1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Conversations with Friends/Family

Jul 24, 2011

1. I recently got my first really big boy (Megagem) and my mom was visiting. She had seen most of my dolls before, and is actually very supportive of my hobby, so I had to show her my new Megagem in all his glory. When I pulled his pants down (to show her the fur, but also the "improved" size) her response was priceless.

"Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!"

And then, she proceeded to tell me that when I painted his fur, I should add a trail going to his belly button, and that it would be extremely sexy. My mom is so full of win.

2. While talking to my mom about how I'll be ordering eyes for a couple of my dolls soon, I showed her my floating head whom I'd just put his 'proper' eyes in.

Me: "Doesn't he look good with these eyes?"
      Mom: "Yes, he does. I'm not so sure about the hair clips though. He's a guy. He's the closest looking thing to a guy you have, you know."

3. Riding in the car after picking up Alexander and my friend Matt was messing with him

Matt: "Wow, he can move so much better now- OMG his head jerked down :o!"
      Dad: "lol your doll Derped"
      Matt: "hehe Alexander Derped... ALEXANDERP!"
      Me: :doh

and then my dad and Matt continued to keep saying Alexanderp xD

4. and you just know that 50% of the time they are gonna call him that XD (i have had family do that to people)

5. This one just happened to me. My sister is still an unbeliever and she doesn't really understand the obsession (the poor soul) So i'm on the laptop, looking at dolls. Since i'm from, like America, I don't know the metric system too well and my brain isn't oriented for cm yet. I was looking at Doll-Love's Knox and my cousin who i've gotten hooked onto dolls had mentioned that he was a big doll. I didn't understand how big 60 cm is until i got out a ruler and checked. when i did, i was shocked. I showed my sister the size and she goes "Wow, that's an interesting size." I replied, "Yup. And I love em!" So she says, "Then why don't you marry him?" (What a typical little sister. Mind you she's only a few years younger than me XD) I answered, "You know, i will!" And so her response is, "Those'll be some unusual babies!!"

I just sat there and laughed.

6. I had to laugh at that

7. I'm a teen male, so the first time I told my mom that I was getting a doll for three hundred dollars, she was laughed. I insisted, and she smiled and said "Okay."

Eventually, I started saving up for it, and she kept saying that there was no way I'd ever get one, but I retaliated with it's my money. The conversation went as follows:

Mom: "You're spending a hundred dollars-..."
      Me: "Three hundred."
      Mom: "Three hundred dollars on a bendable-..."
      Me: "Ball-jointed."
      Mom: "What does that even mean!?"
      Me: "It means it's jointed with dolls."
      Mom: "Oh that's perfectly reasonable."

I pressed on that she was being sarcastic, and yet she denied it. And instead of a car for my birthday, she's paying for any expenses on my first doll.

IT WILL BE AMAZING:D

8. Okay so I was talking to my dad about BJDs yesterday and how I was planning on getting one and if he would use that as my Christmas gift in combination with my saved money.
      He continued to tell me that it was a waste of money so this is how it went:

Dad: You want some very very very expensive doll?
      Me: Mhmm.
      Dad: Its just so WEIRD.
      Me: SO? Kathy doesnt think so!
      Kathy (step mom): People have their hobbies.
      Me: Yeah really Daddy! You collect FISH. It took you 300$ to but the aquarium and a good 20$ in food every month. you. can. say. nothing.

He shut up.

9. Clazziquai Yeah my Dad is exactly the same when it comes to dolls, and my friends think they're going to kill me at night... :|

So here is my little story.

Me: So Dad, you know how you said I could have whatever I wanted for Christmas?
      Dad: Yes...
      Me:Well can I have another two dolls?
      Dad: WHAT!? YOU WANT TWO!?
      Me: Please?
      Dad: So how much is this going to cost me?
      Me: I dunno £200- £300 without shipping.
      Dad: No then. It is far too expensive for some dolls.
      Me: Dad last week you got a air rifle for £600. On an impulse buy I might add.
      Dad: o.o Fine then...
      Me: Haha your face. Thanks Daddy!

I am getting a Doll-love SD and Yo-SD for christas btw

10. This just happened today. Me and mom were driving home from a photoshoot with my newly arrived girl which I had in my lap, and this happens:

*car hits a bump in the road*
      Mom - *in worried voice* Oh, did that scare you Mathilda? (name of my girl)
      Me - I think so, her head jerked down!

