1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gem of Doll Discussion

May 8, 2020

1. Alice's collections has picture of the beast body without clothes :drool the only thing I'm unsure is that the other arm has that... thingy on it, it's really cool but I'm unsure if I'd like that in use all of the time. Wonder if they'd agree to add an extra normal arm if requested?

2. I bit the bullet and ordered Taurus Carlos (Beast Ver.) from Alice's collections! :D I brought his full set with body blushing. He really is the cutest little thing, I love his eye shape and the rounded nose with a little point is perfect.

I got him in tan cause he looked so pretty in that colour, it works so well with his fur but the white was so cute with the blending too. He looked like a sheep. :XD:

I thought the same. I decided to email Alice's collections asking if they could contact Gem and ask. Worse they can say is no so I thought it was worth a shot.

3. Good news! You can get the human right arm and hand with blushing as well as the human legs and feet through Alice's Collections.

Extra Options:
      * Human right elbow + forearm + hand (with blushing) cost USD30.
      * Human knees + lower legs + feet (with blushing) cost USD52.
      * You can use this USD1 page to add them.

I've just bought both, super excited for my boy to be able to switch. This way he's able to wear shoes if I ever feel like it!

4. yay they added more pics.

Yeah i'm not sure about the horned bit on the hand. The gauntlet bit is cool though.
      I love his tail. I'm kinda sad the girl doesn't get a tail. She has such cute sculpted boots but a tail would be just *chef's kiss* lol.

If I had the cash I think i'd opt for the human legs and arm too. Keep the tail though, I do like the tail. Hehehe.

5. I ordered through Gem and got the human set Olita, but asked if I could add the horns to it and they said yes; it was 25$.

6. I saw Taurus today and fell in love! A full set is out of my price range at the moment, but if I can budget for it, I might get the human version with a face-up and body blush. I'm new to the company, how long is the usual wait time for dolls from them? I'd assume over 6 months.

7. I waited less than 2 months for my girl a couple of years back
      Looking at the waiting room it looks like it's still pretty fast. Though of course, the brand new sculpts will tend to take a bit longer as they have more of them to do.
      There don't seem to be any recent updates, the last update was March. But that was about a 3 month wait. So hmm.
      I'd say "estimate for 6 months, be pleasantly surprised if it's earlier" is the way to go lol.

8. Thanks, that's a big help! 2-3 months is a lot quicker than I expected, but I imagine buying a new doll could tack on a lot of wait time. I'm still not sure if I should get him as I'm still waiting on another preorder from Alice's... but I'm really smitten with him lol!

9. Carlos's beast version is actually perfect for one of my characters, so definitely want to grab him! Going to be getting the human right arm, though, the gauntlet is a wee bit too much with the spike. Such a pretty pair of dolls, usually I don't like most Taurus themed things despite it being my star sign.

10. Also dealers will take a little longer because they're waiting for multiple dolls, not just yours. I ordered direct via facebook weirdly enough lol. Gem responds pretty quick over there.

11. Yeah, I assumed that would be the case! I'm okay with that, especially since I was anticipating like 8 months of wait time to start

12. I was tempted to get the taurus beast Fullset +human arm and legs so I can switch around.
      Then I recognized I would have to restring him every time I want to change it..
      Now I feel it would be better to decide on one version :sweat

13. I typically go for more realistic human characters but I saw beast Carlos and fell in love with his little face and his fluffy feet and for once I really want the fullset and I am so, so tempted.

14. Gem are doing a gatcha thing which looks like you get a special offer of $160 but you pick 3 dolls and they send you one of those three.
      Could be a good deal if there's several you're having trouble chosing from.

15. I decided to take a gamble with the gatcha, my picks were Ade, Bmoth and Chris. We'll see which one I'll get in couple of months! I figured that even if I end up with one I'm not too fond of I do love the look of their bodies and have bodiless dolls who will gladly claim it for themselves so it's a win-win no matter what happens. :XD:

16. Well, I'm all out of doll monies, would be incredibly tempting otherwise :XD:
      I gambled with Dolk's lucky bags at the beginning of the year, but I was pretty sure what I was going to get in that case. Was fun though!

17. i decided to take a gamble with gachapon also for 1/4 ^^. i choosed Ade, Sleepìng sunflower or Sige human...what will happen???XD

18. Does anyone know if it's possible to order the standalone outfits from a dealer like Alice's Collections? Or would I need to order direct from Gem of Doll?

19. You could always email Alice's to ask. I've asked something similar before and she contacted the company to get an answer for me.

20. Since this thread has been used recently, I guess I'll comment. :)
      I've only ever had good experiences with GoD. I've ordered two dolls directly from them and two through Alice. I am waiting on my latest order still (Murch Human version), which I ordered through Alice because they had a better sale on him than Gem did directly, which surprised me, but it happens, I guess. I love every doll I've ever gotten from them, including the two I got second hand. Their fullsets are great, I think their dolls are adorable. They are easily my favorite company and I've never had a problem with them. My only problem is that I have a want list which is too intense for my wallet. (Currently really wish I could afford Yoly and Ade).