1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Conversations with Friends/Family

Jul 24, 2011

1. My mom has taken up to referring to my dolls as "the girls". I've mostly gotten used to that but sometimes I forget. The other day we were discussing these two (human!) girls I wanted to meet with and say hi at a con I was attending, who I didn't know in person but knew are BJD collectors/customizers. One of them is married to a person my mom is more familiar with so I'll sometimes refer to her as [Person]'s wife. Then this happened.

Me: So I'm thinking tomorrow after we get the autographs I could see if I can find their stand to say hi.
      Mom: Oh also, I bought the girls a few gifts today.
      Me: ... You bought [Person]'s wife and her friend a gift?
      Mom: What? No! Your girls! I bought your girls a few gifts. I hope they'll like them.

I don't know about you guys but I think that was adorable.

2. Oh gosh, not sure I'm allowed to tell this, but well, I had a very funny online conversation with a friend of mine when I was doing the body blushing on my doll.
      My friend: so what are you doing today?
      Me: oh just painting the body of my doll.
      My friend: is it going well?
      Me: yeah, it's cool to do, excelt when I have to, argh, blow on her nipples because of the dry pastels XD
      Of course she laughed like a crazy person, but the worst was when I had to tell her I also had to, well, basically blow away the little dust from the pastels from her lady bits and her behind XD

3. Me: Okay, so, I ordered fifty feet of bubble wrap. It's coming to the house.
      Mom: Why did you order fifty feet of bubble wrap?
      Me: Because I never want to buy bubble wrap again.
      Mom: But why do you need that much bubble wrap?
      Me: Reasons.
      Mom: ??
      Me: Doll reasons.

(I've been selling some of my old doll stuff and have become increasingly annoyed by constantly running out of bubble wrap during my mailings.)

4. Me: (talking to one of my fellow BJD owners in class) "Yeah, I am so excited! My eyes came in yesterday!"
      BJD friend: "Oh, that's great!"
      Non BJD friend who over-hears conversation: (looks really freaked out) "Eyes...? What are you talking about?!"
      Me: (smiles) "Dolls."

5. Not a specific conversation but my family have taken to suggesting that everything I own or buy will be used for dolls. Paper clips? Dolls. Dental floss? DOLLS. Pipe cleaners? Who the hell cleans pipes with those? They're usually right, but I like to pretend there's a little mystery in my life.

My friend thought "I don't wanna sand his nipples off" was funny, that was during a phone conversation where I was describing some future restorative work on a guy who's so yellow I call him Banana Boy.

6. You know it's awkward when you have your doll bent over, buns up and suddenly every one in the house just suddenly walks into your room.

Fam: ....

Me: ....HE'S GOT A STAIN ON HIS BUTT. I'M CLEANING IT!

Fam: -walks back out-

@_@" *cleans doll butt furiously*