1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. 90% female dolls, only one line of males. Not sure why, just always wanted the glam of female dolls

2. Girls Girls Girls. I prefer to sew for girl dolls. There is just so much versatility there.

3. I have a strong preference for male dolls; they currently make up 90% of my collection. I was never a fan of Barbies and other common types of dolls growing up, so many of the cute female sculpts don't appeal to me very much. The strong, fantasy male dolls that I'm drawn to are so different from anything I'd ever seen..

4. First off, your Goffin is adorable!
      I prefer female dolls because I find them easier to dress. There seems to be more clothing/wig options for the girls than the boys.

5. Guys. I do have one girl whom I absolutely adore, but in general I find guys more fun to dress up. It's enjoyable and quite challenging at the same time, considering my love for Ringdoll's bulkier body 3.

In real life, I was never one for cutesy skirts. I prefer torn jeans over them. I do love classy lace dresses or those that look a little deconstructed (boyish) though...so I guess it's natural to lean towards doll clothes that have a little edge to them. Basically, I prefer properly fitted outfits that are edgy rather than styling my girl with guy outfits to get the look but the majority of girl BJD clothes I see are either really cute, pretty or really sexy.

Plus, guys are just more appealing to me. Of course. :3nodding:

#65 Valesca, Mar 1, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    6. My original plan was to keep my collection 50/50 with male and female sculpts, but I found I really prefer the girls, probably because of the cute clothing. Dressing my guys is more of a challenge!

7. Guys. I usually find myself more attracted to male sculpts, even if it is to turn them into a girl. Most female sculpts seem to be mature or cutesy, but I prefer something in between and get really picky about them. Right now, I want to have two guys and one girl.

8. I prefer females or anthro dolls. I think because I haven't run into a male's sculpt that I enjoy or that doesn't look too... flat. I think it's mostly because female bodies are more curved, have a little more to work with in regards to shape. Same being with anthro dolls, though I don't own more than two little mice girls.
      I haven't been in the hobby long enough to challenge my preference comfortably, either.

9. I have all female dolls and have never had a male doll. I guess I just like to dress the girls up in pretty dresses, I am not into the male dolls.

10. I like having girls mostly. Their bodies are so much more interesting than boys. The diversity is exponentially more so with female sculpts across the board really. If I see a really unique boy I'd be interested but they're pretty rare it seems.

11. I have a mixture - for me, it's totally about the sculpt. Although weirdly, I only have Large boy dolls and Mini girl dolls. I can't tell if that's co-incidence or something weirder, hah!

12. I highly prefer boy dolls. Most of mine are boys. I tend to impulse buy them. Girls I am super picky with. Not really sure why.

13. I don't have a preference. I plan to have an even number of each. :)

14. I only have girl dolls. I guess the main reason is I love to draw princess in my childhood. When I grew up I still draw girls more than boys. Finally I found out I suck at drawing boys....so...a girl doll is more attracted to me and I only made girl dolls too.

15. I have both and try to keep the number equal so I don't end up with 10 boys and 2 girls or vice versa. However, it's harder to please me with girls dolls; I tend to only like cutesy types. With the guys though I like them in all different styles and I'm not quite sure why that is!

16. I have both, but I have a lot more girls though. I find that they are more fun to dress up and make clothes for.

17. Guys. I am more picky with girls. Most are a bit too cutesy for me.

18. While I don't necessarily have a preference for either gender, I currently only own boys. Even as a child, I preferred male characters and always wished for a brother, so I suppose it's only natural to me to "prefer" male dolls as well! :sweat It can be frustrating though, especially since I want a girl very badly but can't seem to find one that stands out to me...

19. I prefer girls, because I love dresses, ribbons, bows, ruches, flowers and other cute girl things :whee: Also most molds what I like are female. I don't know why))

20. Ladies' only household here! Find it difficult to connect with men; don't write male characters often for that same reason. Considering I use these dolls to bring my scripts to life, well... kind of makes my preference a given.

Guys get majority focus pretty much everywhere else in life, anyway. Why not let the women shine in the spotlight for a bit? ;)