1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. I don’t have a preference and I definitely want to have both. Currently I have two girls with a boy on layaway. But the next two dolls I want are girls so.. maybe I do have a leaning haha-

I love all the clothing options for girls but I also love a good fantasy guy outfit... I guess girls are easier to outfit for me so I need more for maximum dressup potential!

2. At first I was sure that I would only own boys and as almost always when I say something like "I will totally never ever..." it came otherwise. My first on-topic doll turned out to be an Iplehouse I. I saw her on asale-post on facebook and instantly knew that I wanted to have her :3nodding:
      Right now I am back to "I have no preference at all"... I don't even care if my dolls have a gender at all... :lol: I guess I will have to wait wait what comes up next to my mind:cheer

3. I definitely prefer to have girl dolls! My current count is 6 girls to 1 boy. When I first started buying dolls, I originally thought I wanted an equal number of boy and girl dolls. In practice, I found that alot of the doll's appeal to me is in dressing them up, and I don't have much fun with the boy clothes.

4. boys are the best! (to me) although i do like female dolls, it's just that i haven't found a sculpt i love so much yet

5. I like androgynous dolls:lol:

6. I’d like to have many boys, at least 5 boys and 1 girl. Becuase I like to otome game and animations. I want to creat a family like
      diabolik lovers and Wander of Fortune. Anyone is the same with me?:XD:

7. I'm a big otome game fan too! My family is planned out as all boys, but who knows where it'll go someday. I am not a girl, so some people find it a little funny that I really like otome games, but playing Nameless otome by Cheritz is what convinced me to leap into the doll hobby!:whee:

8. I’m glad that I could find someone has the same thoughts with me:3nodding:I also want my dolls to cosplay the characters in the game or anime movies:XD:But I think it will be need a lot of works:sorry

9. Always been leaning towards male dolls, it's only in recent years that I've gotten a few girls home. Never saw much appeal in girl dolls, so never took an interest in them personally, until I got an AngellStudio Dana home.

10. I’m only interested in girl dolls mostly cause all my characters are females who are in love with eachother lol ✌︎('ω')✌︎

11. Female they have just always been more fun for me.

12. My preference has always been an even mix, but now I’ve got three girls and one boy :XD: I enjoy sewing for my girls more, so there’s that, too.

13. I only collect female dolls.
      I can appreciate the craftsmanship of male dolls but they aren't appealing to me.

14. Beside a little pukifee boy I own girls. I wish I could bond with a guy but nope - that never happened It would be so cool to have a couple...

15. So far all my dolls are male. But I think many female dolls are also very cute. I have my eyes on couples of the 1/3 size girls. I would like to have one of them in the future.

16. I think I prefer male dolls because they all look very different, while I think sometimes female dolls can look alike. Or maybe I am just lonely and like the company of extremely handsome dolls lol

17. Im not sure why but I've always preferred female dolls, i do plan to get a male doll in the future, i just haven't found one i like yet ;_;

18. I know I specifically have a preference for male dolls, but I'm incredibly picky, and when one does come out that interests me, I never seem to have the money. BUT I am fairly new to the hobby so I probably just need time to save up. :p My only doll at the moment was a gift from my sister, I didn't choose her, but she is lovely nonetheless. I ordered my first doll of my own choice recently because I thought she was downright adorable, the Muriel anniversary from luts, still awaiting her arrival. Amusingly how because I am so picky I still have yet to have a male doll that I definitely seek and I keep second guessing my decision. I am sure with time I will find the right one(s), but we will see. I think one just got announced recently, but sadly don't have the funds for him. :( With time! Sorry to ramble. :sweat

19. I definitely prefer males. I have only seen a handful of female sculpts that I like but tons of male sculpts that I just adore

20. I personally prefer to own girl dolls because I like dressing them up and the general aesthetic of feminine clothes. Even with more oversized and boyish clothes, I love how they look on more feminine faces and hair styles. I like the appearance of male sculpts in pictures but I don't think I would buy one.