1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Conversations with Friends/Family

Jul 24, 2011

1. I have a few funny stories with my dollies. Well mostly with one of them. Poor poor Boreas... He's a Tiny, Pink skinned, Dollzone Lankui.

My first story has to do with my Mom and Boreas. When she first saw him he was in his company outfit so he didn't look so much like a boy. When I told her it was a boy she of coarse asked "how do I know he's a boy." I then instantly showed her his manhood. She then laughed and and called him a "transvestite baby." Oh boy... :sweat Well, my friend and I made him some less girlish cloths, but she's still not convinced..

Second story is still with Boreas but not really with friends and family. Well kind of.. I was visiting my Dad in the hospital and my Dollzone Brant (Astraeus) and Lankui (Boreas) had just came home and I didn't open the box quite yet. So, I brought in the little fuzzy back that had my tiny Boreas. I hadn't dressed him or put his wig on yet. When I got into the elevator there was another man on the elevator. When I pulled Boreas partway out of his fluffy bag the man noticed. His expression was that of surprise and almost horror. O3O I glanced up at him and probably looked as surprised. He then spoke up. "Is that a tiny baby?" I smiled and said with a little laugh, "No, its a bjd or a ball jointed doll. This is one of the smaller ones." The man nodded and then stepped out of the elevator. After that I had the giggle really bad! :lol:

2. "Are you sure you wanna get him?"
      "I'm sorry, you expect me to resist a doll with gundam feet? That is asking too much of me."
      "Your fangirl is showing."
      "Pfff."
      --Long pause--
      "Are you looking at green eyes right now?"
      "I... yeah, why?"
      "Don't name him Deathscythe."
      "....Damn."

3. Every time a box of some size arrives at our place, even if it's entirelly BJD unrelated my dad always asks "Is it another inmate?" as of lately.

My brother and me over MSN:

me: [...]and he's sooo tiny, only 19cm tall (talking about my Crobidoll tiny)
      bro: then he's got to be Lucy's friend (Lucy being his warhammer 40k dreadnought)
      me: ...but isn't Lucy like... not even half his size?
      bro: OH MY GOD.
      me: what?
      bro: ...you do realize those things are supposed to be at least five times the height of a human, right?

so apparently my tiny is a giant now xD;

At my friends'

friend: he's staring at me
      me: no he isn't > A> he's staring at his book
      friend: no, I'm telling you he's staring at me
      friend's boyfriend: does he likes what he sees? Cause if he gets any funny ideas I might kick him.
      me: nah. He's more interested in his book, I bet...
      friend: ... o n o

4. I just had one! I was sewing a shirt for my boy and something went wrong with the collar. So I bought him upstairs to ask my mom to help me find where I went wrong. I sat him down on the desk and she started fiddling with his collar.

Suddenly she backed away a tiny bit and removed her hands, so this happened:

Me: What? O_o
      Mom: Look at him >: |
      Me: *Looks* Huh? I don't see anything strange.
      Mom: He's giving me a dirty look!!
      Me: O__O Wha? He is?
      Mom: Yeah look at him. He's like "Who do you think you are? You cannot touch me like this >:O "
      Me: lololololololololol

And then a few minutes later I was holding him and fiddling with his wig when my mom turned to me again and was like -
      Mom: Do they have brains?
      Me: xD Nope.
      Mom: Hmmm, wonder what he's thinking now. Looking at you . . . .
      Me: LOLWUT? xD ilu

This was VERY weird for my mom. She never seems interested in my dolls at all. She didn't mind me having them but stayed out of it. Now suddenly she's all interested in them :D I love it!

5. I used to leave my doll in places that would scare my brother. Lol.

6. You know, back in the victorian days, they used to dress boys in gowns like girls and leave the hair uncut until they were like 10-ish (I think 10-ish). The two explanations I've heard for this was to confuse gypsies (who they thought would try to steal their boy-children), or because they would have to replace the clothes less often (the gowns would be easier to adjust as the kid grew than trousers).

