1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. I'm about equal in males & females, love them both. I tend to pair up my dolls so look for ones that will even the gender basis.

2. i am only into girl dolls... i like a lot of boy's heads, but if i ever get them, i would put them on a girl's body. xD

#402 sureya, Nov 28, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    3. Definitely females. As one of my friends puts it, I have an "all girls' dorm."

Although that new Feeple60 Erdu that'll debut this Friday has me considering otherwise. (Tempted, but I'll stick with my female MSDs!)

4. So far I have 3 girls, so I think I tend to go for female sculpts! I just like the aesthetic of female sculpts over male sculpts, I guess. I haven't really found a male body sculpt I'm 100% happy with just yet. I prefer more masculine sculpts, like strong jawlines and muscle, but there aren't too many out on the market quite like that. I think Iplehouse has some nice sculpts in line with my tastes, but I'm a bit too finicky to 100% commit.

5. I'm a sucker for male sculpts, so I'll usually lean more towards them! I like female sculpts, too, but I'm a bit more picky with what I like aesthetic-wise in them.

6. I have a single floating male head; but girls. I've had dolls all my life and were never interested in the boys for some reason. Everything about my life, my room, my style is tomboyish and yet I love girls. The hair, the frilly dresses, the color PINK. It all catches my attention. I don't think pink and glitter would look too good on my Anhais Jupiter :XD:

7. I prefer male dolls, part of me feel like I could always dress him in dresses if I wanted to XDDD
      Also part of it could be because I kind of like boy couples.
      Another reason is because girl dolls have a lot more nice/more expensive clothes/accessories and I feel like I just don't have enough money to care for them properly XD

8. I definitely prefer girls. I only have one boy right now and he's on hold to be sold. I guess it's for the same reasons I prefer to draw girls: I think girls are pretty and more fun to dress. I suppose I could dress a boy sculpt I liked up in girls clothes, but I don't want to force that as a character trait if it doesn't come naturally. I do eventually want to get a male FL Karsh though.

9. I prefer girls. I simply feel like you can put 'more' types of clothing on them? ( at least, that make me feel comfortable ).
      Maybe i'll get a boy one day, but I haven't seen one that I've fallen in love with yet.

10. I have mostly male dolls but I am currently waiting for a girl. There's so many male sculpts I like and I can think of so many different styles and characters for them. Girls I find more awkward and I'm way more picky. Funnily enough though my husband has been drawn into the hobby and he likes female sculpts more, so they may end up more even

11. I only have girls! I never find any boy sculpts that I like, and in general I think female characters are more fun to work with.

12. Well over a year ago I said that I wouldn't even have boy dolls. My entire wishlist has shifted to boys, haha! I already have two here, my floating head just needs a body. I got a little tired of lady land it seems :XD:

13. I prefer boys. Feminine men better reflect my idea of androgyny.

14. I prefer male dolls. Nothing against the beautiful lady dolls, but I'm just not really interested in them as I would be with male dolls.

I think it's because of the fact that I also draw more men than women, so this ended up translating over to my dolls.

15. I never really knew why but I always prefered SD/70cm male dolls, they inspire me more, as much in their character creation than in photoshoots. I already tried to have girls but I always go back to boys. I don't have the same feeling with them, I keep girls only because it's cute in decoration and because I love sewing dresses for my Etsy shop, but If I would choose between them, it would definitely be boys !

16. Both of them ,I like variety and having only one gender can become boring .

17. The dolls I gravitate towards generally present as typically female, though I don't really think in terms of their gender when I consider an addition.

18. I mostly prefer girl dolls. Partly because I'm bad at making male clothing, but also because I just generally prefer the aesthetics of female doll bodies. I've seen some lovely male bodied dolls from people, but they're just not for me, personally. Kind of how I also like anime-eyed dolls from Volks and similar, but probably won't buy one for myself.

It's nice to admire from afar, while focusing on the ones I like most.

19. I think this is a great question and I make strangers uncomfortable with how queer I am.

I'm a non-binary (transmasculine) aromantic asexual, but I like exploring other people's relationships and using romantic/sexual attraction in stories - basically, I don't feel it myself, but I think it's an interesting plot point.

With that said - I responded to this thread a bit ago saying this in July:

"I prefer female sculpts by a lot. Male bodies are usually pretty built, and the head sculpts rarely appeal to me. I have seen maybe two or three male bodies I actually liked.

Characters, though - I'm gender bending at least four, likely five, of the dolls I have planned, so the listed gender for sculpts is like a suggestion to me."

... And now I'm roughly evenly split, not because my resentment of sculpted abs has lessened, but because I give up and can mod them to look less weird if I really want to.

I guess the only explanation I have is that if I see a sculpt I like, I like it, and I make it work. Gender has nothing to do with it. ... And that does seem to reflect the aro ace robot I am.

20. I definitely prefer boys. I just don’t feel much attraction to girl characters, and while they can be very pretty, I can’t see myself owning one for a long time.