1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

General Mecha Angel discussion thread!

Jul 21, 2011

1. This is Goldfish, my Vega ~ Last Song. <3

[​IMG]

I have another mecha body currently wearing an Ender head but we'll be swapping heads to one more appropriate in a couple months. ^^;

2. He looks great! I love the color!

3. Glitzsuger & DWphilpott: DWphilpott is right, they come up on rotation every month for five days. it swaps gender each month. so August was the girls, and September will be the boys, and october girls again etc. its generally around the 15th of each month they come up, and soom normally posts a message a few days before hand to let you know who's coming up on that rotation and what colours their available in. :)

tygati:
      he's beautiful!! :3 so bright all the colours!

4. Is there a listing somewhere on the best places to get things like wigs, outfits, etc? I know that Dollmore clothes and shoes fit the MAs pretty well, but these guys have pretty large heads. Some of the wig sites only go up to 8-9 in size while others go up to that and then skip to 10-11 skipping the 9-10 size.
      What are some of you using on your MAs.
      By the way! I'm planning to try and make a hard cap wig for my Deneb once I get her, so I'll keep you posted on how well that goes.

5. Tygati, Looking at your wonderful Goldfish Merman again, I really love how the blue eyes actually complement the orange of his body and outfit! I'd love to see more shots of him to get the full picture of his character.

6. DwPhilpott, my Sabik is wearing a Luts 9-10 wig ^^ But his brother's wig is 8-9,if I'm not remembering wrongly, and it fits his head as well

7. Thanks! I was a little worried! Even though I intend to make a wig or two for Deneb I've never had a MA before! Heck! I've only been up close to one twice, believe it or not! Anyway, someone had said that they have big heads and tend to wear size 10 wigs.

8. =O! Did not know there was a thread for them > w>
      Or actually, I didn't find any when I was looking for one and now that I have the one I wanted no reason to look xD
      No new pics of my guy though, I'll try to take some when I get to making pants that fit xD

What company shoes fit them best ?

9. Chibi_Fluffy ^^ I created it just a while ago hehe
      That's probly why. I figured it'd do good since the topics I found searching had been dead for like... 6 months or a year

That I do not know, but it should be ok as long as you look at the measurements

10. Bluekitsune is right! Check the foot size. I think both the male and female MAs can wear the Dollmore model size shoes and also the Iplehouse EID shoes. But, again check the foot size and compare. It's the clothes that get a little funky. They also can wear Dollmore stuff apparently.

11. Goldfish wears an 8/9 Monique with no issues whatsoever. His head isn't really that much bigger than any of my other dolls, who all tend to wear 8/9s with very few exceptions. So unless a company's wig runs very small, I'd say you're aiming more for an 8/9 than a 9/10 unless you want it to be loose and/or wear a wigcap underneath.

12. Thanks! I'm so glad this thread is here.

13. I should probably add that this is fiber wigs. For fur wigs, you definitely move up to a 9/10. ^^;;

14. 8/9 Are a go specially if they have elastic, I'd say. I've never paid much attention to this detail and I never got a wig that didn't fit on the rightful owner o-o

Man, my boy is stuck forever at customs >_< I wanna get him soon!
      I wanna put him standing and kneel next to him to feel small LOL

15. I'm not surprised with the way everything is right now. I know several collectors who are saying the same thing, that their dolls are stuck in customs somewhere.

16. I've got one item that tracking hasn't updated in nearly two weeks now. x_x Meh. I suspect this means that Jin's outfit from Ayase won't show up until well into next month, if it continues on this way. :/ Poor Jin's going to be stuck squeezing into a 70cm kimono which is literally the only thing I have that will fit him short of Goldfish's outfit, and Goldfish isn't inclined to share. ;)

17. So..., I'm currently paying off Deneb and hope to pay here off by the end of September. When I ordered Bygg it took about 4 months or so to finally get him. How long from the final payment does it usually take to get a doll like MA Deneb? Someone scared me and said 8 or more months. If that's the case it'll be June or July before I see her. YIKES!!!

18. I have a few different wig brands for my Deneb. He fits a DollHeart 8/9, Monique 8/9, JPop 8/9 and For My Doll 8/9 wig perfectly. He's actually one of the easiest dolls I have to buy wigs for, and I've never had a problem with any 8/9, now that I think of it. His head is just the right shape for most standard wigs with elastic. ^__^

19. Wow! Thanks! That's very cool to know! I have a lot of plans for her when I get her.

20. DWPhilpott-Not sure how accurate this is to the wait times now, but I ordered and paid my boy off in full last September and he took just over 4 months.