1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Conversations with Friends/Family

Jul 24, 2011

1. LOL! Though technically in the BJD world, most of our dolls aren't that unusual in size, so it's all relative.

However, this *does* make me tempted to start referring to Agatha's cleavage as "BoUS", or "Boobs of Unusual Size", because any DDDy automatically qualifies for the title "Boobsy McBoobsalot."

2. Oh God this thread is hilariously funny xD

3. I have one~ My cousin was over awhile ago and I was getting Owen ready for a doll meet.

Me: Great. I can't find Owen's socks...
      Cousin: Who is Owen and why do you have his socks...?

After explaining to him that Owen is my doll, he still looked kind of puzzled. :sweat

4. Most recently, I put eyes over the Canada Maple leaf on my wall.
      and I got the comment of "Canada shall watch over us, always. *salute* "
      The amount of win from my dad's comment totally made my day XD

5. I love, love, love this thread. I read every one of the posts and I loved them.

My contribution:

I posted a status update: "Hurrah, my discount eyes came in!" I was simply excited, so I didn't think about how confusing this would be without context (most of my friends don't know about BJDs).

A friend replied, "Are you talking about art supplies? Whatever the case, the idea of you receiving second-hand eyes in the mail is hilarious."

6. Your dad is awesome...

7. Me: (kind of talking to myself) Holy GOD his feet are HUGE!
      Sister: (has just walked into the room) Well you know what they say about men with big feet.
      Me: Especially dragon feet!
      Sister: Yea... wait, what? Where did you find a guy with dragon feet?
      Me: Korea 8/
      Sister: Oh.

8. was at work last night and one of the girls I work with and I ended up talking about my dolls

Me: I have one doll that comes with 3 penises so you can change him from being happy to semi happy to not very happy at all.

Her: OMG do you make your dolls have sex?

Me: Um no but I'm sure there are some out there that do

Her: I'm coming over and we are going to make your dolls have sex

Me: Um no

Her: Why not all your other dolls are girls right

Me: yes but they are all young girls and we can't be having that it's gross.

Her: You need to buy him a girlfriend.

Me: I've been thinking about it but since he's a demon he needs one with big boobs and is a succubus

Her: Yes she needs big boobs.

This conversation went on for awhile about how he needs a girlfriend asap I work with some interesting people

9. I had my boy sitting beside my computer and he's currently in a dress and my sister looks over and sees that he's all "Exposed". She grabbed his hands and moved him and told him, "That's shameful!" xD I Found This To be so random and funny.

10. This is the conversation I had with my mom after she saw my new ltf.
      Mom:...wow a baby doll.
      Me: huh?
      Mom: -points at zeph (my ltf)-
      Me: ohh no he's not a --
      Mom: OOO who gave birth to him??
      Me: What?
      Mom: you have 2 dolls which is the mother.
      Me: Mom..they're both guys....
      Mom:.....oh.....then where did the little guy come from? -playing with zeph-

11. Me: "Dad, what abou this doll?"
      Dad: "She is pretty."
      Me: "No, its a boy..."
      Dad: "Why? What makes it a boy?"
      Me: "It's anatomically correct..."
      Dad: "So it like...has a thing?"
      Joe (family friend): "..." *stare stare*
      Me: "Yup!"
      Dad: "...Hey Joe, you wanted to all of this right?"
      Joe: *puts down sandwich* "I'm just trying to eat..."

Poor Joe, had many awkward experiences with us XD

12. Lol Joe just wanted to eat his sandwich...

I love this thread. :XD:

13. A doll friend of mine came over yesturday to see my new Weylin Shen. I had just gotton him a new Kimono and it has a very very very long skirt. She goes to pick him up and looks down and back up at me. She says"SOOO where is his feet?". I was in a little confused moment and then almost spit my drink out I was laughing so hard. When I got settled down I looked at her and said"Don't worry I lost his feet a few times in there too"

14. I haven't received my doll yet and because it has been almost 3 months since I ordered her, and I haven't heard anything about expected delivery time yet, I was thinking out loud that maybe I should just contact the company and ask if they could give me an estimate on when my order would be shipped.
      My mom was in the room with me here's the convo
      Mom: maybe
      Me: my order status just says paid no info so...
      Mom: YOU'VE ALREADY PAID?!!
      Me: Yeah of course you always pay before you receive your product when you order online
      Mom: I would never pay something before I have the actual product
      Me: Then you will never buy anything online. Actually now that I think about it you already did when you bought your last cellphone remember?
      Mom: (Barely hearable) Hm...
      ~silence~

My mother absolutely hates the idea of me spending a lot of money on anything that isn't practical like clothes and medicin, and by a 'lot of money' we're pretty much talking spending money at all ^^' so naturally she is very hostile towards BJD's thinking they are a waste of money and a waste of time.

15. HAHA, I laughed out loud when I red this :D

16. I don't know how funny it is... but I really want to get a puki puki eventually. And my roomie, Haiiro, who also collects BJDs, thinks they are creepy. She doesn't like the tiny dolls at all.

Me: Maaan I want one so bad
      Haiiro: You talking about those pukey things?
      Me: ...puki
      Haiiro: I know. Pukey pukis.
      Me: . . . XD

17. my big brother really supporting me with this hobby , and the other day we just having a conversation about it :whee:

Me : bro , let me borrow your PP
      Bro : for what? *take a look* what your buying new clothes?
      Me : not for me for my doll later
      Bro : and .... your planning to buy him underwear? man these people know how to make money *gave up*
      Me : i don't want him to wear pants without undies! the 'thingy' will show anyway since i just order a tight leather pants
      Bro : ....... 'thingy' ....
      Me : yes , its anatomically correct
      Bro : ........... i will NEVER !! touch your doll .... and you will NEVER leave him naked EVER ... *give the stare of 'uh ... gross'*

oh brother .... :sweat

18. These are all hilarious! The only thing I have to contribute is when my mom saw my BBB Apollo (now gone) she was in pure disbelief that he was a guy even after I showed her his 'bits'. I showed her tons of photos online of different male bjds and every one she saw she would say it was a girl and argue with me about it.

What can I say? Asia is big on pretty-boys! Mmmm Gakuto....

19. Me in class with my doll Val. My classmates were curious about him so I showed off his movements and talked about him. RP = Random Person.

RP: Is he anatomically correct?
      Me: Yes. He has a penis.
      RP: Really?? o_o
      Me: Yes, why do you want to see it or something?
      RP: YES!!
      Me: *strips Val's pants off*
      RP: ._.
      Me: What?
      RP: I thought it would be bigger, I'm really disappointed now.

When I brought Mort, my Dragondoll, with me at the end of the semester, she wasn't longer disappointed with his bits!

20. Not really a conversation but my mom has become increasingly paranoid over my boy, Icarus (LUST KDF ANI) and, even if he is sitting in the middle of the table, away from any and all edges, she freaks out and insists on me either moving him or just flat out not putting him down because she's scared she'll knock him over and he'll combust into a hellish fireball of resin pieces or something.