1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny/Horrible BJD Stories

Jul 22, 2011

1. i soo know how you feel my cat gets suuuper jelous! she hates when she's not the center of attention whenever im playing with my dolls she will sit in my lap ans smak my face to get me to look at her (hence why my dolls stay locked in the closet)
      she worst in the moring if she decided i need to wake up and love ehr the first thing she heads for are my figures...i tresure my figures almost as much as my dolls and she knows i have an extra sense that if she gets near my figures i will immediatly wake up her favorite thing to do is pop off their heads(nendoriods..gotta love that feture) so i spend all morning trying to find wherever she hid them

2. (YESSSSS new thread! I was afraid to start a new one, but I was LOVING the old ones!)

I don't have a doll yet, but I've been dropping hints to my parents, and especially my mom. Little things about stringing, clothes, making things, et cetera. My cousin also wants to get a BJD and we are going to order together. When we told her this, my mother complained that we are mutually corrupting each other. :P I told my cousin we should do out box-openings together, and my mom said "I hope their skullcaps fall off." xDDD She's still learning all the vocab, apparently. My cousin and I had a good laugh.

3. That's how one of my cats acts when I'm sewing! I only sew for my dolls right now, and she has to be everywhere, and know everything. She has to look at my bags of fabrics. She has to chew the plastic bag of sewing notions/supplies. She has sit on the fabric I'm going to work on.

She has to know what's going on and how she can participate. :)

4. I was carrying my Soom Super Gem Lazule around the Whitby Goth Weekend and I had him over my shoulder, a guy came up to me and said 'You stuck holding the baby today?' He knew it was a doll ;)

Also there was the time I dropped my X Box 360 on to my Soom Dia... That was horrible, but then it was funny when I found there was absolutely no damage what so ever!

When my girlfriend got her Soom fairy legend, she put the special hands on the arm of the sofa and instantly our kitten put them in his mouth and ran off with them!! Again, no damage done.

5. This happened to me at a con, but this girl was walking around with a gorgeous doll (I didn't ask the mould or anything, I was in a semi-hurry) so I approached her.
      Me: "Oh wow, he's gorgeous! Can I see him?" mostly, I wanted a closer look at his clothes, they looked like a hanbok and I was hoping to see them up close.
      Her: "Oh sure!" and she goes to hand me her doll...and then sort of make a motion like an airplane flying and tucked him into her bag. "Oh! He got shy, so sorry! He gets shy around new people" and then just stood there smiling at me.
      I had absolutely no idea what to say. I think I said "aw, too bad" and went on my merry way. My friend was cracking up, though.

6. my little girls faceup got chipped at a con by some dumb girl so i had to send her off to get it fixed...i took forever to her back and when she was sent back..they sent her to the wrong adress! we ended up having to bother an elderly couple in thier house luckly they had no problem giving her back to me..after i had bawled my eyes out to them

7. Iono if you call it a bad story or a I think she mixed up the idea of my dolls and baby doll up. Ok I have 7 BJD dolls and two old babydolls from when I was little that I got they were my mother and grand mother before me so they have been well played with. The 2 baby dolls get to enjoy retirement by sitting in cute clothing with my other BJD and looking pretty. My mother been mentoring this little 7 year old girl. The little girl is pretty nice and does not touch my dolls and all. So I had to call my mom to remind her to pick up somthing at the store and sure enought she had gone to get the little girl. THey were at walmart and the 7 year old is whinning she wants a baby doll and mom must buy her one and blah blah blah. She ask me on the phone "can she have one of your dolls?" I am like NO they are mine" Mom: But you have so many can't she just have one of the big baby dolls?" ME: NO she can not my dolls are not up for just giving away thank you" Mom " well that is just silly you have so many and she does not have one you should be ashamed" ME: tell her to wait for christmas or her birthday but I am not giving her a doll. Mom : Fine ok then:

After that she dropped it. I never thought my mom who I though was starting to like my dolls a little would ask me somthing like that. She as well as the rest of my family and friends knows I am very very very protective of any of my toys. My old baby doll are retired from play and my BJD are certainly not up for giving to a kid who keeps whinning about one.

8. hehe this one I thought was pretty funny!

I posted this as my facebook status:
      "Doing essay numbah 1 yay..... oh and getting an awesome package tomorrow ;)"
      My Friend Ana comments: "packages are awesome in general"
      me: true dat
      Ana: lol I'm scared... XD
      me: why....? O.o
      Ana: WHAT'S IN THAT PACKAGE??? XD and other stuff too.....
      me: oh just cancer inducing chemical spray and some eyes
      Ana: O.o
      *fastforward*
      me: ?
      Ana: What made you use the question mark? XD
      me: your ":O" face
      Ana: "idk haha don't worry i have a gas mask" that's why I was like :O
      me: lol but i do have a gas mask
      Ana: ok then.... and I thought I was scared before this conversation started

XD

9. I have one! To start off, it was awful, but it's something most dolly owners go through at some point-

I was across the room getting dressed to pick up my friends from a movie, when I heard a crash. My BBB Mei (my darling!) had been sitting on my bureau, and was no longer there. I was across the room in half a second, doting on my girl, checking for breaks, and nearly crying. I was so happy she was okay!

So I finished getting dressed, and looked at her once more. I smiled and held her hand, and her finger just fell onto her dress. I started to cry and I grabbed her and put the finger in a baggie and ran out the door to Micheal's (a craft store). I bought some super glue and glued it back on right in the store :) I noticed later that her hand is cracked, but it's fine. Her hand is fine now too, but it was so friggen scary to me at the time! I could hardly breathe!!! (I know she isn't a very expensive doll, but her worth is so intrinsic to me. I've spent so much time on her!)

10. I miss-read and thought you said your mom, not your cat! Oh god that was so funny!

11. I have a couple little ones! =O
      I was dressing Demetri in his new clothes, and i had set up shop in our living room, which is where our front door opens into, and my sister had brought the children she was babysitting to visit. So the poor kids got to see an almost completely naked HEADLESS Demetri! XD Luckily he had his underwear on before they came in so they didn't see his naughty bits haha! The kids did give me some strange looks for the rest of their visit though.

12. One of my friends had her doll mailed to me after it got its face up and I was to pass it onto her. She asked me to take photos of him for her, so I quick plopped him on a body, picked him up, and rushed outside.... completely smashing his face into the door frame on my way >.< I literally froze the second it happened. I didn't even want to look ;A;
      I did after a few seconds of shock and he was absolutely fine, not even a shiny mark, but I just about died and barely touched him the rest of the time he was with me.

13. Practicing guro mods when the little children came around without warning... Their father has banned me from getting my dolls out at their house now.
      But their mother told me to make one into a clown and scare him!

14. Funny story this time.

So I have a soom ender with the jackel head I also own a my generation horse I got at a thrift store. My mother kept asking me did I take my horse (generation one) to the meet up we had on saturday. I had to keep telling her no. So she was walking out of my room when she looked at my dolls one being the ender that was sitting on there bench. Well what did they think of your HORSE headed doll. I was like what? She was like this one its a horse head right. I was like No he is Anubis like the god of the underworld from egypt... A Jackel. Mom just huffed a little well he still looks like a horse to me.. then walked out of the room.

I think my Poor Anu my ender got a pouty look on his face from that. I just don't see a horse when I look at him but then I like egyptian stuff and my mother does not.

15. I haven't taken my dolls out with me in a while, but I have a short one from the library the other day.

I had Shou with me sitting on my binder while I was on the computer and this happened...

Librarian: Aw, does she correct your typing?
      Me: *pulls headphones off thinking she was getting timed-out* Huh?
      Librarian: *repeats herself and goes about her business*
      Me: Ah, yeah I guess he does~! *goes back to her Internets*

I have a feeling Shou wouldn't actually be able to spell worth a darn given his character is 8 1/2 but whatever. It was cute.

Later on...my real life doll friend showed up at the library and we chatted. She was surprised to she my doll with me given that she doesn't usually carry hers about. I'm not shy about it at all, at least as far as the library goes, but yeah. This is what happened as my friend was getting ready to leave...

