1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. Do you really find it easier to find male clothes..I would of thought it a lot harder..most of the male clothes I love are so intricate with braiding etc to make them super special..love the long floating coats & of course I love boots..oh well after I get my girl Ill see whats round...lol.

2. Me? Yes. I think almost all the female clothes are just different kind of dresses.

3. I like some male sculpts from other owners that really make them shine out, but somehow I don't see myself with one. My own collection consists entirely of female dolls. ^_^

4. When it comes to sculpts, I am generally picky. I would say I am super picky when it comes to female dolls though. Dressing a female doll feels like dressing myself, so I find it too easy at times. There is a bit more of a challenge when it comes to dressing male dolls, so I do enjoy that. I definitely have a soft spot for the male dolls!

5. I strongly lean towards girls, and at the moment have only girl BJDs. I really like cute things and finding cute girl dolls and cute stuff like clothes for girl dolls is much easier.
      But I do want an SD17 boy or two someday.

6. I only have female dolls. Been like it since a kid. I had a Ken doll once when I was 10 years old but he didn't really appeal to me. For some reason all my dolls are female but some of my cuddly toys are boys lol such as my original pound puppy that's over twenty years old. I can't explain why, it is what it is hee hee.:lol:

7. The vast majority of my dolls are girls. I have 2 boy dolls. Though I have a couple boy floating heads. So I would- if I could- have 5 boys. Maybe 6. But that's still a minority given my overall collection which is pretty much girls.

8. It is odd...when I spend my time looking at dolls, it is always the boys. But when I go to buy...I always end up with a girl!

I currently have 9 bjds, and only two are male. If I count my entire doll collection of approximately 30 the number jumps to 4.

Yet I always look at the boys and say that's what I'm getting next. Maybe next time it will be!

#208 quidam, Sep 25, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    9. I have all girl dolls. I think it's because I have more fun picking out clothes and accessories for them than I would for male dolls.

10. I have no preference. I love both females and males. My first bjd will be a female. But after that one, I may get a smart doll or a male doll.

11. Girls, apparently. The first doll I ever bought was a boy. I thought I would be all over the idea of boy dolls. Instead, I just keep buying girls. Even when I see a head sculpt I love and it's a boy, I'm suddenly all, "No... no, you're going to be a girl." And then I put them on a girl body.

12. I like girls.
      I have 5 boys with nearly 30 girls.
      I think the reason could be that I want to dress them the way I dreamed for myself.

13. I myself prefer female dolls. I like their outfits and the soft and sweet looks. I always seem to fall in love with female sculpts over the male ones. However there are a lot of male sculpts I find awesome. It's just that I can never get them to work for me for some reason.

14. I definitely prefer female dolls over male dolls. I have one male doll, but I plan on selling him. I just like the fact that they can be super cute and beautiful, and for males I find myself thinking of more plain clothing.

15. I prefer girls, i really dont know why..... I must say the newer guys are nicer then the old sculpts...
      But i like to sew romantic....

16. I would like to write that I like everyone. But practice shows that I prefer men (boys) more than girls (women). Also I like androgynous characters.

17. My collection is entirely female but I will be adding my first male in soon.

18. Humm I have a girl and a boy...I like a lot more girl sculpts. When I actually like a boy sculpt I prefer the doll but it is harder for me to finds wigs and clothes I like.

19. Definitely female, I only have 1 male that is a match for one of my females and the rest are female.

20. I enjoy feminine faces better but male bodies. I have more female dolls actually though, I think. I just like them to have a certain look. I'm not sure why this is I suppose its just an aesthetic I enjoy. :XD: