1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. Girls, girls, girls! That's just a thing with me though--I prefer female characters too. They can just wear cuter clothes, have cute faces, cute everything. I'm fine with boys that are more androgynous as well, but I'm not a huge fan of super masculine sculpts or male characters. Even as an artist, boys tend to not inspire me as much as girls do.

2. I prefer males for the very reason they are easier for me to design and find sculpts I like! (I also get my own fashion inspo from them sometimes) Plus I get to look at eye candy all day LOL

3. I don’t think I have a preference, but currently I’m focusing more on males since I have a character in mind. However, I do have several female characters and sculpts I really like. I do want to have a balance though, so I know I definitely want at least one girl and one boy.

4. Boys for me. I've owned numerous girls over the years but have never seemed to be able to properly bond with a lot of them.. *_*

#484 kagami, Sep 7, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    5. Girls for me! I think after my reshuffle, I own more than double the number of female dolls (and one on a “female” body who identifies as non-binary). The male dolls are all there for story reasons (Chromis is a major character in his arc, Strahd is the main villain in the campaign I’m running, Nirathos is Acyra’s brother, Mira is Azrael’s entire world, and E is... probably moving around to another storyline, but I’m attached to his character.)

I have female dolls that I’m just holding onto cause they’re pretty and I’m sure I’ll eventually have a character for them, which I just don’t do with my male dolls. I’m better at connecting to female characters, writing them, fleshing them out and understanding who they are on the page. Veris was an impulse buy, and she already has a story. Arastra just got a character last week, and I’ve been wondering who she was for months, but I figured I’d know eventually

6. I own mostly boy dolls, but I have more girl clothes for the girls I do have! :O They just get prettier outfits, I can't help it XD

7. I started out with all girls and never thought about having boys.
      I still mostly have girls but have added 3 boys also. One of my boys now dresses in my girl clothes also.
      I think it is up to you on what you want and it could change over time. Just find the ones that speak to you.

8. I wish I can say female, because, in my mind, it's more easier to dress and create a female character, but in practice, I buy more male sculpts, so I'm going to say male... :roll:

9. I've purchased male dolls in the past (non-BJD) but I have found I vastly prefer girls. I think it's related to the fact that females have far more wardrobe choices than males traditionally do and a big part of the fun for me is making clothes.

And yes, it's perfectly acceptable to dress a bishie boy like a girl. Nothing to be said against that.

10. Girls only for me!
      I like frilly dresses and cute things and sparkles, I just couldn't do boy dolls, they just don't appeal to me at all. I'm all about the girly girl right now :lol:

11. Generally, I prefer the boys. Though this is more because the bodies of most girls have breasts that I find too large. (Depending on brand ofc.)
      I prefer the slim, youthful/androgynous look in both genders. Though if a brand has dolls where I can choose a small breasted girl, I tend to enjoy that more. (Plus I could possibly share the clothes between the two genders if they're the same size-)

12. I tend to prefer girls but lately I've been rly wanting to add some boys into the mix

13. Back when I got into the hobby I was all about boy dolls and dressed them up in skirts and dresses. After taking a break girl dolls is all I have, even if their sculpt is "supposed" to be male, haha.

14. I have both, but I tend to make more male OCs, which translates into more male dolls... I currently have 8 males and 6 females in my collection and the next ones I really want to try and get will be male.

15. I like a mix of girls, boys, and NBs in my collection.

16. Personally I collect only boys. Reason being I can’t own girls. I tried once and bought a girl but I couldn’t bond with her and stying her was very hard for me. With boys I feel more relaxed and I have ideas of what I want to do with them. Is not that I dislike them is just they’re not for me. :daisy

17. I gravitate towards boy dolls more but I do love the girl bodies that the female dolls get but almost never their actual sculpts. They all look too similar to either volks or one of the other big popular companies if we look at the smaller ones. I do know I'm actively staring at Impldoll for a new girl they teased which I'm gonna go dive bomb when it gets released. But in general boys for me :P

18. Definitely boys! Out of 25 dolls, I have only five girls, six if I count a floating head.

Ryu

19. Definitely girls! I don't really like boy bodies, so I have girl bodies for even heads I call boys. I pretty much only like girl faces and clothes, too, but I do prefer a more loose and casual style. But I definitely prefer girls.

20. Girls without a doubt. They suit with all types of clothes, wigs and accessories.