1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. The dolls that I'm planning to get for sure all are boys...but I love looking at female clothing choices and will probably end up getting a girly if only to indulge in all the lovely dresses!

2. I like both but I would say boys the sculpt of the boys are soooo good which I didn't expect that when I joined the hobby it's hard to find a sculpt I really want of the girls .

3. I prefer girl dolls over boys, I think it's the fashion aspect of it. I like the girls clothes more

4. My first BJD was (is) a boy (becuase I thought I'd only ever get one BJD - ha ha! - and boy dolls are;/were less common tan girl dolls) but I have over 50 BJDs now and girls outnumber boys.

I think this is largely because I find boy clothes a lot less fun and interesting (and even less so to make, since I can rarely find the styles I want for my dolls available to buy).

Teddy

5. All boys. FEMALE DOLLS SCARE ME!
      No, I'm just kidding. I've just always liked boy dolls more. In this hobby, I feel like boy dolls are easier. I also have a few boy bjds dressed girlish but thats as far as I'll go.
      And I like the sculpts for boy dolls more.

6. When I first started out I planned to have all boys but after getting my first one which was a boy, and then my second which was a girl now I'm not sure. I have 2 girls and only 1 boy now but I really want another boy as well.

7. I now have 28 and all are male. I do have a couple of very feminine boys who cross dress and some have a female head sculpt in my crew though. I like to shell characters and all my major OCs are male as well as the non original characters. I also find males more attractive and feel comfortable with them.

8. I'm partial to female sculpts myself! I just think they look so soft and elegant. I really love some of the male sculpts I've found, but I almost always gravitate towards girls! That being said, I don't actually have any just yet (my Doll Leaves Yoko is on her way), so that opinion might change down the road.

9. I prefer girl dolls, but I do have boy dolls. The reason that I prefer to buy girl dolls is that there is greater choice in clothing and shoes.

10. I much prefer female dolls and I don't have plans to ever buy a male doll. I'm drawn to cute/ stylized dolls with mature bodies, and I don't like the pretty look that boys in that style have. When I look at more masculine male sculpts, especially SD sized ones, I feel uneasy. And it's not that their male anatomy makes me uncomfortable, because I'm used to that from taking nude figure drawing classes in college. I think the uneasiness most likely stems from past trauma I've experienced. Anyway, I love women's fashion and the ethereal/ elegant look that female dolls have. When I visualize my future collection, I don't see male dolls fitting. I like looking at other people's boys, but I think they are not for me. And who knows, I might end up changing my mind eventually. Maybe I just haven't found the right boy doll :)

11. I prefer having male characters but female dolls. The reason for this is that I just can't find any male dolls that I love and don't look too girly, so I usually only buy girls.

12. Right now I'm leaning more towards boy dolls, because the characters I want to make are all boys, and I'm not yet comfortable considering purchasing a BJD without some sort of plan behind it. But I've seen so many cute girl sculpts that it'll probably be a 50/50 split for me eventually....!!

13. Currently I find myself making plans for mostly female dolls, at least in terms of the bodies I get the sculpts - I really want males and (and androgynous dolls but bodies like that are harder to come by) but their bodies usually look stiffer and don't seem like they would be as fun to pose because of that!

14. At first I was prefer boys over girls, but now I prefer girls. The girls' dress are too pretty, I can't stop loving them.

15. I definitely prefer boys to girls. I have found girl dolls that are gorgeous and that I would like to own, but I usually fall in love with boy dolls. That being said, I feel like it's harder to find the right wigs and clothes for my boy dolls that fit their personalities.

16. Don't have my first doll yet but I think I will primarily have female dolls. Possibly a couple male ones if I really like their sculpts. I just enjoy the thought of making props and clothes more for females than males and I have more ideas for females. My only characters at the moment are also only female, so I am buying dolls to fit them first :)

17. i like both gender but i slightly prefer boys.

18. At this point I'd say I lean toward boys, given that I've got one girl doll and all the rest of the dolls I'm planning to buy are boys.

19. Girls..They inspire me much more while i am sewing.

20. For me I definitely have a preference its girls. I don't know I just can't find any male sculpts that I like. Plus since a lot of my dolls are based off my ocs which happen to be girls.