .... you are gonna make him some pants, right..? xD

7. One time my cousin came over when I was in the middle of looking for one of my girls elastic strings to restring her. She calmly backed out of the room and called out "WHY IS THERE A DOLL MURDER SCENE IN YOUR ROOM" :lol: Luckily after explaining how restringing works she was more curious than anything

8. When my boss saw a photo of my elf doll and asked if it was 'Dobby' from Harry Potter!

9. I usually travel with my favourite doll in my hand.
      Sometimes i just go to the town somewhere to walk and take him with me.

1. story:

An old lady around 90+ years old and her son saw me in the bus stop. I had my SD girl in full rococo set in my hand and i was waiting a friend. The old lady didn~t want to go into the bus becouse she wanted to see königin Elisabeth (Sissi).
      she was against her son and he was looking at me with hound-eyes and looks like he don't know what to do.
      Fortunately the bus had red lamp. I gone there to let her to see or touch "Sissi". She watched my doll and finally relayed and collaborated with her son and go into the bus. After some minutes the bus got green lamp and gone away but the old lady's face were priceless. She was really enchanted. :D

2. story:

I usually take one of my dolls to work, it is an open-office. One year ago my boss desk was next from me. She was very scared and scream.
      She asked me to turn my doll face away and don't leave her alone with the doll.
      Nobody know that before, she has doll phobia. So i take my doll in the office only when she is out of office. (She knows that and she agree with this option.)

3. story on a train:

random person: -Ohh very beautiful. Is it a woodoo doll with dark magic?
      me: ....uhm...... no.. i use only white magic as well.
      (random person gone away)

4. story on a train:

I traveled with my Resinsoul Yi dark elf boy in a wizard fullset (i used lilac glass stones and golden coloured ribbons on the set)

random rude person: Hey baby that looks an expensive thing. Have you got money for me?
      me. Unfortunately i can not give you money, i have only a card.
      random rude person: okay, Is she the Pagan Madonna?
      me: ... uhm.. no..
      random rude person: But then why is she grey? Almost black one!
      There standed a black man near by me and he started to watching the random person, so my answer was only this:
      -have you got any problem with the black persons? (And the big black man still stared at the rude person)
      Random rude person gone away very very fast. Ohh i loved this situation as well! :D XD

10. So before I got any of my MSD girls home, I only had Avalon my Resinsoul Song as my sole MSD. So when I was waiting on my first MSD girl, Kazumi to come home I was trying to make her clothes...

So.... I used Avalon as my model. My mom knocked on my door for something or another and saw me trying it on him. She said and I quote:

"I always knew you'd do this to him."

I was confused and then looked at the doll and back to my mom. "Wait what do you mean?"

"I KNEW IT!" She cackled walking out of the room.

To be fair I've done worse things to Avalon then that. There've been a lot of... Embarrassing pictures that I'm pleased photobucket ate.

My mom also did NOT like Kazumi's name when I got her home. I was originally going to name her Akane but it just wasn't fitting so I looked up names and Kazumi stuck out to me. It fit her.

"But I'm never gonna remember how to pronounce it!"

She gave Kazumi a nickname for it. She calls her Kazuzu or Zuzu. I think it's cute.

11. Out of my friend group, I'm the only one with any "nerdy" hobbies. My friends knew I collected dolls, but I think they all figured I meant those old-school porcelain dolls until seeing them in my room for the first time. I think the best first reaction I've seen yet has been one of my friends saying something along the lines of, "This is so cute! Can I take a selfie with it?"

12. When I was relatively new to the hobby I visited Think Pink (which then still had a store) with a friend, and I had brought some dolls that needed wigs and shoes...
      Anyway, while we were there, a delivery man came in with a ton of dolls, and while the owner was signing papers he looked around sort of puzzled, then looked at us (two adults with a bunch of dolls) and at the displays. And then the following exchanged happened:
      Me: "So, what do you think of all of this?"
      He: "Well, to be frank, it's not really my..." (spots my red skin 5StarDoll Aiden on the table in front of me) "...OMG, it's a baby Hellboy!! That's so cool! Is he yours? Are you here to buy clothes for him?"

13. Once in a restaurant the hostess really liked my doll. She called Icarus a 'she' so I corrected her and said he was a 'boy' and she was all "wait, like... with parts?" So I explained, yeah, they're anatomic and she HAD to see it and then, cackling, called over like three waitresses so they could all see it, too. Poor Icarus.

And one time, after I'd had Icarus for a while, I got a panicked phone call from my husband while I was at work. He was a little drunk and had bumped my doll. Apparently the joint on his ankle was a little shallow and the string popped out of the hook, so his whole leg just fell right off. Hubby was practically in tears cause he couldn't get his leg back on.

And I once had a pretty funny reaction. Two friends surprised me with a doll I'd been wanting as a gift. What I didn't know was that this was one of those companies with... swappable parts... I picked up the bag and we all just freaking lost it, laughing hysterically.

14. My friend was spending time with her boyfriend at my place. He saw my Soul Doll Liddell sitting on my bed and he looked... well, not happy. 8D He said he's scared of dolls and kept avoiding her. Later he noticed the box the doll came in.

He: "....Is the doll's name Soul Doll?"
      Me: "That's the name of the doll company."
      He: "....That doesn't help at all!!"

I wasn't offended, I know people are scared of different things, so I just laughed. :) Maybe he'll get desensitized if I have my doll out every time they are visiting me.

15. My husband says: don’t show me eyes if they are not on a face:lol:

16. The funniest reaction I’ve had to my dolls were definitely some distant relatives falling in love with my dolls when they came for a visit.

It was a few years ago when I first got my dolls and some cousins had decided to visit for the first time since ever. They instantly wanted to talk about the dolls as soon as they saw them and had an endless amount of questions about them. They were so enamoured with them that they took out their professional cameras for bird watching to take some photos of the dools in the living room, LOL!

17. My S.O. is usually curious once somebody is all put together and all set to go. I can never find them whenever somebody is in pieces all over the dining table. Zoom, Poof! Gone! Must be a magician.

18. Once i put my doll up next to the fish tank at the zoo for a pic with the stingray that was sitting there… and it just started flapping like crazy, spilling water out of the tank!!! I pulled my doll back quickly and everyone stared at me ;_; and someone there said my doll was DEFINITELY haunted:...(

19. When I got my first bjd I was really excited and started sending all sorts of photos to my boyfriend.

Later when we were spending time together he tells me "That doll has a nice butt" in the most nonchalant tone of voice possible.

20. Once I went to take a photos of my doll in the park. One madame said me about my doll"wow! She is so beautiful girl!"
      My doll was brutal man with beard, but with a long hair