1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Furniture for larger dolls?

Aug 31, 2008

1. Yes, the items made specifically by Volks are absolutely amazing. They are just gorgeous in person. I own Isao's Chair and the white Victorian style loveseat.

2. I apologize if this is a repeat suggestion, but I find tons of furniture at Goodwill, Savers, and other such chains. A lot of jewelry containers and old doll furniture gets dumped into these markets and can be bought incredibly cheaply, so normally it's not too frightening to attempt to customize or fix them up a bit. If you're willing to work on the pieces a bit you can get some really great stuff there!

3. I've found that for furniture-hunting, it's a very good idea to frequent antique stores ... although I tend to draw funny looks because 1) I'm lugging around a big ol' ball-jointed doll, and 2) I'm practically the only teenager puttering around amongst all of the more elderly shoppers. XD;; That aside, however, I've so far found two very attractive chaise longues -- both of them in antique or jewelry/novelty shops -- and they're a perfect fit for my long-limbed 70 cm boys.

For the curious, here's a picture of one of my chair finds (although Vyvyan's kimono sleeve is obscuring the higher back part of the chair): http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/sheuzheiproih/punkimono.jpg

Of course, being antique store items, they come a little dusty, and you can expect some small nicks and chips in the wooden portions. However, these are typically an easy fix with some wood finish, and besides, they're often pretty unique -- and they come considerably cheaper than the $50+ SD furniture I usually see online. ^^;;

4. Thank you so much for the furniture info. I was having so much trouble finding anything. The antique shops was a wonderful idea.

5. Wow all of the links are wonderful! Too bad I wish I had $420 to spend on such a pretty sofa!
      I know Wondermom makes stunning sofas and chairs for BJDs--But I could only imagine how much the shipping costs would be from Korea *cries* (I'm not sure if wondermom takes international customers....*wonders* Here's the link to the sofa (which can sit 3 BJDs and here's the link to the chairs~

6. WOW! The purple in both of those are just jaw dropping. I love those. I think I'll have to go shopping around antique shops, yard sales and flea markets though.

7. Wow, those Wondermom sofas and chairs are amazing! :o All the furniture I've gathered for my dolls was usually $10-$15 at the local Ross, but they don't seem to carry any anymore.

I did, however, see two very large chaise lounges in the window display of a shop (I think it a jewelry, or beads and things store) when I was in NYC last month - on 5th ave, somewhere between 28th & 23rd. They could've easily fit an 80cm doll, I'm sure! I really wanted to ask if they'd consider selling them, but I was on my way to dinner, and it was also pouring rain at the time, so I didn't take out my camera to grab a photo. :<

8. LOL! I just bought a metal bed from ebay for my doll and she's still in layaway. It's so pretty though. It's a cat/dog bed with metal frame and leopard print cushions. It was perfect. If it's not the right size I can always give it to the cat or my sons dog, so it's not a total loss. I just had to have it though.

Anyone else ever done that, bought something for your doll and then sit and hope it works when your doll arrives?

9. Awww I know that all to well! I bought a bed off dollmore and it's actually a pet bed. I also bought a couch but it's too small for Emma so on looking into a pleather couch.

10. Hi,
      does anyone knows where to find an SD sized chaise longue?
      For those not knowing what that is: a chaise longue is a greek style sofa with one arm.

Like this: [​IMG]

11. (repost)

Most of the BJD sites I go to are out of the furniture that I want. So I've resorted to looking at Teddy Bear furniture, Mini Garden Furniture (More like mini chair plant stands), Kids Furniture (Which only seems to get me plastic fisher price stuff) and Pet Furniture. I thought about getting creative with this one and putting pillows on the back but my guy is too big for it. And I want something where his feet can dangle down comfortably. Would he even look right in the Volks sofas due to his long legs?

[​IMG]

What should I look for as far as measurements? Something in the range of 18 to 24inches tall? My guy is 30inches.

Any other ideas on where I can find furniture (for a 1/3 scale SD13+ boy)?

Thank You