1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny BJD Stories?

Aug 17, 2018

1. Chaeri lost her hand last week. Just fell right off one night and I didn't notice it missing till the next day. My entire household started playing "hunt the hand" and it took us all day to find it (in a place we had all looked at least once). The funny part is that Chaeri was sitting on a shelf right above where we found it (I had placed her there during the search) but that wasn't where she'd lost it.

2. I took an older MSD sized doll to a comic convention and at one booth I wanted to pick up something (over forgotten what) but there wasn't a good place to set my doll and I didn't have a bag. So I slung him over my shoulder like a fireman carry, and after a few minutes soom poor person tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at the ground "um, is that half your dolls head?" Turns out his head cap magnets are very weak :XD:

3. Once I was on the bus to university at the time I was on the phone talking about dolls to my mom. As I was getting off the bus I noticed the girl two seats in front of me had a BJD in her bag!!

4. I have a new and really funny story to share. I apologize if this is too inappropriate, but it involves male body parts. If it is too much then you can delete this.

So I bought a male Fdoll body for my floating Mihael head and I was so excited for it to arrive! This is my first male doll and I already knew that he is anatomically correct. I let my mom know that it was going to arrive that day. As I am opening the box and carefully removing the bubble wrap from the body, my mom asks me.

:Mom: "He doesn't have a weenie does he?"
      :Me: "He does!"
      :Mom: "He does NOT!" .."Let me see!"
      :Me: Removing the rest of the bubble wrap and brings him to my mom
      :Mom: *Gasps* "Why does he have that?"
      :Me: "He's a man."
      :Mom: "I've never seen a doll with this?" "Why would they put that on him?"
      :Me: "He's anatomically correct." "He's supposed to look realistic."
      :Mom: "If he's supposed to be realistic then where are his balls?"
      :Me: "I don't know." "I guess they wouldn't fit in his pants if they made them."
      :Mom: "Does your girl doll have a hole for him to put his _ in?"
      :Me: "NO!" "That's not what I bought these dolls for!"
      :Mom: "Do they make dolls like these with well "excited male parts?" (not exactly the way she said that, but I'm trying to word this in a less dirty way)
      :Me: "I think they actually do."
      :Mom: "Who would want that?"
      :Me: "Not me."
      After I put the head on his body and dressed him. My mom said that he looks sexy...

5. I had my boy Mikami with me, he was on a Luts SSDF body with slidey hands at that time of the incident... i had him with me out for photos and to show coworkers as they asked me they they looked like. so i had him out and was carrying him outside... it was cold with snow on the ground. i wwas walking and looked down. his hand was missing... so i was like.. oh no!!! but with some swears in there too lol. so i retraced my steps and found the hand on the ground. so lucky that i did find it, but after that i ordered some milliput stuff to make it a bit more secure than it was since it was sorta prone to fall off anyways.

scary times... lol. i look back and think now... why didnt i carry him in a bag... wouldnt that have been smart... i even probably had one with me... Scary at the time, funny now since it could have been prevented too.

#45 onee-chan-taichou, Dec 3, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    6. So my one doll, Elizabeth, has a very realistic looking skeleton head (Jungatoy D.skull). She has a wig, eyes, and wears cute clothes-- but some people still find her a little unsettling because of her head.

Well one time I left her sitting out on the dinningroom table at my parents house for an hour or two while I was at the store. By the time I came home she was all over facebook-- apparently my brother and his friends saw her and bugged out, taking pictures and doing that zoom-in meme to her. I laughed pretty hard, not gonna lie.

7. When I was restringing my volks doll my boyfriend came in the room and stared at the doll and then at me and say "why does your doll have a you know what lol" I died :mwahaha

8. It happens frequently that I hold my doll and show it to someone. And they are naturally a little creeped out. Then I often mindlessly just want to show how cool they are about their changeable eyes and wigs, so I focus on the doll, slip the wig fast, open the head and dig out the eyes. And then I hear an 'oh...' and the look on every person's face is priceless... And I start to remember it's a "creepy horror show" and not a "basic maintenance procedure" and apologise the poor friend/guest ;)

9. When my Telesthesia Zhe Bie came, I was unboxing him with my mother and I pulled out a translucent bag not really knowing what it was. On opening, I realized it was a bag of man sized and shaped bits of male anatomy that each had a magnet on them for attaching to the doll. I did not know he was going to come with those and quickly just hid the bag before my mother could find it.

