1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Conversations with Friends/Family

Jul 24, 2011

1. My Nonna is here for Thanksgiving and she keeps calling one of my boys a girl, I keep correcting her, and she keeps asking, "Are you sure?" I went to vent to my mom about it.

Me: She keeps thinking Ichabod is a girl :|
      Mom: See?!

My mom calls my boys "the girls" just to annoy me.

2. You could always show her proof... XD

I recently took the doll in my avatar pic, Lir, my SG Lupin, to a meetup, and the reactions were fun.
      "Ohmygawd, I think... That is the Manliest doll I have ever SEEN..."

3. So I bought my doll to school because my friends wanted to see him(don't worry, I had him packed up really well.) And this was a convo that one of my friends and I had.

Friend: Ohmygosh he is so cute! Can I hold him?
      Me: Sure, just don't touch his face. -gives him the doll-
      Friend: Can I take his clothes off so I can see what his whole body looks like?
      Me: Sure, go for it. Just put the clothes back on when you are done.
      Friend: -slides his shirt up and his pants down- OHMAIGAWDTINYPENIS.
      Me: -facepalm-

4. I had one fun titbit with my boyfriend a long while back, when my girl was mentioned =)

BF: By the by... if she calls you "momma", does that mean I'm her "dad"?..

5. I love this thread. :D I recently got back into the hobby and I've been obsessing lately, so my mom is catching the fever too, since I talk about BJDs constantly. Today, I was telling her that they had a new pukipuki Ante available (she knows I want a LittleFee Ante).
      After telling me; "She's just SO cute!" 5 times and asking about the price, I got this:

Mom: "Awesome! You should buy one so that WE could pay with her!"
      Me: "I might buy the bigger one... If I get the money from winning that contest and don't need the money for anything else, I think I'll by the littlefee."
      Mom: "Aww, but I love the pukipuki size..."

She was clearly disappointed that I don't want a pukipuki for her to play with!:lol: Later I was showing her the wigs:
      Me: I really like the bright pink one on the first page.
      Mom: I like the bright pink one and the blue one! Some of them are trashy looking, I would never want MY pukipuki to look trampy, that's awful!
      Me: Haha, mom, I don't think any of them are trashy, per se.
      Mom: No, the later pages have some nappy looking ones. They remind me of 80s hairband Stevie Nicks hair!
      Me: Hey, sometimes you just need a tiny bundle of 80s!
      Mom: Ugh, not on MY baby puki! She would be cute and girly and I would make her tiny blues hoodies and hockey sticks!

I love my mom! She makes me laugh. She wants a puki so bad, she just doesn't know if she can justify spending that much money. I might get her one for Christmas! :)

6. So way back when i was at an internship for my degree that I now have I was at a senior walk in center. I brought my boys Nicky and Aya ( Aya wears girl clothing skirts and such):
      Senior: Thats a what?
      Me: Yah that's a boy his name is Nicky
      Senior: Nikki is a a girls name...u sure its a boy
      Me: Ok fine here..(has senior hold doll for a moment then I pull his pants down) see Boy
      Senior: oh my...(shakes head an walks away)

Giggles same thing happened with Aya while he was there too. They kept saying she I would correct then I would show them because I would get tired of answering constantly. Then I would get weird stares.

7. just a bit ago~

Me: (Looking at sugarble dolls) OMG I want her face!
      BF: You know, creepier things have been said, but not by much.

8. actually it happen just now !!

Me : gosh i can't wait for my baby to come ...
      Friend : what ... the .......? (its a long the ... trust me) your pregnant !!?? you out of your mind !!??
      Me : what?? ofc not !! i'm not that crazy !!
      Friend : then what this 'baby' mean!?
      Me : this one is special and expensive !! i paid $910 for him !!
      Friend : THAT'S A LOT OF 0 (since i lived in Indonesia $910 is Rp 9.000.000,00-) , i take it back ! go ahead and make one instead adopting one

i LOL so hard , it took me a while when she said she take it back xD

9. Awhahah. That's cute. cx

10. This happend between my brother and I. A little backstory: I am expecting my first doll in the mail, a Luts Kid Delf Ani Boy and I didn't really have enough money to buy him clothes and a wig. For Christmas, each of my siblings (me, two boys and another girl) pick one sibling and spend up to $100 dollars on them. I asked my older brother for a wig and a clothing set. He agreed. He just called me, not even five minutes ago.

