1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. Well actually girls dolls seems more attractive to me :D so yes my preference is girls

2. I love girl dolls. I honestly don't think I'd ever even buy a boy doll because then I'd have to buy a whole new set of wigs, clothes, etc. I also just prefer girl sculpts in general.

3. At the moment I bond much easier with boys.
      Strangely as a young child I did not interact well with dolls (female), later finding a doll of the opposite gender had the reverse effect and I loved them.
      Now I don't mind either but do prefer boys. :)

Why? Personally I've always liked more stereotypical boy things as a child and that hasn't changed much into adulthood in some respects. Besides my love for dolls I'm a bit obsessed with class cars. Strange combo lol
      It probably is more to do with aesthetics then a psychological reason.

4. As a child I always had girls. I can understand living through your dolls clothes so I guess now when i look at scupts I tend to find I like the female ones rather than than male as i can then do that. I even changed a character I am planning from a male to a female as i found a name I just knew would work really well but I think that it might change back once I have the actual doll in my hand as i realised I prefer girls.

Even though in my real life job as a childcare practitioner I always seem to look after more boys and have a soft spot for them. not that I treat anyone differently :)

5. I definitely prefer boys - I just have a easier time bonding with them. For a good while I thought that I would have a boy only collection but I do have a couple of girls now (as of writing them post I have 11 boys and 2 girls), who I love dearly, but I think that the gender ratio of my collection will always lean heavily towards the boys.

6. Personally even my art characters tends to be more female than male. With my dolls I tend to come up with more different concepts for dolls and their personalities, than with males. Males for me tend to just repeat the same traits over and over.

7. Same for me, except switch the genders. All my ideas for girl dolls so far have been, "delicate fashionista princess person" and "kick-your-butt fashionista goth princess person". :roll: I still love a lot of the girl doll sculpts and will have one or two (or three) in the future. Although I'm a bit like that with the male dolls, too. Doll fashion is nice (sans wigs) and all my dudes will need to be able to wear snazzy clothes. It's just the male dolls "speak" to me more than the girls do.

8. Only girls! I definitely have a preference for cuter, sweeter-looking dolls.

9. I have a preference for girls. One of my favourite aspects of the hobby is playing with fashion and I'm just not that interested in men's styles, I don't know what I'd do with a boy doll.

10. Boys, almost always 70+cm boys. I keep falling in love with girl sculpts, they come home and I think they're beautiful...but I just don't know what to do with them. They tend to lack a built in personality to me, no matter how lovely...and it always feels disappointing. The FL Mandrak Moors fox-witch, Sionna Fómhar, that I use as my avatar is the only girl with whom I have truly 'bonded', except for a few fantasy tinies like my Luts dragon, Rumi, or my Luts Zebrataur, Tyltyl.

11. I pefer females because I love dressing them up, however; if there were more clothing options for males I would be able to say I have no preference. I had a few male dolls and had the hardest time finding things for them to wear that I liked. Also had a hard time with wigs looking nice on them too. It was very frustrating for me as I loved the guys I had :(

12. Boys, probably because I have mostly male OCs. I love female dolls too, however I just seem to like male sculpts a lot more.
      But I wish MSD and smaller boys had nicer clothes and more different styles. I'm going to get a girl soon just because I wanna dress her up

13. My preference is for verity - I don't like repeat styles or themes on my dolls, never did, so I quite literary have an equal mix of ladies and gentleman on my wish list :) I althou try not to repeat body shapes, skin shades or hair colors, or at least hair/eyes combos - I like the shape of doll to dictate the style for them, so I can't dress everyone in uniforms even if I tried - for me that would defeat the purpose of having multiple dolls :)

14. For BJD i prefer boys and for dollies dreams girls and boys

15. Ohhh the reshuffle was so much more extensive than I thought here. I still own 3 male dolls: pardalis, Oriel and Dia (who ironically is not a soom Dia). I sold the sculpts for Strahd, I have just a head for Chromis, Mira is... I'm figuring out what I'm doing there, Nirathos didn't get fleshed out, and E... yeah, screw him. I made him for a role-play with an ex, and he became a mess of my own faulty schemas. He doesn't exist in my universe anymore. I might make Lex, and possibly Chromis (though I think I'll sell his massive head and wait for the re-scale)

I have a lot of female dolls, and 2 nb dolls (one of whom is agender, and one of whom id's as a third gender), ironically both twigling gamines on different bodies. I have another who identifies as "well, I think I'm a girl now, but we'll see where life takes me" becasue she's been a number of other genders in past lives. She uses she/her in common speak, but in her first language, gender-neutral pronouns are the default.

So beyond that there are 19 women. we can see how far I lean toward my own gender. I make a lot of wlw, some bi, lesbian, pan, and aspec, but honestly, I just enjoy having queer women who love women as a large part of my stories.

16. I would never predicted it beforehand, but I'm a sucker for boy dolls. I'm always drawn to them first. Although there are lots of pretty girls out there, it's more of an appreciation from afar, and then I move on with my day, but when I see a cute boy sculpt.... I need it. It doesn't help that most of my characters are male, too.

Female dolls do have the benefit of fantastic wardrobes, though. Especially for YoSD sizes... I'm not a huge fan of the selection available for 1/6 size boys, but the girls get so many adorable options!

17. I have a list of dolls I want and they are mostly girls dolls. However both of the dolls I just order are boys. I only really like mature yosd sized doll, so I feel like when I see a guy in that size its super rare and I have to have it. Weather that's actually true or not haha:wiggle

18. I have both, but I think I prefer female dolls because of wigs and more options for clothing. And I like to sew clothes for girls, but hate sewing for my male doll.

19. I only have girl dolls in my home at the moment (more dolls have been ordered but haven't arrived yet), but I actually greatly prefer boy dolls. I'm not sure why this is...I just prefer the look of them, for some reason. Perhaps it's also because there's a huge lack of boys when it comes to other types of dolls, so they seem more special. Plus, I like short hair for the boys, and short hair is a bit more manageable (one of my girls had a pixie cut for a long time). It might also be because a lot of my OCs are boys, and I'm always looking for a sculpt to shell my MC. I also find that the male sculpts are often more...realistic? Not sure if that's the right word, but they seem to have a different kind of look than the girls usually do. That being said, I do love my girls; I just generally prefer boy bjds.

20. Usually, I prefer male dolls! For resin dolls, I'm just interested in male dolls, but for fashion-sized porcelain dolls, there are some female dolls I like.