1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny/Horrible BJD Stories

Jul 22, 2011

1. My dad wanted to see my new doll and then when he put her down she was like this LOL

[​IMG]

2. *laugh* Funny! Banana race!

3. Well, my mine's a funny story. So after having lost my doll's wig for five days and searching the whole house I find it. Shall I tell you where I found it?
      In a food cupboard in the kitchen in the instant porridge box and only I could have put it there. I really do wonder what's wrong with me sometimes.

4. funny one xD
      i didn't tell my family about this hobby , 1st one to figure it out is my bro (since i live with him of course he's gonna notice the giant box inside my room :doh)

then a week ago when sunday my mom came visit to check on us (she doesn't know) :sweat

Me : *washing kou*
      Mom : *step inside my room* ....................... *stare at me*
      Me : huh ? *realized* something wrong?
      Mom : what is that ... ? *point at kou*
      Me : ah , its a bjd o__O
      Mom : the one you show me picture ? (it was yeon-ho's picture back then :sweat)
      Me : different doll same thing *smile*
      Mom : *lay on my bed* so .... when did you get her?
      Me : its him , and .. he came around 23rd march
      Mom : you didn't even tell me about buying her?
      Me : its him , and would you say yes if i ask?
      Mom : no ... i wont *stare at kou*
      Me : now you know why i didn't tell ... ? *worried*
      Mom : ......... shes like a real baby
      Me : he .. and hes your grandson
      Mom : grandaugther you mean?
      Me : GRANDSON !! MOM HE IS A GUY! *turn kou around naked*
      Mom : *stare* .... still not convince ....

oh boy ... :doh
      (now she kinda fine with having a cute boy in the family , she carried him whole day that time :) )

5. I was showing one of my friends my newest boy, because hey, he'd just come in and I wanted to keep him around so I could get a feel for him.

In retrospect, I should have warned her that he was a little kicky, because while she was holding him and RIGHT AFTER I mentioned that he was a super-limited and I was really lucky to get him, he suddenly flung himself backwards and slammed his head into her coke can on the table. Cue headcap and wig going flying.

I made sure to explain that it was SUPPOSED to come off and she didn't break him. After that she carefully handed him back to me and said "I don't think I want to hold him anymore ._.;;" Oops.

(By the way, HE was perfectly fine. The coke can was a little dented though.)

6. :o:o:o:o:o:o

I got home from work....
      My dad's face and neck were red...

Me: OMG, what happened?! :o
      Dad: I saw this white square sponge in the bathroom and I scrubbed my face with it.
      Me: WHAT THE **** :o... DAD that is NOT for faces, its for cleaning my dolls! Its a household cleaning product!
      Dad: But it felt soft.

Wiki defines Magic Erasers as "extremely fine sandpaper" ... Great. My dad finely sandpapered his face :doh

7. IsaCat l hope your dad well be ok and l loled when l read your post.

8. He is fine now thanks lol :lol:

9. Ohh god, this made me laugh SO HARD.
      That's toooo funny. I've actually done the same but it was to remove hair dye from my forehead.
      This, btw, is my favorite quote of all time.

10. :lol:I can't believe you tried it too!
      I guess it does work then? if used in moderation? haha

11. My grandma was on her deathbed this weekend, so I brought my newest doll to provide my family with a bit of comic relief. (She has been fading for about 5 years now, so while sad it wasn't unexpected.) Well, he is a Ringdoll Sol, and after a couple days of talking about how feminine his face is, my aunt decided to see if I was being honest about how correct he is.
      I had told her that he was equipped, but I hadn't mentioned that this particular doll had an "extra joint".
      I thought for about 3 seconds that she would be satisfied and wouldn't find out about his extra joint before she pulled his pants up. I was a little worried about how they would all react.
      Of course, as she was pulling them up it moved.
      My aunt proceeded to show off his extra joint to my entire family. Thankfully they all found him HILARIOUS. She even pulled up his pants but had his option part purposefully sticking out of his fly.
      He even got a repeat performance the next day for my other aunt who had been at work at the time.
      I knew my family was cool about my hobby, but I had no idea they were that cool about it. The same aunt who pantsed him even asked me multiple times if I would bring him on vacation with us!

12. Back when I brought my Bobobie Sprite home from college for the first time (she now has a new home), I showed my mom how she was packaged. Well, my mother saw the goldne Bobobie bag, proceeded to stick her arm in it and called it a doll condom. My family is odd to say the least.

13. Zoid5, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. But, it's nice to know that doll, er, bits won't freak your family out.

