1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny/Horrible BJD Stories

Jul 22, 2011

1. I would un-string and bathe them both, rigorously! Would also wash their wigs in lukewarm water and fabric softener as I usually do and soak their clothes in water as well. *paranoid*

2. Hahaha Ditto Terrified of spiders and bugs brave soul for not running away!

3. Well, since it was a rather large spider, I just checked all the open holes in the joints and pulled the two of them apart and examine their insides. Restringing is too troublesome, since Reason is wearing hooves and Camui is a Dollshe. :sweat Also, I think the spider was a male (after looking at some sites to find common jumping spiders).

I also recently found some doll-sized chairs from Daiso, so they're a bit elevated off the table top. Hopefully, no more spiders? 8'D

4. Today while in painting class I realized the model looked almost like a dollshe rosen.
      I started smiling, cause dollshe have always been one of my favorites, and I thought it was pretty funny. Unfortunately for me the model chose that second to look at me.

Needless to say, I felt embarrassed.

5. I guess he doesn't have to worry about exfoliating, now. :)

leXis: You are much braver than I am. I hate spiders as well as those ultra-creepy house centipedes (look on YouTube, and every video is a nightmare...*_*). If it was me, I (or someone braver than me) would've squished it.

I heard someone on this forum say that they thought their doll attracted spiders, because they'd seen spiders crawling on their doll on two occasions. It made me worry that my dolls would now start attracting more spiders than I'm comfortable getting, and that seeing spiders would be a 'delightfully' common occurrence - but since only you and this other user seem to be in a minority, the chances of you getting another spider is probably very little. You don't even know if that current spider was there for all of two seconds before you picked the doll up.

A little OT, but relevant to the spider thing, it's bad to put a house spider outside. House spiders are supposed to live in your house, because that's their habitat. They're not equipped for outside conditions.

If you make the living space uncomfortable for the spider, the spider won't settle there. If you pick up and move your doll around, a spider wouldn't want to live there. Cobwebs are apparently old webs that spiders abandon for some reason. If you see a cobweb, there's some reason the spider didn't want to settle down there. I would think a lot of times, it's just in a bad place. Chances are, if the spider did anything, I don't think it would've decided to lay its eggs there. If it will make you feel any better, you could just do a thorough examination: take the doll apart, look through the wig, and the kimono.

I did a search on what spider eggs look like (so if you don't find anything on a quick look, you don't have to worry about doing a song and dance). It's called "How to Identify Egg Sacs" from ehow.com. It seems that if a spider has eggs, they might be carrying them around, so the potential for a ton of tiny spider babies is still a possibility... but now you get to play hide-and-seek, unfortunately.

6. I live in a flat, actually, so 'outside' was on some potted plants in a sheltered area. It was one of those hunting spiders that don't spin webs and jumps really high. O_O I think the only reason it was attracted to the dollies was because they were kept in a relatively darker corner of my desk and provided a shaded hiding spot for it, since I cleared my desk recently and opened up huge open spaces. And my desk is in front of a window with no curtains. So no worries! Unless you have a resident spider which has run out of hiding spaces, I don't think they'll be all that attracted to your dolls. X3

On another note, I'm horribly creeped out by centipedes and millipedes. Thankfully, I live on the 18th floor. Spiders may have figured out how to fly, but centipedes and millipedes haven't!

7. You'd be surprised...:sweat they might not be able to fly, but they can climb up walls, and often do. The centipedes tend to show up if you have an infestation of another bug, or during a couple of weeks where you get a lot of rain - though usually, they say it's if you have a leak in your home, which made me freak out. We'd gotten a lot of rain last year, and they were showing up more often than usual. They go after all kinds of bugs - roaches, ants, beetles,... spiders, too.They don't actually have 100 legs (I hear it's more around 14-16 total, or 14-16 pairs; I don't remember which), but they are very fast, and they gently float to the ground when you try to get them and miss...:...(

I can never get to sleep easily if I know there is a scary bug existing near my bed.

8. OMG!!!! now you have to face him up!

9. I have 2 incoming dolls from Souldoll. I love EVERYTHING about them except their...ahem... nipples. They are kinda pronounced and pointy... During a recent visit to see my parents I was playing on DOA and my father spots on of SOOM's fantasy dolls and started asking about my dolls. My mother was in the shower. Naturally I had to show him my incoming dolls. So, we are talking about my Iraki, who my Dad loves because of the Sci-Fi element, and I said.. "I love everything about him except his nipples so I'm going to sand them down." ...just as Mom walked in. Her face was priceless! I thought I was going to hit the floor I was laughing so hard, my dad was drinking something and began to choke and laugh... It was just a weird situation. Had to go back and explain that to my mom. Funny but really awkward..

I think something else that's funny is my dog sometimes things that my Shoyo is an actual person. She barks at her sometimes. I have to take her down, let Izzy get a sniff, then put her back again. I don't know why she does that...

10. Might just want a bit of attention from your dolls? Haha.

Gotta love the awkward situations dolls bring into our lives..

11. Most funny and horrible story at once? One of my friends thought that BJD's are like blown-up dolls, LOL O_O

12. Kind of a horrible one:

I took my Iceland's (who I'd only had for like, a week) head off to put his new eyes in. As I was bringing it out to double check that they were in straight, his head slipped out of my hands, bounced OFF the floor, hit the plastic top of the cat door, and rolled into my feet.

I pretty much just stood there like an idiot making this little high pitched distress noise which only got worse when I picked him up and his gorgeous LE faceup had a nice dark smudge right down one cheek.

All I can say is, thank god for magic erasers.

13. I can't stop laughing at this...*whatisair*

14. A kind of horror/funny story.

I went out one day to take photos of my dollzone boy. I had him standing on a chair in a lovely pose and I was looking thought the camera getting ready to take the photo. when suddenly he fell forward hitting me and the camera, landing face 1st on the floor. I scream and drop my camera and pick him up. Thank go he had no damage. :D But Me and the Camera did. >.< I had a big bruise on my head and the camera had a small dent where he had hit it. T_T I will never be so naive with his posing again.

15. My dolls have chronic falling underwear syndrome. No matter what I do, their underwear won't stay up. So cue my boyfriend and I having to spend a half an hour trying to get my Tinyfairy Xiao's underwear to stay up when I get her to sit down, only to have it keep falling down right before we reached victory. :doh It's hard to keep her in her skirt when her panties insist on falling right down.

16. This is what happened today in an IM, cleaned up for the forum:

Me: http://kihaku.fi/heaven/Comparison.php

A BJD friend: ? What's that?

Me: Its a site that compares different doll sizes and makes it so that you can choose the dolls you want to compare and move them around. I just did Ryuichi as a adult (Delf), a MNF, a Pukifee. a littlefee and a puki. He'd be fetal size as a puki! LOL So far, I have him as a Delf and a MNF, I'd like to get the others later on down the line to represent child, toddler and I think I might do the fetus for s***s and giggles! (^_______^)
      add an umbilical cord and a amniotic sack out of see-through pink gauze....lol

Friend: That's mildly terrifying.

Me: I know! Or funny as s***!

Friend: I'm leaning more towards terrified. XD

Me: Especially since it would give me a reason to get a pong pong

Me: *dies laughing*

Ryu

17. I died laughing reading these stories. Multiple times.

I'm gonna have to hope to god my doll doesn't have a damage wish and won't faceplant herself.

18. I once restrung a doll for a friend, a BBB Charisma.
      I made a knot in the string, the hook was inside too, and then I pulled it through the head only to realize the knot was actually too thick.
      Instead of loosing it I just kept on pulling and pulling...when suddenly the knot opened and I smashed my own fist into my right eye :XD:
      I was complaining and sobbing like a baby while my friend was just laughing and had a hard time calming down again.

Same friend, another doll, this time an Iplehouse Luo.
      We had to re-string him because he had a wobbly leg, only to realize shortly before we were finished that we accidentally had his legs swapped.
      Second try, we finished stringing him, my friend makes the knot and stands him on the ground....when suddenly the knot looses and the doll falls completely apart into the single pieces :XD:
      We were both just screaming "NOOOOOOO" and let her boyfriend re-string the doll, stringing an EID twice is just too exhausting :I

19. Yesterday I took my RD Sol named Shadow on an outing to Joann fabrics. Nothing extraordinary happened there, but when I went to lunch afterwards I got a lot of funny reactions. One person exclaimed "She's got a troll!" before scampering away, one fellow asked if he had a job, and one of the workers on break told me that I should "Get a real one." I laughed at that last one and told her, "But then I would need to feed it!" She appreciated that.

20. Back around Christmas I ordered my DikaDoll Shall. After waiting and waiting and waiting he finally arrived and I was playing around with his posing because he has that awesome 5-part torso (no bites yet, thank god!) and because a couple people had asked for pictures.

I stood him up nice and solid on my kitchen table where the lighting is best, glanced away for a split to grab my camera and turned back just in time to see him HURL himself over backwards onto the nice hard kitchen table. The BANG was so loud it gave me a heart attack - and the first day I'd had him, too! Cue frantic doll inspection and thankfully he wasn't even marked. It looked like nothing had happened at all.