1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. I have a few more boys than girls, but I think it has to do with me being way pickier about girl dolls these days. It seems like I can always find a boy that's like what I had in mind, but with girls, it's a struggle.

2. I like boys a little more, but I also like girls' skirts very much. I'll wear a girl's skirt for boys

3. I know i definitely have a bias towards male dolls over female dolls.
      For me female characters are either very hit or miss there isn't much in between i don't have that feeling with male characters as much i'm not totally sure why i am that why though i do still enjoy both and plan to collect both male and female!

4. I prefer girls. I've been playing with dolls since I was a toddler and had maybe 3 guys in my lifetime. I do not have anything against them, I am just use to the more feminine features.

5. I definitely prefer girls, I'm not totally sure why, I just like the aesthetic more, I'm planning on getting my first "male" sculpt and body eventually but modding it into a more androgynous/femminine character as well

6. Oh, I will only prefer boys. Simply because I’m a yaoi girl. XD

7. I only have an interest in male characters (so far), mostly because the idea of having a female doll is a bit uncomfortable to me. Not sure why! Probably something to do with the psychology of having complete control over a very realistic female body makes me (as a female) feel unsafe? Who knows.

Or, you know, to simplify it like @Furau -- I just love me the yaoi boys XD

8. Females all the way. Way more fashion versatility.

9. i generally prefer boys over girls as i find the have alot more shapes and sizes and alot of the time with girls i find their chests are eiter too big for what i want them for or they look a little werid? i dunno maybe its just me x3 but i also personally love makeing guys clothes so its nice and easy for me :)

10. i definitely prefer girls. i just love feminine sculpts and dressing them up in pretty dresses. plus i really dont know anything about boy clothes or styling so i wont even try at this point.

11. Large dolls are boys and the 42cm are girls

12. So far I've been interested in almost exclusively feminine molds? I think it mostly has to do with fashion possibilities. Fem clothes are just way cuter ;-;

However, I tend to like the boy face molds better, which I think has to do with my own general leaning towards androgyny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. I prefer boy dolls, but the girl/boy ratio is pretty even here (I have around 20 dolls now). Most of the resin dolls are male, but my DD girl dolls evens the collection out.

14. I have some male dolls in plans (even have two male heads waiting patiently for me to do something with them), but the majority of my collection and wishlist are girls - I just seem to have more ideas for female stylisations. Doesn't help that if I see a male sculpt I really like it tends to be either difficult to get or very expensive to buy!

15. I've always preferred girl dolls as a child and as an adult. Stumbling into bjds was the first time I ever entertained the idea of wanting to own a boy doll. It's was a really new feeling lol.

I'm also thinking about maybe only owning one doll that will have lots of characters and can play the role of both boys and girls. And I'm leaning towards a boy. It's easy disguising a boy into a girl with the help of padding.

So, now I've gone from never wanting a boy doll to possibly only wanting a boy doll :whee:. Life is full of surprises.

#375 theVelveteenRabbit, Sep 11, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    16. Right now it seems I'm more interested in boys, I'm really picky with girl dolls ? But theirs a lot of cute sculpts that are also hard to resist :')

17. Though I own one female doll and I like her very much—I prefer males. I enjoy sewing for them and male characters better hold my interest. I am simply awed by the masculine form and fascinated by the ways men tend to think. I know what it’s like to be female and I have been dressing up a female every day of my life. In ‘play’ the other side interests me more.

18. I think I prefer girls, I just don't really have much interest in guy bjd's for some reason.

19. I really like male dolls but I also want females, but that being said I've just been putting my guy in a dress

20. I tend to be more drawn to boy dolls; there are lots of girls out there that are amazing, but only one has ever screamed "I need this doll" to me! But sadly she is limited edition and I haven't found her anywhere second hand.