1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gem of Doll Discussion

May 8, 2020

1. My gatcha doll was apparently shipped the 13th day already and I had no idea until today when I got notification from the local delivery company telling me that they had to forward the package to a different pickup location but I can pick it up from there so I'll be getting it tomorrow. Is it gonna be Ade, Bmoth or Chris? I'm so excited to find out! :dance my first doll from this company too, can't wait to play around with a new unfamiliar body~

2. I ended up getting Bmoth! Which at first was kind of a bummer since he was my least favorite option but after playing with his style a little he's growing on me :D he came with blue whatever creature eyes with black sclera and I wasn't vibing with them so I swapped them to these random anime eyes I have and think they look nice on him.

[​IMG]
      Unpainted for the time being but I want to give him a mischievous smile whenever I get to paint him.

3. @digi Congratulations, even if he wasn't your favorite.
      Lol, I wonder if Gem of Doll have a leftover stash of wacky eyes lying around, because I received some with my mermaid as well:lol: I'm hoping they'll fit into DollZone' Anson when she gets here.

4. @EagleVision1999 I think the eyes I got were really cool, just not the ones for him. I guess they indeed had bunch of them left and are putting them on all the dolls made now.

Oh also, I'm looking forward to their next girl, Nymph :D it's funny, I've been obsessed with the idea of getting one doll with elf ears but haven't found one I like yet and now they're teasing one who's about perfect for what I'm looking for. If I can get her in tan skin that'd be even better.

5. Sadly it looks like they're only offering Nymph in their two lighter colours, I would have liked to see a tan version! I'm seriously eyeballing Nymph as well. I sold my two SD size Asleep Eidolon fairy/elf dolls when I realised I didn't get on with that size and Nymph is very reminiscent of them but in the right size for me. :XD:

6. Unfortunately yes, but I asked them if it would be possible to order in tan anyway, still waiting for a reply and I won't be surprised if they say no but I figured that asking wouldn't hurt anything, if nothing else they at least get hinted that there is interest in darker colored dolls too.

Edit: they said it's possible! :D I'm going to place order for her later, I'm so excited!

#106 digi, Dec 10, 2023
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    7. I now have tan Nymph ordered, I'm so happy! :D now to check if any of my existing girl bodies is similar in size so I can start making clothes for her in already advance, she's going to be a Wood Elf!

8. Ooo nice! I wish they still offered their green, I should ask about that.

9. Warning Doll Nudity

[​IMG]

My Taurus Carlos arrived yesterday. I absolutely love him.

10. Aww those legs and that tail are so lovely, the rest of him is too of course but especially the legs and tail ♥

Gem of Doll has definitely jumped at the top of my favorite companies list this year, they keep putting out lovely doll after lovely doll, wish I had more fun money to spend on them all, at the moment I dream of Carlos and I'd love to have Wall and maybe even Beaz... But one doll at the time, next one will be the tan Nymph who I already have in order because I want a doll version of my wood elf cleric girl.

11. Oh, he is gorgeous, his detailing is fantastic! I can't wait to get mine too. Congratulations on your new arrival!

12. @digi : This is my first gem of doll and I am in love with the craftsmanship. I absolutely love how Carlos's ears are magnetic. Do all gem of dolls have removable magnetic ears?

I really want to get Hades sometime in the distant future. My doll budget is completely spent until 2025 though. Hopefully he doesn't get discontinued before then.

@Magnus Vale : Thanks. I hope you get yours soon. What resin colour did you order him in?

13. Got him in white, with face up and body blushing, so he'll take a bit longer. He's the perfect doll for one of my characters, I just need to track down a wig and such. The detailing is so gorgeous and the tail is perfect!

14. Oh wow, he's detailed! For some reason the level of detail in the sculpt itself didn't register in the dressed up pics on their site; I'm impressed. I'm also really curious to see their zodiac offerings in 2024. I'm very hopeful to see Leo and Sagittarius dolls.

15. @Magnus Vale: Wow he suits your character perfectly. Please share pictures when you get yours.

@Cryptid : This is my first gem of doll. How frequently do they release zodiac sculpts? Is there a certain amount each year or is it arbitrary?

Here is another picture that shows his tail better. It is ball joint and fully posable. I wasn't expecting that at all.

[​IMG]

16. I'm not sure of their exact schedule, but it seems like they have a good handful made so far. ...and looking at their site again, looks like they already hit Sagittarius. (Not a centaur, alas.)

17. I made a wig for my Carlos.
      [​IMG]

18. I finally caved and put BMoth's fullset on layaway during the sale. I love the three eyed head, plus it's octopus themed which is really neat. Can't wait to see him in a few months.

19. My only Gem of Doll is their Capricorn Shipher from 2021 who was a limited number of 70 each of fullset and basic. They had an Aries doll a while ago too. I'm interested to see what their take on Leo is, since I'm a Leo. Problem is I'm running out of space, so I'll have a problem finding a display spot if I like it!

20. Can someone show me how well the 1/4 bodies pose? I got a 1/6 Abner and his posing is awesome and now I'm eyeing some of their MSD too but I'm worried I might get sad if they don't pose that well ^^'

Like, can they sit without any tilting?
      Here's a Pic of what I mean, the knees just hold this position instead of snapping further away (making the dolls tilt forward if trying to sit like this)
      20240124_153147