1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny/Horrible BJD Stories

Jul 22, 2011

1. LOL!! oh gosh that is a good one.

2. Anyone have any funny or creepy doll stories they would like to share? I'll go first:

I live in a studio apartment in university housing. The only place I can go to spray/sand outside is the (shared) outdoor stairwell/fire escape.

Last night, I was headed outside to spray some MSC, had a half face mask on and everything. There is a couple sitting in the stairwell and talking/smoking. The second they see me in the respirator, before I can say a word, they get really panicy and extinguish their cigarettes.

I assure them that it's fine, I'm just spraying some pretty toxic stuff that I really don't want to breathe in, and I'll go to a different stairwell and they're fine to keep smoking.

Somehow, they did not seem very relieved.

3. HAHA! That's so hilariously awkward! Here's a funny story about one of my boys-

When I got my first doll, a Loongsoul Wolf-Farkas, I didn't understand what they meant by "Special Parts"... so I was quite taken aback when he arrived with a little bag full of them, in different shapes and sizes if you know what I'm saying.

My Grandma was over that day and she was looking at Farkas. When she found the bag of... ehem... special parts, she picked it up and said, "Oh what a dear little bag! Are these his fingers?"
      The rest of my family gave me a sharp look so I just nodded and smiled, hoping she wouldn't put two and two together :P

And for a creepy story, I once dreamed that August, my Impldoll Gnaeus, was standing beside me, watching me as I slept. He was tugging on the curtains beside my bed. I woke up and, although I swore he had really been standing there, I figured it was just one of those vivid dreams I have from time to time.

But in the morning I found that he had fallen over in the night, over the other side of the room!! I was pretty cruddy scared.
      [​IMG]
      "I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!" says August. Okay, well I added that last bit. But I was pretty freaked out!!!

#83 zoziejane, Jan 21, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    4. Zoziejane and Orlien, both your stories are hilarious! And super awkward, I could only imagine what my family would do if they saw some "special part"! :nowords:
      And your is very handsome :D

I have a pretty funny/cute story; I have a Soom Dia boy named Aris and he is SUPER loosely strung so it's common for him to fall over. I was doing a photo shoot with him and his lover James, and afterwards I sat them together (only their shoulders were touching at this time). I left for a few hours, and when I came back... Aris had fallen over slightly, and his nose was buried in James' hair! I thought it was too adorable! I know the loose strings are to blame, but I like to think that Aris wanted to cuddle ;)

5. I have a story very similar to @zoziejane

I was taking my Dragondoll Cheng in from the car when his "special part" came off in the garage....right in front of my grandmother!

6. I've got one for creepy. My spare bedroom has become my doll room. It's located upstairs in the corner of the house, over the dining room. We hear a lot of pops and thuds coming from that room, sometimes it sounds like footsteps. Logically, it's probably the house settling. But the house is 11 years old, and I didn't notice the noises until I had a large collection set up in there, so it still sort of creeps me out sometimes. It's like the dolls are partying up there, but somehow manage to clean it all up before I open the door!

7. Wow, lots more "special part" stories than I imagined xD

I felt a little awkward when my doll first came in the mail and was sitting stark naked on my desk for two weeks. I felt like a little bit of a perv (which is odd, because I am a straight woman and the doll was female, but still).

@CloakedSchemer, that sounds a little bit like the plot of Toy Story.

8. Haha oh my gosh, how cute!! I love that story <3 Thank you, I'm glad you like my August!

That's both creepy and cool at once! I must be messed up because I get really excited about the idea of dolls coming to life :P

#88 zoziejane, Jan 22, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    9. Mostly just funny/awkward. I was outside doing some furious sanding a couple of days ago in a respirator and goggles with black nitrile gloves and the whole deal and some contractor dudes came through to check the gutters (I get a notice about stuff like that but it usually has a general "we're going to do this within this week-long period" vibe so it was just unlucky that I happened to be out there at exactly that time.) I looked up and they were just standing there staring at me, no idea how long they had been there. I waved awkwardly without saying anything and they both waved back weakly, apologized for bothering me and gave me a very wide berth as they moved on to the next unit. Luckily I was sanding wet so there wasn't a whole lot of stuff flying around, I was a bit worried they might have breathed some of it depending on how long they were gawking.

Realized I had serious mad scientist hair going on because of the goggles and the head strap on the respirator and also what appeared to be a small human torso in my hand, which is probably what they were trying to figure out.

10. My room is upstairs and therefore my dolls are upstairs too.
      Everyone but my dad was away this one time and he later told us he had heard noises from upstairs. Like foot steps.
      We would all say it was my iguana, cause she sure can stomp like a xenomorph - despite being so small! But it was late, and my iguana is pretty much dead to the world at that time, and once she settles in my room she does not move either.
      The funny (creepy?) thing is, at that time I had noted, like a day or so before, that my then SD boy was all dirty under his feet. Like he had been running around getting his feet dirty...:huh?:

That SD was secondhand, so his feet could have been stained/dirty when I got him, and just skipped past my inspection.
      Like your story, @CloakedSchemer, our house is also old. But it is a funny thought or, as in my case, a funny coincidence!

11. @Yumeiro It's definitely a weird feeling hearing those 'footsteps'. I'm sure there has to be an explanation. I haven't had any damage or movement except noticing a chunk out of an SD coat for no reason. I still haven't figured out how that happened.

12. A funny story from this week...

My mother commented jokingly that she couldn't deal with all the cleavage being displayed by my new Lacrima...

... And this is what I came home from work to find...

[​IMG]

(It's not immediately obvious - but she'd carefully placed a piece of lace over her breasts! :lol: )

13. I have a funny one from a sleep over. I had my best friend stay over with me at my moms and she wanted to see my dolls so I brought my girls and we decided to take them outside for their first photo shoot. Haylee was a brat. She wouldn't sit up for nothing and she was in a chair so I had a back she just threw her legs and flopped over. Finally she gets her photo shoot chance and Shea standing there we are happy and suddenly out of the blue she springs off the porch and we launched ro catch her all of us nearly falling into the bushes. Thank goodness we saves her. When we took a picture of the girls together and Haylee was so ready to just knee Rouge in the butt we could not get that leg down. It would be down and slowly start lifting to the butt. We had just restrung Her so her strings were just doing everything and it was too funny.

14. I had my kind of hyper girly boy siiting on my shelf and decided to let him hold a gingerbread heart as kind of a pun.
      It was gifted to me by my girlfriend, was all pastelly pink and it said "Princess" in our language on it.
      It was safely tuck between his legs (he was sitting sideways) and leaned against the wall.
      It was there like a whole week or longer but one evening, when I was sitting in the living room talking to my gf the heart was flinged down very forcefully. All the letters were crumbled and you couldn't even read "princess" if you would have known it was written on it.
      You know, I am not that kind if doll owner who talks to their dolls and stuff, but this situation was just so so so strange.
      He hasn't moved at all. There was no way the heart could have fallen this far away from the shelf just by gravity.
      Not This far, not this fast and not with so much force.

#94 Prince Whitemare, Jan 27, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    15. So, today, I finally got my ResinSoul Mei, Igorina, in the mail. This only being my second doll, I was unprepared for how tightly strung she was. In retrospect, so was Sonia when she got here. She's loosened up over time.

I was even less prepared, however, for the fact that, when I went to take her out of her travel bag, her head popped off in my hand. The rest of her body was safely intact, but the hole in the bottom of her head was perfect for letting it come off. So instead of having my doll and taking hold of her neck, I had her head and nothing else. Perhaps its because she's a Igorina (race of mad-scientist assistants and medics from Discworld) but she looked for all the world as if she was mildly exasperated and waiting for me to just put the blessed thing back!

16. I have a funny one. So i got a resinsoul mei recently and my mom originally did not like my girl. She didnt understand why i wanted a naked bald elf running around the house. I was talking to my mom about making Lorelei(my mei) a bed. My moms face lit up. Now i cant get her to stop suggesting things for loreleis room. Also she keep going in my room and messing with her. Ill come home after work and she will be in her new bed instead of on the couch where i left her. Sometimes shes even tucked in. I dont think my mom knows that i know shes going in my room and moving her around but hey as long as she isnt doing anything bad with her im fine.

17. I don't have any funny stories that I can think of, but the most horrible BJD-related thing to happen to me was when my Latidoll Largo arrived. The box Lati shipped him to me in was made up of random box parts they taped together that was falling apart, and his actual box was falling apart at the seams as well (keep in mind that he was completely new from Lati). When I opened the box, things weren't much better. His faceplate was not properly secured, and had fallen off during shipping causing his elf ear to break. I'm pretty forgiving as I understand things can happen during shipping, but all of this combined was just completely unacceptable for a company. They did finally agree to send a new faceplate to me which I appreciate. I do love my Largo very much though and I'm glad I have him.

18. Well, most of my stories funny or otherwise involve Lue, one of my Volks Kohaku MSDs, since he's the doll that always travels with me, and the one that I interact with the most.

The first story involves a run in that Lue had with my eldest dog Max. Max was still pretty young at the time, and I guess he found Lue a little too "uncanny valley" for his liking.;)
      He would stare and growl at Lue, especially if Lue happened to be sitting someplace where Max wasn't expecting him to be. It probably didn't help that Lue was usually high up and looking down on Max, either. ;)

Finally, Max seemed to be getting used to Lue, he'd had several supervised opportunities to sniff and examine Lue, and he was pretty much ignoring Lue.
      Anyway, one day Lue was sitting on the edge of my bed side table holding his current favorite stuffed animal, while I was busy getting ready for a convention or something.
      Max came wandering in and decided that he liked the looks of Lue's stuffed toy, and that Lue ought to be a pretty easy mark to steal from.... Lol, he sure underestimated Lue!
      Apparently Lue refused to let go of his stuffie, and fell with a loud crash, which scared the bejibbers out of poor Max. Lol, scared the bejibbers out of me too, as that was first time any of my dolls had fallen. I whirled around as soon as I heard the crash to find Lue lying in a heap on the floor, still hugging his stuffed toy, and Max hightailing it out of the bedroom for dear life.
      Lol, knowing Lue, he probably gave Max a good smack on the nose on his way down too, considering the smug look he had on his face when I picked him up. ;)
      No casualties, both dog and doll were perfectly fine, and ever since then Max has had a very healthy respect for my dolls, and he hasn't tried to steal anything from them since.:3nodding:

Stealing things from me, now that's another story! :lol:

My second story I'll share, is one I consider to be the funniest/oddest encounter that has happened so far, lol, it's a little bit on the "Say what?!?" side. ^_^

I was going through security at the airport, either the local one here in Hilo, or the one in Honolulu. I had Lue, of course, and he was traveling in his doll carrier. I had him dressed up in a nice dark three piece suit with a necktie and everything. I'd placed him carefully in his carrier with his little pillow under his head.....and what possessed me, I don't know, but I had given him a little silk rose to hold in his hands, before I covered him with his dark purple silk packing pillow. Now, at this point, I should point out that Lue's doll carrier is black and shaped like a coffin, complete with a large gothic cross on the front.;)

I placed Lue's doll carrier on the belt to go through the x-Ray machine and stepped through the metal detector. Now, it goes without saying that I'm keeping one eye on my stuff that is going through the x-Ray machine the whole time, not just because it's only common sense to keep an eye on your things in a situation like that, but also because I'm always curious to see the reactions of the people handling the x-Ray screening. ;)
      So I'm watching as I'm collecting up my shoes and stuff, as Lue's carrier comes out of the machine, at which point a very large Polynesian male TSA agent, as in pro linebacker large, carefully picks it back up, and runs the carrier through the machine a second time. Okay......this is not the first time that's happened.....but then he carefully picked it up again, took it over to the side, carefully unzipped it, and carefully pulled the pillow back and just stared at Lue for several seconds.....
      By now, I've claimed all the rest of my things, gotten my shoes back on, and am waiting and watching as the guy carefully covers Lue back up with his pillow and zips the case closed. He carefully and gingerly carries the case over to me with this solemn, strange look on his face, and as he hands me Lue's case asks me in all seriousness, if Lue and his case are some sort of religious item! Wha...??? 0_o
      Lol, I think I said something to the effect of "No, he's just a doll.", probably with an equally odd and solemn expression on my face.......while simultaneously my mind is like deadpanning, "Yeah, he's my dead husband, and he goes everywhere with me.". Lol! :lol:

#98 JRyu, Feb 12, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    19. A funny story:
      My family likes dolls, like porcelain or American Girls (Just way bigger, we even have a 90cm one at home), and when I was horribly sick my mom had to leave me home for work so she called my aunt to look over me until she's back.
      Long story short, I took my 70cm Jack the Ripper and the joyous look of "IS HE AN ANGEL" didn't come off my aunt because she never knew "Doll technology" got so improved.

20. A fun story:
      I just got my cat doll. My husband opened the box that she was in while I was doing something else. He didn't realize that the tail attaches by magnet and thought he broke it off. I could see the "yikes" look on his face from the corner of my eye. He then went to find some glue so he could glue it back on without me noticing. That's when I told him about the magnet.