1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

GEM of Doll 40-45cm part 1

Aug 13, 2016

1. How are you liking your Andisi!? I have a full set ordered on the way as well and I’m super excited. I also have a second hand Dedo who is super sweet.

2. Does anyone have pics of Gem of Doll 44cm Mary? I would love to see some.

3. I found this helpful video by Dollybammy showing Violet and Mary in Daphne's outfit. Thanks, Dollybammy:
      Does anyone have Mary's outfit? I'm not sure which one I like better.

4. I recently ordered Capricorn (or is it Shipher?) through ACBJD. I hope the silver grey wig I have will fit her.

5. I just got a second hand Andisi. I love the body but absolutely hate the face-up. I don't have the full set - maybe it looks better with the original clothes, but that face just will not go with any clothes I have. But I just can't bring myself to wipe the company face up. Is it just me? What do other people think of her face?

6. Your Andisi is so cute! Mine also has the company face-up but it's totally different! The dark shading across her eyes is so dark it's like she's wearing a mask! I hate it. Maybe lighter eyes would help.
      [​IMG]Gem of Doll Andisi by Victoria Davis, on Flickr

7. I actually adore Andisi’s faceup but I also bought her for that reason. Because I like her aesthetic of being magical and forest-y and witchy. But don’t be afraid to make her your own!

8. Thank you. You made me think (ouch). I put her away last night and looked at her again this morning, and you have a really good point - magical and forest-y and witchy. She is what she is and my putting a frilly dress on her does not change who she is. I DID however, change her eyes and her wig. Now I'm working on an appropriate outfit for her. We are BOTH much happier.

9. Does any one have a Natasha they could post a picture of the factory face up? I love her in the production photos, but I have seen two owner pictures that look drastically different and it concerns me.

10. After over a year of waiting, she has arrived! I was worried that the wait would have made me fall out of love with her, but she won me over when she arrived again. I feel like running around and holding her over my head like that scene from the Lion King, haha.
      [​IMG]

11. @Magnus Vale Wow! What a gorgeous girl she is! And such a beautiful outfit too. Congrats on her long awaited arrival.:)

12. Congrats on your lovely girl's arrival @Magnus Vale ! It took me a moment to recognize the sculpt since she is so very different from mine.

13. @PoeticSoul Thanks so much! I actually bought the outfit from Luts several months before she arrived since I knew I wanted her to be red and black themed. I'm so glad it fit as well as it did when she arrived!

@Leo Pheonix Thanks! I definitely had an idea in mind for how I wanted to style her, so I got her blank. I'd been looking forward to customizing her as the character I was envisioning that I ended up doing her face up pretty quickly! I need to get her manicure and pedicure done soon, hopefully we'll have a better day for it soon. It's so fun to see how dolls of the same sculpt can look so different depending on clothes, wigs, and face ups!

[​IMG]
      Note to self, fix fly away hairs before taking pics, haha! I'm thinking of blushing the tips of her horns red too.

14. ...Well, at least the outfit and eyes I bought for her fit pretty well. The wig isn't meant to be the final one, hers isn't here yet.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I was originally planning to do her faceup over the week-end, but I gotta admit, the missing horns have dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. I guess I will wait for Christina to answer first, before I do anything.

15. I just realized I haven't shared my Capricorn here yet. In a dress I made for her in December. She's got different eyes now, but here's my Jalaa.
      [​IMG]

16. @EagleVision1999 I hope that they get back to you soon with an update! The horns are lovely, so I'd be super sad if they forgot to include them! I really like your girl's aesthetic so far, the dress is gorgeous!
      @Leo Pheonix Aw, she's wonderful! I love that wig on her, the volume looks great with the horns!

I ended up getting another wig for Artemesia, I wanted one that would show off the design on her forehead. I really like the color on this one.
      [​IMG]

17. @Magnus Vale [​IMG]Well, they did claim they included them, but Christina says she'll order a new pair for me (after telling me to go through all the bubblewrap again...which I had already neatly folded in a pile). So I'll get them I just don't know when.

Anyway, I was prepared to do a faceup on the week-end, so I did take her out. Felt kinda bad to just leave her blank. Here's the result so far.
      [​IMG]
      I'll have to reconsider her lipshape a bit, maybe. She's a bit severe looking as is. I tried to give her sad eyebrows, too, but I think I'll need to exaggerate the shape more if I want that to come across. I'll have to think about it some more.

18. Hi guys, I wish to revive this thread to report that Capricorn looks really pretty in Luts clothing. The dress is ultimately intended for Gaia (who I don't have here yet) but I felt compelled to try it on Capricorn to make sure it actually fits that body. Which it mostly does, just a bit loose around the bust, but not enough to look ill-fitting. I really like it. I had an eye on it for a while and when it went for sale recently I just had to get it.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      In unrelated news her horns are currently in transit. Soon she'll be complete. I also blushed her hands but I don't have any good photos of that. I'll take some when her horns are here.

19. My Gem of Doll Hades fullset has finally arrived…and he’s everything I’d hoped for!:D He’s my first doll from Gem of Doll and wow! I’m so impressed with the quality of everything. His resin is wonderful, his faceup and body blushing are sheer perfection, and his outfit is to die for! The only thing I changed was his wig from the original brown to this lovely pale green/blonde one from Luts. This is my dryad, Willow.

[​IMG]

20. The green wig you chose does look nicer than the one from the fullset. Very pretty.