1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gender Preference?

Feb 16, 2017

1. I have two girls and two boys. I like male dolls because I find them charming- that's just how I am. But I love shopping for and dressing up my girls! Something about girls just appeals to my girlier side of dress up and cute clothes.

2. I prefer boys cause they're harder for me to draw, and when you find one that matches your main character you've just gotta get it. But my mum says I gotta get some girls otherwise it's going to look like a gay orgy in my room, she only wants a heterosexual orgy goddamnit!

3. At first, I tought I wanted only girls (because I didn't like most of the boys I saw).
      But finally, I like all the genders and plan to have in my collection : girls, males, girls who will be boyish and boys who will look like girls.

4. I've always preferred male characters, and have a harder time bonding with female characters and dolls. I'm not sure why exactly. So yeah. The majority of my dolls are male.

5. I think I have no preference even if I have more girls than boys in my collection... For now !

6. I'm still waiting for my dolls, but I've been ordering boys, and had two boys I had sold in the past. I have a girl Yo-SD and it feels awkward to dress her, maybe that's the problem with BJDs being anatomically correct.:sweat

I love dresses and heels(in real life) but I don't like the feeling of dressing a girl. Makes me feel like I'm invading her privacy. I'm gay and all, but I'm comfortable only with boy dolls, even though I like heels and women's fashion.

7. Boys. I do like girls though, especially funny, tough and badass females. I just haven't found a female body that I find aesthetically pleasing for my characters.

8. While I have both male and female dolls, the majority of the sculpts I own are male. I'm actually just very picky about the female sculpts I like, so that's why I have only a select few girls.

9. Yes, very much!!! I prefer boys over girls because I find myself falling in love with the male sculpts much more than the female sculpts. Also, its much easier for me to style the boys. Though things could eventually change.

10. I think I prefer male dolls because I tend to connect to male characters better and I prefer masculine styles visually. But I also don't necessary stick to traditional gender roles with them.

11. Prefer boys :) will possibly buy one girl only . But will keep getting boys

12. I will probably have all males due to the particular characters I wish to skin. That being said, I'd really love to eventually get a really beautiful female doll to dress up and adore!

13. All mine are girls. I just find them more fun to dress up. I had wanted to get a boy or two a year or so ago, but I don't like the Fairyland boy sculpts, looked at the JiD boys, and eventually stopped thinking about getting any.

14. I have seen a couple boy sculpts I like but not enough to spend the money on them...I highly prefer girls ^_^ I just like their aesthetic a lot better! That being said, I have seen some people that have really gorgeous boy dolls. I will continue to admire them without feeling the need to buy any for myself at the moment <3

15. Boys -- because I love both cool and beautiful boys ❤
      Although I buy girl doll too, but just a few :")

16. My collection started out as mostly boys. In fact, my first BJD was a boy, just because male dolls are so RARE, especially being anatomically correct! :XD:

But over the years I think the collection has shifted to more girls now than boys. I have 22 girls and 16 boys ... and one floating head that could go either way (totally planning to get him a boy body at some point). I guess to be fair, quite a few of the boys are actually rather androgynous in appearance (my many CP sculpts) and with the right faceup could easily pass for female. lol I guess I just love my girly-boy fantasy elf creatures. :sweat

17. I have no particular gender preference for my crew. I have a boy and a girl, although I am quite mum about the girl's gender flexibility when talking about her to my family because I'm pretty sure it's not everyone's cup of tea.

18. I think I'm going to stick to boys personally.
      Much like with humans, a guy's style is much more simple than a girls.
      With girls, there are so many options though for sure. If that's your thing, go for it! It just means to me that there's more money to spend if you have a girl!

19. Girls only for me. I love having the many options to choose from. Mixing and matching clothes are fun too!

I seen a lot of male head sculpts. They're fantastic, but the inevitable challenge is pairing the fantastic head with a realistic sculpt without the head looking like he's put on make up. With how resin goes, the skin will always feel smooth. It may look freckled, wrinkled etc in the hands of a superb face up artist, but upon touching, it's still gonna be smooth.
      As for male bodies, the torso may seem masculine etc, but in reality, even hands and legs should be proportionately muscular as well. Have you seen Wolverine with long skinny legs? :lol:

I hope I'm not moving into off-topic, but I feel 1/6 action figures actually accomplish this aspect better than a BJD can. Proportion, skin texture and what not.

20. I only have one doll now (a male), but I have the feeling that if I get any more, they'll likely be male as well...I'm just more prone to creating male characters. I honestly never expected so much variety when I started looking into BJDs, though, so who knows - I might find a female that I fall for in the future!