So you could say he's in period? XD

7. I was sitting at the kitchen table working on a pair of shorts for my 60cm Weylin earlier, muttering to myself that his package was huge compared to my 70cm guy. I set him down nude on the table and started sewing.
      My mother comes walking by at that exact moment and stops suddenly. "Good grief---that guy is STOUT! I thought you said he was from China!"

8. Got another one:

I'm at work when I get a call from my husband-

Me: Hi Hunny
      Hubby: Please don't hate me!
      M: Why would I hate you?
      H: IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!
      M: Calm down, what happened?
      H: I... may have accidentally kicked Icarus... and his leg fell off...
      M: His string just came loose. Put him on the coffee table
      H: I CAN'T GET HIS LEG BACK ON!!
      M: Stop trying and sit him down!
      H: ... My fingers hurt... IT'S ALL YOUR FAUUULLLT!!!
      M: ... Are you drunk...?
      H: ... Yes. And it's still your fault.

9. This always happens:

Jr.:How's Greg?
      me: ...Greg...?
      Mom: It's jack.
      Me: It's Marc. His name is Marc.

Jr: OH
      Mom: Mixing up names happens with all my kids...and their kids.

xD

10. I was coming home from visiting my parents' today, and since I had a lot of stuff in my arms, I asked my mom to carry my MSD girl (I'd taken her to show them her new face up). She said, "I'm so happy! I can't believe you're letting me carry THE CHILD."

I was like, "Um... what?" :XD:

11. My mom said that most of the BJDs look like "should I just sit here and look beautiful or should I actually get up and do something?".

XD

12. Little back story, my Mom had bought a baby mobile from goodwill just because she thought the stuffed animal would be cute for dolls. We had already cut off the stuffed animals, and had the hanging spinning parts just sitting in a box. I also had a bag of just Liv doll heads I'd bought to hack their eyes out.

Mom: Hey (real name).

Me: Yeah?

Mom: You know that mobile we got?

Me: Yeah.

Mom: What if we hung the doll heads from it?

Me: Ha! like a creepy doll head mobile?

Mom: yeah. We could put white marble in their eyes and paint them all creepy, and have hair coming out all crazy.

Me: Oh, you mean the Liv doll head.

Mom: Yeah.

Me: I thought you meant my ball jointed doll heads.......what if I hung my BJD heads from it and stored them above my bed that way.

Mom: Eww no that would be creepy.

13. my daughter: mommy, i want to give gisela a christmas present, what do you think she would like?
      me: well, let's see, she likes roses, perfumes, candles, scented soaps, books, bathtubs and pretty dresses and jewels, but anything you give her will make her very happy :)
      my daughter: cool, i think i am going to make her a little casual outfit, since she is a medieval girl we must get into some casual clothes sometimes so she doesn't get bored. XD

LOL, that was yesterday, my cute little daughter can be so cuuuuute!! <3

14. Brother: does she have nipples?

Me: I sanded them off.

Brother: I thought so.

15. LOL! That is hilarious. My brother would be like, "You did WHAT!?" But then, he finds my dolls creepy to begin with. XD

16. This happens just about any time I have my boy nekkid (yes, nekkid. I like typing it like that)... also this is just a one line but I think it's really funny.

3 (nearly 4) yr old sister: I don't like his willy.

17. that's brill! :D I'm happy whenever someone in my family takes a vague interest, hehe :)

18. I collect American GIrl dolls, and my brother (11) has just finally warmed up to them and my other brother(2) loves them! <3
      But, when I said I was getting a new doll, a new type of doll, my brother (11) looks at me and says: "It better not be an ugly one." So, I showed him a picture and he saiys: "No, not ugly... Just scary and real looking." XD Made me laugh!

19. Omg so jealous lol! That's really cute :D

20. My husband showing off our house after we moved in, our bedroom, is a "cave" because my husband rotates, so we need it dark for when he is on midnights.

husband, "this is our bedroom, my wife keeps her most precious dolls in here to protect them from light"
      relatives "Doesn't it creep you out that those dolls are watching while you sleep or are having sex?"
      husband " they are dolls, they don't watch, they polightly close their eyes"

I laughed so hard