1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. i prefer male gender, but girl sculpts are also okay, but i only like a dew of them.

2. I prefer girls, but it seems like I'm going to end up with more boys as things stand. My first girl will always be my favorite, though.

3. I have both male and female dolls. More females though.
      I guess I prefer female dolls because I seems to like styling girls.
      I'm alright with styling boys but it just seems quite limited to me.

4. I have both in my collection BUT I really have a lot more girls than boys, for sure!

5. I love all and everything dolly so,I don't have a preference.

6. Girls only! I have no interest at all in having a boy doll, but I'm not completely sure why; it's not like there aren't beautiful outfits for guys or lovely male sculpts. When I would doodle as a kid I would only ever draw girls, never guys - maybe it's the same kind of thing! A natural preference :sweat

7. I don't think I have a fixed preference :? It keeps changing over time.
      I have no idea why it changes, but I also change the title of "favorite doll" all the time. :XD:

8. Well, I've got three boys to one girl, so I guess it's safe to say I have a preference... I do want more girls, but... I also want more boys!

For me, boys offer something that girls don't, which is a way of playing with gender expression that I don't have in the real world. I can't really present myself as masculine, but I can explore different modes of masculinity through art/writing and through my dolls. I mean, that's not to say I can't play with gender expression at all with girl dolls, just that it's less satisfying when I present in such a feminine way out in the world. But I can still play with fashion and costuming, and the girls do have their own charms, so I'm definitely not a 'one gender only' collector.

9. I have one boy and all my other BJD are girls. I have had a couple other boys, and wouldn't object to more in the future. I prefer dressing my girls. Honestly, I would have more boys if I could sew better, because I simply don't find clothing options I like for them and I can't afford to commission anyone to make what I want.

10. I currently only have boys, but I can't say I prefer them, necessarily, because I've never had a girl. I only get dolls to shell my characters and have more male characters, so...it just works out that way! I also have trouble finding female sculpts that I like for some reason; I think a lot of them are either too generic or too out there. I would love to have at least one big glamorous girl though, to even out my millions of MSD boys. :lol: (I'd love Iplehouse Zera to fill that role!) I also want some tiny girls, because their sculpts and outfits are just so adorable!

11. As of right now I only have girls, I think partly because most sculpts I see a girl face more then boys. I would like a boy but it would have to have a very minimal face-up if that makes sense for it to feel boyish.

12. My first and only doll is female, don't see myself getting a boy any time soon though. I guess it's the fashion style I like to work on, and has the potential to reflect a lot of characters that I like. So pretty!

13. Boys. Because I'm biased towards cute guys LOL :lol:

14. I strictly have female dolls. I like to say they are my friends and love dressing them in dresses. Pretty pretty dresses. Guy dolls never really appealed to me for some reason.

15. I prefer female dolls. It's because I make most of their clothes and I like making pretty dresses and things. I do love some of the male dolls, but it would be hard to make clothes for them and the ones I like are just too expensive for me to buy.

16. I only seem to like male BJDs. I think it's because I've collected fashion dolls for so long, and I mostly collect female ones. So I'm kindof bored of girl dolls, you know? The male ones are more interesting to me for now.

17. This. I've seen plenty of male sculpts I quite like (usually the more androgynous ones--especially the more mature androgynous ones, seriously), but I wouldn't know where to begin when it came to their clothes. I will unashamedly admit to purchasing my girl for the sole purpose of sewing pretty clothing for her, because I got frustrated with the rather shapeless bodies of my (wardrobe shelf full of) American Girl dolls.

18. I'd say I like both boys and girl dolls and I'm planning to have more or less the same number of each gender. However I seem to be way more picky with the boy sculpts so for now I only managed to shell female characters. But I'm determined to get my boys shelled as well, it will just take a bit more research.
      On a side note I love dressing up my girls with pretty frilly things, but I'm definitely looking forward to get some guys to dress up in cool clothes too.

19. I'm fairly new to the hobby. I only have 4 dolls three being girls and one is a boy. I think that boys are rare, which makes them kind of special.

20. I don't have a preference really although all of my dolls are girls at the moment. I guess sharing clothes is easier this way hahah.