1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. I really preferred girls before I was really researched into BJDs, but now I'm looking at more and more guys~ I really want a nice looking dude to go with my new girl :whee:

2. My dolls represent characters and most of my characters are male so I have ended up with a preponderance of male dolls. However, I do want an SD girl because I love the clothes for that size.

3. I greatly prefer female dolls,though I'm not against getting a male doll in the future.

4. Girls and girls and girls. I feel weird about it now I have a son, and wouldn't swap him for any girl in the world. I love having a little boy. But doll wise... yeah, girls.

Sometimes I feel a yen for a really masculine looking boy doll, but I still go for the pretty girls.

5. I love females and males but if I had to choose a preference, I'd choose male. The reason I like males is because I have non bjd dolls that are female but none that are males. Plus, when I first got into hobby, I fell in love with the look of males.

6. Right now I have boys only. But I like both, so I hope to get one or two girls in future.

7. I have 2 females but I honestly now prefer male dolls with a very feminine personality and look to them. I think males are more versatile.

8. I prefer boys and non-binary dolls (easy to make with any sculpt), I just find them more pretty. Dresses, himecut wigs and cute things can all be used on boys and non-binary BJDs so I don't see any reason to get girls.

9. Girls and non-binary dolls! I think male dolls can be very cute, but most of my OCs and things tend to either be girls or non-binary, so I definitely gravitate that way with doll preferences.

10. I prefer girls! I love very feminine and frilly fashions, but wearing them myself isn't always something I'm comfortable with, so having dolls wear those clothes is a nice in between.
      (I say, having had my only doll so far decide she wants to be butch and also a punk)

11. I like boys only, totally no interest in getting girls. It's so fun looking and shopping for guy clothes and make them wear what I can't.

12. No preferences. Boy, girl and non-binary dolls are all welcome here. :) For me, the character / personality of a doll takes precedence over its gender or aesthetic appeal.

13. I prefer boys, but right now I have two beautiful girls inda collection. Magic, I believe :XD:

14. I prefer bjds that have an androgynous look to them, tho I love the super cute frilly girl clothes.

15. Girls only. No offense to people who collect boy/men dolls, but most of them I see are too feminine for my liking.
      I'd be collecting 1/6 action figures if I wanted male dolls, but that's an entirely different category

16. When I first entered the hobby I preferred boys but now as I'm looking for my next doll I've come to realize that I really want a girl. I find myself gravitating to the female sculpts as of recent, but I don't think it's a preference as of yet.

17. With SD and larger, the male sculpts look better to me than the larger female sculpts. But with msd size dolls I find more girls i like than boys.

18. I preffer only boy BJD, cos Im man and when I own femmale BJD its make me feel wierd.

19. Hmm i think i like girls more its weird how i like them more though. When i get any type of boy doll i always make it whats the word.. cute, girly? I practically turn my boys into girls xD or get boys that are cutesey.

20. I tend to prefer female dolls, but any can be appealing really :)