14. Thanks, it has been coming on for a while, so none of us were really shocked. Love your icon!

15. This weekend was Momocon in atlanata GA. Me and by best friend went and had a great time. The morning of saturday we had pack our dolls and were heading down to the big meet up in the hotal we stayed a block or two away for cheaper price and all. We had to walk up a hill and down a hill to get there. There was a large St patrick's day parade that day as well and we were tring to get across the street before it started as we were going I tripped on some jagged sidewalk that I did not see and fell. My poor DD who was dress in her nice DOT Nun set was thrown a little bit away from me. I mildly twisted my ankle. This man helped me up I thanked him and before he could ask me if he was ok I was look at my friend who was picking up my dd and my other things if she was ok. the doll was ok other then her face up was rubbed. I the people around us were staring cause I was hugging my doll and almost cring case I had dropped her. We finally just took off to the con and made it to the doll pannel. My friend and I managed to get to a con and fix her hair to cover her cheek and eyebrow. My friend who did her face up will fix it next weekend so it will be good.

16. I had a little unintended scare, yesterday. I was working on a project for one of my classes, and my DM Kid, Emma, was on the top of the couch beside me. She was a little floppy at the moment, due to my recent endeavor into sewing pajama pants, and her knee joint dislocated while I was putting them on her.

For a good while, things were OK; then I heard a 'thump'. Maybe it was because of how I positioned her on the couch. Maybe it was the fact that I didn't make the usual effort to connect the leg joints together again, but she fell backward, hitting her head on the wall. It actually sounded like she had fallen off of the sofa, and it would have been difficult to get back there to retrieve her. No harm done, even though her wig wasn't on at the time. I picked her up and repositioned her, as well as put her on a different part of the sofa.

17. I'm going to be doing my first faceup soon, and I already have a story about it! -_- I had just gotten my doll's head cleaned and dried and ready for the prep coat of MSC. I took him outside and sprayed him, then set him aside to dry. 10 minutes later I came back and he was covered in white splotches. Boy looked like he had a skin condition. It was terrifying, at first, until I remembered that a couple years ago I saw that someone here on DOA had the same problem and it had a relatively simple solution. I looked up that thread again and found that I either a) didn't shake the can enough or b) held it too close. Both of those are possible. The only solution was to clean him again. It took me hours to get all of the white splotches off. Luckily my second attempt was far more successful!

18. well this happened not too long ago.
      i had gotten my BBB apollo the day before i left for a convention and i decided to bring him with me to go to the meetup
      the second day of the con i was packing some things into the car while i had 2 of my boys waiting in the second floor of the hotel. when all of the sudden my brother screams over the balcony for me to get to the hotel room and run
      i was freaking out because he wouldn't tell me what was going on until i got to his room
      him and his girlfriend were freaking out and pacing
      the conversation went like this
      brother: " crap i think i broke your doll!"
      me: "what!?!?!, which one!!?"
      brother: "the new one! i went to pick up something off the floor and i knocked him over! his eye popped out and we cant find it anywhere!!"
      i looked at my poor boy. his wig was across the room and one of his eyes were knocked loose
      me: "*** don't freak out, i can fix this"
      so i took off his head cap and sure thing his eye was in there wiggling around and i put it back into place. remarkably not a scratch was on him too

brother: " so...i didn't kill him?"
      me: "no. don't worry you can live another day"

so from then on he refers to the incident as the day he gave Romere cataracts surgery.

and also later that day at the con someone asked my for my picture so i placed Romere at the table STANDING :doh...you can see where it went from there.. luckily nothing happened and he's fine..but hell that boy can survive alot.

19. Today, after maybe a month or so of leaving Reason out on my desk, I decided to take him out of my room for awhile to try out a new chair I bought. He's a Chalco, in his fantasy parts, dressed in a voluminous kimono, so I picked him up sitting on the crook of my arm with his body braced against my neck (since Soom boys love to backflop on me). The moment I put him down on my coffee table, a large spider sprints out from somewhere on him, over my laptop, and disappears somewhere into my living room.

The spider was about the size of one of my keyboard keys. It had apparently been living on Reason.

Now, I quite like spiders, and I knew that there was a spider living on my desk, but it's gotten rather bigger than I'm comfortable with, and it was living on Reason. So... do you think it laid eggs? It's not one of those web spinning ones, so I can't just check for webs, and I've looked in his hollow parts, and there doesn't seem to be anything, but still, should I be worried, I wonder?

And Camui is still in that corner. I am vaguely concerned. Reason was standing up, you see. Camui is curled up on the desk with his head not attached. I guess I should go check on him too. ._.

20. My mom asked me why I had Easter eggs, then she realized it was my doll's bald head. XD