1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

GEM of Doll 40-45cm part 1

Aug 13, 2016

1. He's gorgeous! Gem of Doll really is high quality, especially their beautiful clothing!

2. It's a miracle! My Capricorn now has horns!:lol:

[​IMG]

However, getting them on was a whole other ordeal. The horns arrived with two sets of magnets, but they weren't inserted into the horns yet. So, first I have to glue them in and of couse they don't quite fit into the designated opening...So I scrape it bigger with an exacto knife and put them in. So now they're complete, but there's another problem. The magnets are weaklings. I had to mark the place her magnets are inserted into her head onto the wig and then make sure there's as little as possible of her wig between the two magnets...The horn on the left is only kept upright by the braid in the wig, the other one stays on a bit better. When I'm absolutely sure what her final wig will be I will modify that wig to have holes where the horns attach are for better stability.
      Anyway I'm still super happy, she looks great with horns!

3. He looks so good! I also just got my Gem of Doll Hades! I didn't get the full set so he was just shipped off for a faceup and body blushing but I absolutely LOVE how it looks in the full set!

4. Hello, it's me again. I own three Gem of Doll girls now.
      I just got Aurora today and she's delightful. Her magnetic parts stay on way better than my Capricorn's for one thing. She also comes with two extra magnets, so this isn't just something they did with my Caprocorn's horns but something they routinely do. Nice!
      But also! She has detachable ears! This makes sense because her fantasy ears are magnetic, as stated in her product description. I just assumed these magnetic fantasy ears would attach in addition to the human ones. But they don't, they can be switched instead. Which is obviously the best solution, I've just never seen that before. If I had a metal fridge I'd be tempted to stick her human ears on it.
      The fantasy parts can be switched between left and right, so if someone did not like the intended orientation they could theoretically switch it around.
      I also really appreciate that Gem of Doll always include pretty glass eyes, and nice eyelashes. Not those super long ones cut to size (like Ringdoll) but the kind you can buy in pairs. I did not use them for Capricorn and Gaia because they both have white eyelashes, but I will use them for Aurora. The eyes she wears are the ones that were included with Gaia.
      I will probably paint her on the week-end.

Here are some pictures:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG][​IMG]

5. She's super cute. The magnetic ears are such a nice idea!

Gem of Doll is really one of my favorite companies, I think. Even if I don't personally buy a sculpt of theirs, always I love seeing them.

6. @EagleVision1999 Congrats on getting your Capricorn's horns! And on getting Aurora too! Both those girls are in lovely dresses. My Capricorn Jaala is a little jealous.

7. @EagleVision1999 Both your girls are truly lovely! Your Capricorn has such a sweet face…love those lips! And with those extra parts, it offers so much variety to her overall look. Gotta love Gem of Doll!:)

8. @RinSetsua This is how I feel about their 1/3 dolls. Love to look at them, would never own one thougj.

@Leo Pheonix Thank you. Didn't your Jaala have a lovely green dress? Cute dresses are my weakness, it's what I go for the most.

@PoeticSoul I think Capricorn has a very interesting expression, it's why I went for her. That, and her horns. She was super difficult to paint though.

Here's the third girl, so I've got everyone in this thread now.
      [​IMG]

9. Yes, Jaala does have a green dress, but she's currently in a t-shirt and shorts. I need to make her more clothes!

10. @EagleVision1999 Your Gaia is lovely too…love the faceup! I’m really looking forward to seeing how you do the faceup on your new Aurora. She’s already adorable even blank, and I love all her extra parts. She’s bound to make a fabulous character.:)

11. Some progress has been made...I'm not done with the horns yet, I think they'll need another layer of pearl pain and then some shading with iridescent pastels. But not today, I'm out of concentration. I think it looks decent enough for her to stay this way for a few days.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. Oooohhh, nice!:)

13. Anyone here got Lanska? I'm tempted for his Fullset since I first saw him :XD:

14. I been tempted every time I see him, and I don't NEED a boy but he's so dreamy. :blush
      His outfit is so pretty, too!

15. I just realized that I never posted him here, here's my Chris! I absolutely adore this boy, he's so pretty. Ended up swapping out his fullset wig for one I thought matched his ears and tail better. Gem really did a gorgeous job on his body blushing and tattoos too!
      [​IMG]

16. He’s so gorgeous! I’m thoroughly impressed with the lovely job Gem of Dolls does with their fullsets. It’s great to see a company follow through with such lovely examples.:)

17. I would be interested in Lanska fullset photos, too! :)

18. Are the waiting times Gem mentions on their dolls realistic?

"Making time:
      nude doll:1-2 months
      fullset:3-4 months
      outfit:2-3 months"

I've been eyeing Chris since he was released and he's in sale on their page right now so I'm super tempted to finally snag him. The full set is too fantasy looking for me (although gorgeous!) so I'd likely go with the nude doll option.

Also does anyone have one of gem's dolls in tan and could compare it to for example Myou coffee or Luts real skin brown? I'm trying to figure out how light/dark it really is.

19. The times for blank dolls are realistic. None of my girls took longer than about a month.

I'm pretty sure Gem of Doll's brown skin is darker than Myou Doll's coffee. Not sure about Luts. It's also fairly reddish.

20. Redid Artemesia's face up today because her lip lines were too thick and were driving me nuts. I ended up making her a lot more cheerful looking than intended, although I do like it.
      [​IMG]