Me: Oh, so where are you going?
      Friend: The bookstore, they're having a huge sale.
      Me: I heard about that...mind if I come with.?
      Friend: Sure! *notes how slow I am at logging out* I even know how to make you hurry up...
      Me: ...?
      Friend: *snags doll and walks out of library*
      Me: Wuh...wait! *hurries*

I caught up with my friend outside talking to a woman about my doll and the prices and what-not. I got there in perfect time to hear the woman balk at how expensive my boy was. I laughed.

16. Horrible story this time... -_-;; Just happened.

I was walking passed the doll display like I do every night on the way to bed. (Only non sunny place in my apartment is the hallway) Any how in the briefest loss of balance in left leg my hand barely brushed the display (not a doll at all) but I hear a crash.

I knew right away something snapped off, it was a new sound to me. I even knew who fell, or who I hoped fell... (the one doll that hasn't made much of a character for herself). My BBB Ariel had fallen and her right ear snapped clean along piercings at top and bottom. Probably the only reason why it broke was the piercings.. any how.. spent fifteen minutes looking around the display moving everything for the missing ear tip...

My mom found it all the way back down in the living room almost to the wall.. over ten feet away. o.o;;

I've since super glued it back into place, nearly as clean. (Lazy eye kinda makes me see a bit skewed so it's half a millimeter off..) But the piercing holes are intact. So... with new earrings and wig on.. the crack will be easily disguised.

Still was super scary though!! D:

17. I was trying to take off my dorrie's head, and pulling, like, REALLY hard, cause it wouldn't come off...and suddenly, it just popped off, and flew one foot through the air and hit the wall. Amazingly, there was no damage.

18. OK, embarrassing story time.

I was at a doll show and I was having a really hard time figuring out if the clothing fit my girl or not. So I pulled her out of the bag and started to compare the sizes. I still couldn't figure it out. So I ended up taking off all the doll's clothes and she didn't have any underwear on at the time. :( And I only had a tiny corner of the table to work with so it took me a bit. She was completely naked for at least 2 minutes. Plus I had to have my boyfriend help me since there wasn't enough space. Then when what I wanted didn't fit, she had to get naked again and again and again. When I finally figured out that nothing would fit it took me about 5 minutes to redress her. :doh I swear half the people in the room were staring at me while I did this, but luckily the lady whose stand I was at didn't mind too much. I didn't take her back out for the rest of the time I was at the show. I was just too embarrassed.

19. Mmmmm horror story time.I just moved and during the move, somehow, one of my kids got misplaced. I checked the new place, tore up the old place, and have checked ALL of the vehicles--I can't find my Dollmore Pado girl. To make matters worse, she was in my Soom Sueve's box, with my Sueve's wings. My black Swan is furious, because now my white Swan is gone. I've looked everywhere, I've even pleaded with my ex to help me find her. So now I have to choose, do I keep other resin that isn't as loved, or do I sell them and try to get another?My black swan, Lenore, bit me this morning. Mercutio (In the storyline they're from, Lenore and Louella belong in Mercutio's Aviary, where he takes care of them) is also very angry with me and jabbed me really hard in he hand when I tried to pull him out to get some resin comfort. I don't even WANT to pull out my Chalco or Aphan, I might die by resin!I don't think I've ever cried so hard as I did when I got home today after searching the old place, and my ex called me to ask if I'd found her and I said "No..." and she just said "Okay" and hung up. I feel like such a terrible resin mom, and I know she's not LE, but she was my little girl, I'd rescued her when another local member was selling her, and she was all mine...Edit to add:I NEVER CRIED SO HARD AS I JUST DID.I was opening drawers to put my clothes back in drawers after emptying my drawers in my frantic search for Louella. And there was her box.I've never compulsively cried before. Except when Ender arrived broken. But this was a happy cry.

20. astarvingartist: I would have been so nervous! It's great that you found her!

I have a horrible story.
      My sister (Animethemed) and I were outside taking pictures of our dolls, and as I was walking down our stone steps my Ante just "jumped" out of my arms and bounced off our steps onto our gravel drive way. Her face cap flew off and landed a few feet away. I was terrified of what the results would be so I had my sister go pick up.
      Thankfully she was still in one piece with only a very small scuff on the top of her head.