1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. I think I go towards boy dolls more! I'm not sure why, I just really love them. However, girl dolls tend to have prettier outfits available and I do love that.

2. Definitely males. I can't say why, because it's not specific to bjds. I always prefer males. All my pets are male, for example, because if I have a female I'll just end up wishing she was male. I guess I just connect with them better? Considering it happens with people too.

3. I definitely prefer girls. Love those frilly girly dresses and outfits that I don't have the occasion to wear in real life lol. Boy dolls are pretty but I just don't connect with them as much :sweat. I don't know what clothes to dress boys in and I just enjoy looking at girl fashions more I guess :whee:. There's only one male doll that caught my eye but I couldn't bring myself to commit just yet lol.

4. Personally for me I was attracted to the girls since I love how you can dress them up in outfits that you normally wouldn't wear. Especially the historical outfits haha!

5. I'm pretty much only interested in boy characters, but I love female body sculpts. The doll I currently have my eye out for is a female sculpt that I'm going to mod into an ftm boy.

6. I tend to prefer girl bodies and boy heads, too bad boy heads are usually a little too big to hybrid onto girl bodies :doh I'd love to have a collection of handsome ladies. :love

7. I feel that, most of the time, I can do more aesthetically with girl dolls - the faceup and hair style can be more creative and dramatic, and it's no trouble at all to find pretty clothes - but, boy dolls require more creativity to get them that same level of "fashionable" and I like that challenge.

So...I prefer both for different reasons, I guess?

8. I don't have much of a preference as my wishlist is pretty split down the middle between boys and girls, BUT I have mostly girl dolls.

9. I definitely prefer girls, because I think they're prettier and I love feminine doll clothes. I wouldn't rule out getting a boy doll, but it would probably be a cute/androgynous type of boy.

10. I prefer boys though I have both. It might be because boys are slightly harder to find. But I also just prefer their clothing. Though I don't consider any of my non human dolls(mostly dragons) to have genders/ their gender just changes to fit my whim.

11. I prefer male dolls simply because I feel self conscious about my self when I'm around female dolls.

12. Boy BJD are great....but there is not the variety of choice with clothing!

13. Hmmm. The first three dolls I've purchased are all male... So i guess I'll go with male? I've noticed the same trend with my nendoroid collection. I barely have any girls aside from some random Mikus. :D

14. Girls dressed like tomboys
      But I’m also a lesbian so *shrugs*

I do love that there is such variety of gender, skin tones, and body shapes available for BJDs though.

15. Definitely girls. I like to dress dolls up in clothes I cannot wear myself either because i'm too fat or because my feet are bad (I can't wear heels) so boys wouldn't do that for me. I don't have a gender preference when it comes to like toddler looking dolls or anthro ones because they are all kind of genderless and adorable.

16. I've had one boy but I never connected with him. So I prefer girls. I did however mostly draw male characters over female characters back when I was into drawing, so it's interesting seeing how my gender preferences for characters change between dolls and art!

17. Male sculpts win my heart way more often, but I find female dolls funnier to play with. All in all, I'd say I like both.

18. I really love to have boys more. So many boys have caught my eye but no girl has yet. I like to create styles that are cool, edgy, and I love that style on a boy. I’m not really into having dolls that wear regular clothes. I like them to be wearing cool gothic outfits and I personally love the style on a boy better. Sure I’ve seen a lot of beautiful girl bjds and I wouldn’t mind having them. But i always buy my favorite and it’s always a boy. Although the dollfie dream miku was a eye catcher for me. But it’s really expensive now... but I was thinking of creating a dollfie dream bjd that was rlly tomboy. A doll that looks androgynous that is a girl. Even then she’ll look like a boy. Just love boy bjds

19. I only have boys on my wishlist right now which is a shame. I've been looking for female sculpts I enjoy but often, if I like the head I don't like the body and wise versa, it gets very tiring because I prefer darker/tan resin and so many of them don't match anyone at all. Iplehouse and raccoondoll have amazing female bodies, but no heads I want for example :(