Him: Hey, I got your creepy Asian stuff. There's pants and a wig...
      Me: Oh, there's supposed to be a whole set of clothes!
      Him: Oh, yeah, there is. It didn't come with the doll, though....
      Me: Yeah, I've already ordered him and he's on his way.
      Him: Are you telling me I spent $100 on a wig and some clothes?!
      Me: Wel... my doll was $300...
      Him: WHAT THE F***?! Where do you even find crap like this?
      Me: *laughing* I've got friends... I know one girl who has about 40 dolls!
      Him: What, she got a rich husband?
      Me: No, she *explains face-up comissions*
      Him: ... That's stupid. I'll wrap your stuff...
      Me: Thanks [brother]!

Honestly, I found his disbelief hilarious, but maybe I should've explained BJDs first....

11. Randomly browsing the clothing section at Sam's Club on our last errands run, my mom & I came across some adorable dresses for little girls. We have no little girls in our family at the moment, but judging by the weird glances we got when this conversation ensued, a couple of other shoppers apparently got the wrong idea. XD

Mom: ::holding a dress up to look at it:: This is really cute. ....Do you think it would fit Alice (one of my SDs)?
      Me: No. Not without some serious tayloring. Maybe it would fit that large one (meaning my mom's childhood my-size doll that's displayed in our house on a rarely used couch)?
      Mom: I thought Alice was the large one?
      Me: No! I mean the really large one. The one that just sits on the couch all the time?
      Mom: Oh. No, I don't want to get anything for that one. I just thought it might be nice for Alice.

12. My mamaw wanted to see Abel's clothes and shoes that I made him, so I brought him over to her house the other day. While I was showing him to her and explaining BJDs and such, and how I wanted to restring him, she said, "That's the kind of man every woman needs! Pull a string and he falls apart!"

Mamaw I love you so much oh my goodness. I was in tears from laughing so hard.

13. I haven't had my Johnny for more than just one week yet, but the day I came home from Finland and wanted to see my girlfriend who lives next door, directly after fetching Johnny's body from the post office... I texted my girlfriend that I was home with Johnny and wanted to see her, and I had been talking about Johnny for weeks before that, and she replied: "couldn't you come over alone for a moment?"

A few seconds later when she opened the door, me standing there with Johnny:

"Johnny wanted to come too."
      "Oh, I forgot Johnny's a doll."

Well, we had a nice long night, my girlfriend and me and Johnny. I guess she remembers his name now ;)

14. Thats when its time for a Dahlia :D

15. @ Kurosu.chan: That's just precious!

I haven't even had my doll for 24 hours yet.. and my parents already have funny things to say.

Me: Hey Dad, the thing I ordered came in today!
      Dad: *occupied* That's nice...what did you order?
      Me: *ramble about liking the doll for a long time and saving up my christmas and birthday money for it* Do you want to see it?
      Dad: *makes noise*
      -after getting the doll-
      Dad: *smirks*its kinda cute
      Me::o-->:D
      Dad: *chuckles* how much was it?
      Me: ...SECRET!:sweat

A few hours later...

Mom: It looks so cute sitting there! What's it's name?
      Me: Oh him?
      Mom: Wait.. wha!? It's a him? It looks like a girl!
      Me::sweat
      Mom: I thought you were the boy and it was the girl here! (I'm female but I look very much like a boy especially with my hair cut...)
      Me: Thanks mom....:|

16. Me: *changing Soraya's eyes*
      Friend: *looks over* OH MY GOD, YOU'RE LOBOTOMISING HER.
      Me: lol, I'm changing her eyes.
      Friend: That's horribly morbid.

Or my favourite;

"Courtney... The bench is staring at me."
      "... what? *looks over at the eyes sitting on the bench* AHAHA"

17. [QUOTE

Or my favourite;

"Courtney... The bench is staring at me."
      "... what? *looks over at the eyes sitting on the bench* AHAHA"[/QUOTE]

Ha! Love it!

18. I like taking sticky-tack and putting my doll eyes over top of the faces on my posters.
      that's bound to spark amusing conversations in the future.

19. That sounds like a great idea, you should totally do it and post what people say after! I love this thread.

20. dad: *making lame jokes about big noses*
      me: but you have the biggest nose of the house!
      dad: that's not true! he does *points my iplehouse Dexter*

dad, stop making fun of everything that is big on my dolls xD;;