Also from the photoshoot itself:

Me - She was standing just fine a few seconds ago, now she refuses to! Look, she just bent forward again!
      Mom - She doesn't like it, it's too cold, she wants to go home.

My mom is awesome :lol:

11. this is really really sweet, keep them coming!

mine aren't that interesting, just that my boyfriend's eyes almost fell out when i took out Gemma (CH ange ai gaby) 's eyes. hahaha!

12. I've only had my first doll for a week, so I haven't had much opportunity for hilarity, but I do have one.

Me: *rambling with excitement that my doll is finally here*
      Dad: That's cool. You will have to bring her over next weekend so we can play with her.
      Me: :o ...okay!

Bear in mind my dad is a 61 year old man. XD I am sure I'll get some more gems when I take her over there.

13. I got a couple of new ones... I showed Cookie to my dad for the first time today, and I think he was impressed by her. He was saying how she has such a pretty face, and I was showing him how you can pose her, and her joints and such... and he asked if he could hold her, so I handed her over.

He was fiddling with her, and all of a sudden he goes, "Hold on, I'm going to pose her sexy!" He put one hand on her hip and the other on her head, and I was trying to contain my laughter. XD All of a sudden her torso joint snapped into a different position (thanks to her tight elastic), and she kind of curled in on herself. He chuckled and got all embarrassed and said, "Oh, I can't do it" and handed her back to me.

Also... when I first took her out of her box and showed her to him... this happened. Please note, my dad is color blind. XD

Dad:
      Oh... wait, her eyes are different colors, aren't they? I can tell.
      Me:
      Yes.
      Dad:
      I see... *looks her over some more* She's pretty, but I don't like the different colored eyes. They make her look creepy.

He also complained about how short her skirt is. He said I should get her some less revealing clothing. I told him it's because her sculpt is a little taller and has a bigger butt than the doll from the company the clothing was made for, and so then I had to show him.

Dad: Let's see.
      Me:
      *pulling down her skirt and underwear* See? She has a bubble butt!
      Dad: OMG she does. *clearly didn't believe it* I guess Koreans like big butts!

14. Mum gave me this gem when Elphaba came home:

Mum: Why is she green?
      Me: Because she's the Wicked Witch of the West, and what colour is the Wicked Witch of the West?
      Mum: I don't know. Green, I suppose. As long as you're happy with her.
      Me: I am, but she's a bit creepy without her face-up, I'll have to do that first thing tomorrow.
      Mum: Meh. Leave her. Witches are supposed to be creepy.

15. ( first day of having my first bjd home )

Mom : It a boy ....... and it has a what

ya she still tells people that when they see my dolls for the first time -.-

16. I was surfing around on Dollmore not too long ago, and discovered that they had started selling small cigs. I tought they were kinda cute and decided to show grandma, as the size facinated me.
      Me: Look grandma; tiny cigs!
      Grandma: No.
      Me: Um, what?
      Grandma: You're not buying that.
      Me: I wasn't planning to---.
      Grandma: You're not getting Josephine one of those! You have to set a good example for her. What are we suppused to do if we get another one; they'll jump on the wagon too! No, no. It's bad enough I have to smoke outside. I don't want the house to smell. And think about what it would do to her health; she's a kid, she'd get sick. No cigarettes.
      Me: ... okay.

And then there's this one, which wasn't as much as a conversation as a one-liner.

Grandma: I wish I had boobs like that.

17. I'm having such a great time reading everyone's posts. Doll people rock!

18. I was showing my boy to a 9-year-old girl whose family was over at our house for dinner. As expected, her response was:

Her:That's a boy?
      Me: Yeah, I know he's kind of girly.:sweat His name is Gail.
      Her: But why would you want a BOY doll?!
      Me: Uh... because---
      Her: He doesn't even look like a boy. It's not too late, you can just call him a girl instead. Just make dresses for him instead of pants. Gail can be short for Abigail.

How was I supposed to explain that he IS a boy? I certainly wasn't going to yank off his pants in front of a little kid! xD
      I just sort of smiled and set him back on the table.

19. My dad is really funny when it comes to my D.O.I.
      When I first got him he told me that Fitz looked like a gay alien.
      He also likes to tell me that his fingers are too long and if they're going to stay that long he needs a piano.
      I keep having to explain to him that Fitzwilliam is a painter, not a pianist.
      He also doesn't understand his name. He won't call him Fitzwilliam, he calls him Prince William instead. xD