1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny BJD Stories?

Aug 17, 2018

1. I was bring one of my new at the time boys to show a doll friend. We met up in a Tim Horton's as the visit was going to be short-ish due to our schedules and the time that we were meeting (roughly 8:30pm & I had a 1.5 hour train ride after that to get home). So I take Liroshan (Granado 53cm Lucifer in Syringa) out of my bag in this crowded coffee shop and we're talking dolls and she's playing around with his joints. We're getting some stares at this point but neither of us cares.

Then I pull out the small bag of "option parts" that I got with him and hand them to her saying, "Here's his bag of dicks." Of course, that's the exact moment when there was a lull in the noise of the place. There were some very confused stares that only worsened when I opened the bag and dumped out his parts so she could see them. We still didn't care about the stares and thought it was funny to see the confused/horrified looks of the other people immediately around us.

2. I was at my favorite fabric store, I had just gotten my doll Kazumi so I didn't have much for her in terms of girls clothes. (I only really had a rough made dress for her out of some spare fabric) and had her seated in the shopping cart, while I was laying out my fabric bolts. A woman was passing by and stopped asking: "Is that a doll?" and we got to talking. It turns out she was thinking of getting a BJD or sculping one herself but hadn't seen one in person before, so I offered her a chance to hold her. It was honestly, the sweetest thing she was holding Kazumi like she was a newborn and I showed her how her joints worked. It was honestly the timing of it that I thought was funny, just what were the odds that while I was shopping for fabric to sew for my BJD that I'd find another BJD fan like that?

3. Yeah,
      I have always wondered why most SD17 BJDs have jointed Dicks? who knows.
      Great story BTW

4. As I was rewigging a doll, my husband reiterated how creepy he finds my BJDs. That was when her face fell off.

5. Funny Bjd stories? Ok
      once I was sewing some pants for my SD boy and lets just say the pattern was a bit small and they did not fit over his butt.

6. My boyfriend usually messes with my wigs by “wearing” them on his hand like hand puppets lol! then he pretends that the hand with the wig is the bride and his other hand is the groom and makes them kiss

7. Ah, I've got another one!
      My newest doll Perseus is on a TD body which happens to have 5 detachable.... men bits, let's call them that. (WHY WOULD THEY NEED FIVE OF THEM ANYWAY)
      When I was browsing the secondhand market page for details, my mum was also standing behind me to check it out - she is interested in them as well.
      It just happens that the word to describe the men bits is a bit vague ( a euphemism I guess), so she asked me what it was, while pointing to the picture of the clear bag that holds the five men parts. I had no choice but to tell her what they are, but we had a good laugh afterwards! XD
      Bonus #1 the previous owner said she once had a buyer mistaking the men bits as horns, and attached them to her doll's head using eye putty.....!!!! °A°
      Bonus #2 My dad suggests that we use the detachable men bits as fridge magnets. I know, we are a weird family! XD

8. Very funny story thanks for sharing!

9. There was a time where I was changing my doll's clothes and I had him propped against my dresser cause I was lazy. All of a sudden, his torso flew down (from the imbalance) and his hands were up in the air which made it so that one of his hands hit me in the face (my eyeball specifically). When I had propped him back up, I don't know what was wrong, but he looked like he had a satisfied smirk on his face?! I just laughed it off and I still remember that incident (I don't really know if that story is really funny though). Also, I sometimes put my doll's eyes on in different directions so they purposefully look walleyed and I usually have a good laugh about it. :lol:

10. One evening I was talking with my husband about my bjd, and she was sitting up and had shifted a little due to gravity sitting on the back of a stuffed animal that is temporarily being used as her bed. I turned to look at her and she was staring right at me! Hahaha

11. I don't have very many funny bjd stories, but there was this one time when I showed my mom my Leeke Mihael and she said that he looked like a miserable teenager! Now I can't stop thinking of that and laugh at him while he frowns at me! He's been sent to a face up artist again so I can't make fun of him right now!

12. 73cm boy fell face-first towards me. I was in bed and surrounded by pillows so I didn't think much of it, just let him land on me/the bed. A day later I spot this weird 2mm blueblack in a corner of the top of my foot and it didn't connect... until 2 days later when it dawned that it was where his nose landed.

13. This was years ago now, but my father used to love taking trips around the western US, and I decided to go with my folks on one of their last ones (neither of them want to drive long distance anymore). Of course I took Rin along because he's a spoiled brat. I didn't put him in a bag or anything, just carried him around on top of my pillow (I have allergies).
      My parents both get a bit of a kick out of my hobby, and my father could see Rin in the rearview mirror where I'd set him up on the pillow, so he kept making jokes like, "can he see okay back there?"
      So, one morning as we hurried out to the van, I kind of tripped and had to shift Rin quickly to make sure I didn't drop him. It wasn't until after we were some ways down the road that I realized he wasn't wearing his new glasses anymore. I figured they'd been knocked off in the parking lot, and while it was annoying, they were cheap and could easily be replaced.
      That night my mother knocked on my motel room door and said, "you won't believe what I found in the [van's] waste-basket."
      Sure enough, it was Rin's glasses. So apparently he was being a typical moody tween who got glasses for the first time and didn't want to wear them, so he tried to throw them away. :lol:

14. One of my favorites is around the time I got my first doll. I was at work (late shift) and my husband called me, faintly buzzed and just freaking the heck out.

Apparently, my Luts Ani had a somewhat shallow ankle hook (since fixed) so when my husband bumped him, his foot came off the string. Naturally, his whole leg went with it.

So my husband calls me, practically in tears because he 'broke' my doll and can't get the string back in. He felt soooo bad but I was just laughing. Told him to set Icarus down and I'd fix it later.

More recently, I was gifted a DragonDoll Upsilon. I was not aware that they came with uh... swappable magnetic bits. There was a lot of laughter after I discovered that.

15. I love the Bag of Genitalia. Was telling a couple of my friends that if they didnt want the parts I would make them into wearable accessories.

16. When I had just gotten into the hobby back in high school, my dad and I shared his garage workshop for his home improvement work and my dolls. I had been working on blushing a chest piece and some hands and thought nothing of leaving them out there to dry overnight while I got some sleep. The next morning, the first thing my dad says to me:

"Why are there disembodied titties in my shop?"

17. I get you!~

I'm asian and we have a 7th lunar month tradition where we believe the boundaries thin and spirits roam then. So while unboxing my friends kept commenting on the disembodied body parts scattered round :XD:

18. I love how much man bit stories are here xD definitely love them!

Not that funny as others but when the postman came to me everytime he has a package for me with the question "Is it a human again or just something for them to wear... because you never buy clothes for yourself, my dear."

19. Recently I received my first Dollshe doll. My stepmom wanted to see what he looked like, so I pulled him out of his box. He had a cup on instead of a dick and so my stepmom asked: "Oh, is it a gender-neutral doll?" to which I proceeded to pull out the bag that contained his parts and was like "Nope, here's his dick!".

20. I lost a doll head in my room. I thought for 2 months that I might have accidentally thrown it away somehow. 2 months of periodic searching, I find it next to my garbage can. I SWEAR I looked and didn’t find it there in my initial search xD. During the search party, I thought it was hilarious that there was a doll head floating around my room lollll.