Later, I had been asked about the bag and so took it to a doll meet. There, after completely forgetting about it, I was showing the doll to the other people there while we were all discussing the new dolls we had bought recently and the bag just feel out of my pocket and onto the floor, all pieces in full view of everyone.

10. glad there is a section for this

Agent : Sir we have to open the package standard procedure hope you don't mind
      Me : sure thing just be careful the d*** might fell off
      Agent : I'm confused
      Me : (being naive as I am) these (while flashing a plastic full of detachable JJ for BJD)
      Agent : Oh my.... the little man comes with d*** (she proceeds on calling all the staff and they are all giggling)
      Me : ok.... can we finish the packaging before he screams harassment on us?

another thing with a different carrier

Agent : Sir what's inside?
      Me : its a resin doll kit
      Agent : Is it a religious statue
      Me : no he isn't and he is nude
      Agent : Wait the religious statue is nude? who make such thing
      Me : again he isn't religious thing and he is a doll
      Agent : ah barbie
      Me : *sigh* please just continue the inspection
      Agent : *inspecting* definitely not religious and not barbie
      (this part is a bit awkward and all silent... fast forward few days after, I went back to the carrier to collect some things with the same agent)
      Agent : Here is your package sir
      Me : Thank you
      Agent : Uhm sir... This is a bit personal do you remember your last sent package?
      Me : Yeah why?
      Agent : Uhm can you help me on some information about it... I'm interested on availing one
      Me : (with the widest grin on my face and continued to giving him some info about BJD heck I can be recruiter :dance)

With my partner

Partner : Why does he have this d***
      Me : It's part of the sculpt that makes BJD anatomically correct
      Partner : So... the lady that will come will have V******* too?
      Me : yes
      Partner : So... his thing will go inside her thing?
      Me : seriously?

Last halloween this happened

Me : (after doing all the craft for my bjds halloween theme picture) Babe look at him isn't he cute
      Partner : You made all of that?
      Me : Yes
      Partner : Are you done with your pictures?
      Me : Yes
      Partner : Both of you did great now can you remove all of those (referring to the halloween mask and clothes I made for my bjd)
      Me : Tomorrow I will let's sleep now
      (mind you my BJD is at the side table of the bed on my partner side and I turned off the lights. After some minutes light turned on)
      Me : What happen?
      Partner : Can you please remove his costume he is cute and all but he looks intimidating I can't sleep what if he came to life tonight?
      Me : *burst out laughing* don't worry he won't bite you
      I decided to remove his halloween costume as my partner become infuriated with my tease

11. Mine relate to purchasing lucky bags one for a wig and the other for clothes that really, really don't fit the macho elf sculpt...

1. The lucky bag wig was a short, pink, bowl cut :ablink:
      [​IMG]

2. I feel the lack of pants really completes the look.
      [​IMG]

12. I have a few stories, all from quite a while ago.

My first doll came with a slight casting flaw to her elbow, causing it to snap and her arm to fold very easily. This would happen spontateously sometimes and just as it happens, that would usually place her hand in the vicinitly of her face.
      One time a friend was over and had just made a joke and the dolls arm snapps and makes her hold her hand over her mouth, as if she was laughing! :XD:

On more than one occation the hand would end up in a position as if the doll was picking her nose. I would leave her posed on her shelf, look away for a minute and when I looked back, there she was, doing it again. :roll:

The elbow was a very easy fix once I took her apart and looked att the joint, but sometimes I miss that behavior, it was funny.

I have another story, with the same friend as before.
      My friend had sat one of their dolls on the edge of a table. This doll was pretty loosely strung and usually needed a bit of supervision when posing, as it did tend to slip and fall, but sitting seemed safe.
      Not so. I had just time to notice the doll shifting and not even had time to say something when my friend somehow teleports from the other side of the room and catch the doll halfway to the floor! Never underestimate doll owner reflexes. :lol: