1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Furniture for larger dolls?

Aug 31, 2008

1. I've actually seen a few things at antique stores that would probably fit an SD or 70cm doll. They are usually teddy bear chairs or made for porcelain dolls, which have different proportions so sometimes they still look a little awkward. I've never bought any because, like an idiot, I never have a doll with me when I go antiquing. But you should definitely check out the antique stores in your area, especially if they advertise selling toys and such.

2. I gave up on finding a couch which was large enough for my Ark and DZ Hong and made my own. Though I am lucky and have an upholstery store nearby to get the foam.
      [​IMG]

Damask The Laurel Crown furniture looks wonderful, but that price tag is too high.

Check toy stores regularly too. I found a generic doll tea set which had some chairs and a small table. They were a great fit for my SD girls.

4. Thank you! I just finished the last bits of hand sewing on the pillows last night.

It wasn't that hard to construct as it's mostly just 1.5" sheets of foam stacked. It's modeled on one of our couches. I'm thinking about trying something more elaborate, or at least less modern, in the future.

Yah, none of my dolls are Victorian types either, but I still love the look myself.

5. Wow! If you ever feel like taking commissions from people outside Spain, please PM me, Aquarina!

6. May i third a heartfelt wooow for that coach, Oubliette?

7. I bought a couple of kingstate couches on ebay, and also another handmade couch from someone else on there. The best way to find them is to click on the dolls + bears catagory, then furniture. If you just look in the dollfie catagory, you won't find a huge selection. I think they were advertised as teddy bear and american girl couches. If you look at the measurements, you should be fine. My dolls range from MSD up to MA, and they look so cute on them!

8. If you do something like a fainting couch or chaise, I'd buy it. :) I know shipping is going to be hellish but I'd be willing to pay for that.

Probably not.:sweat It's 1/2 size and I don't think even a Mecha Angel would look porportionate much less an SD13. But...it's so cute!

9. Not metal, but... http://www.amazon.com/Badger-Toys-Canopy-Doll-Bed/dp/B0007ZKN6E

It's the right length. 60cm is 23-ish inches, so the SD doll would be cozy!

~Angelkitty

10. That sofa is awesome! Maybe you should give instructions on how you did it. I'm quite sure others would would be interested enough to try it ...I know I would. Of course, if you're planning on taking commissions then it best not to give away the secrets ...lol!

11. All those sites are very helpful. Some pricey I guess, but never the less this thread is helpful. When I get my 70 cm doll he's gonna need some thing to sit in and I'd prefer to get him his own chair. I never would have thought to look at dog furniture!

12. I hope I posted this int ehr giht place... well, is anyone else having trouble finding nice furniture for their SD-sized doll? I've looked everywhere for Victorian-looking furniture that would fit my doll, but everything seems to be made for tinies. The American Girl furniture looks nice, but it's made for 18" dolls so I don't know if it would fit exactly properly. Also, I did look first on ABJD comparny sites and they seem to be out of furniture for SD-sized dolls (well Volks and Dollmore seemed so.) So I was wondering, does anyone know where I can find nice furniture for an SD, that's not necessarily made for them?

13. eBay has some great furniture if you search "doll sofa," "doll chair," etc. Some of it looks identical to what Volks carries but at a fraction of the price! Also, typing "doll wicker" will bring up a lot of cute wicker rocking chairs, tables, etc. You just have to go through the listings and look for the right size for your dolls. For SDs, the best fit seems to be chairs or sofas that are 15"-16" tall.

Also, I love gardening benches! Collections Etc. usually has super-cute benches that fit SDs really well. I got this one there, too. It would look better if I made a cushion for it but it fits them great:

http://www.centurytheaters.com/

14. WaT bout volks? is the furniture of good quality?

15. I just scored a director's chair for my Yumi-tan on eBay. You can find just about anything you want there if you are patient and you are good at searching. She is going to be SOOOOOO happy when she gets it, particularly after I finish writing her name in Kanji on the backrest.

16. This is a bit late, however I have had wonderful success getting my own designs of doll furniture made from Etsy and Ebay folks. I found a doll bed maker on Ebay who made really foo-foo stuff for American Girls, however I approached him about some custom designs and he has been more than wonderful to work with. I now design my own furniture and have him create it. I then paint it myself. I also work directly with an Etsy artist to have her sew bed stuff and make couches. So! long post summed up: Look for artists on Ebay or Etsy who sort of make what you want, and then ask them about custom items :)

17. I am interested in making some SIMPLE custom items if you'd like to share my into with them.