1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

General Mecha Angel discussion thread!

Jul 21, 2011

1. Yea, thanks for the comment, the proportion is so good, I thought maybe I would feel the neck was to short for him (all my dolls have long necks), but it's just right for him :)

2. I'm planning on making a Sabik hybrid with a IOS Class 80 body, but the neck on that body comes in two sizes. Can anyone give me the diameter of his neck hole? There are no measurements listed on IOS' site, but maybe I can track something down.

Apologies if this information is available somewhere and I missed it...

3. The neck on my MA Sabik is right at 10.5cm, with the neck hole on the head just a teeny tiny touch bigger, maybe 10.6cm.

4. Thank you! That will be very helpful!

5. If you end up doing the hybrid, please post pictures. I've been wanting to do a similar hybrid.

6. Yes, yes! Pictures please! ^__^

7. I will, eventually! Thanks!

8. Hello,
      @Havra I was reading anout the hybrid you want to do, and remembered I saw this on Flickr
      MA-head_IOS-body_hybrid_2013_001
      I don't know who's the owner, but maybe you'll be interested to see the photos.

9. Oh my goodness! You're a saint! I knew someone had done it before but I could not find the pictures anywhere! Very helpful! <3

10. Glad it was helpful :) Hope to see your Sabik around here

11. Um, hello!
      I thought I would post a photo of my MA Meisa since I've just painted her. I wasn't too sure where to talk about her since...there aren't very many of her sculpt around. :sweat

[​IMG]

12. wow!! what a special and cool faceup she got. And I am happy that you are giving more life to the Mecha Angels. They are a classic :P
      I would love to see what kind of hair you would give her. so maybe more pictures ;) :P

And this makes me want to share my Mecha Angel Deneb, He has the supergem body, the head is a bit too big for the body, but it dont show too much with a wig and clothes, so it is fine :)
      Deneb has always been my grail doll ^^

I want to see more Mecha Angels :P

[​IMG]Soom Deneb by bunnylungs, on Flickr

13. I really wish the MA sculpts would be brought back as Idealians.

@Lady Ravenswood Your girl looks lovely, you did a great job on her faceup.

14. I wish the MA would all come back as themselves. I love the darned gangly things, and miss seeing new ones come out.
      I have Sabik and Antares.

[​IMG]Marcus and Bart by aernath, on Flickr

And good grief! That photo is three and a half years old! I need to get the boys out for new photos...

That's an interesting faceup, Lady! I look forward to seeing her come together.

@bunnylungs Your Deneb does look just fine on that body!

15. It's great to see so many Mechas responding! :bcake

Ooh, an Antares. I don't think I've seen many of those.
      And Deneb looks great too.
      Hehe, everyone is wearing black! It suits them though. ^__^
      Ahh, so nostalgic to see these dolls! :chocoheart

Aw, I love them too and was really sad to see them go. I'm really, really taken with the girls especially. I have a Saiph and a Meisa, which is a bit of a dream come true. Next I need to re-do the faceup on my Saiph so she coordinates with my Meisa. Hehe.

This is the wig she's wearing...which now that I see the photo I need to push down a little...but oops.

[​IMG]

#755 Lady Ravenswood, Feb 9, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    16. Oooo! I was envisioning fiery red hair, but this looks so much better! (I have a fondness for red/orange hair ;) )
      She looks very knowing, and amused here. ^_^

17. Hehe, I contemplated red hair! But I didn't have anything that would fit her, hehe, and I have a thing for dark hair on dolls, I guess because I have a lot of dark wigs. Her head is like one size up from all my wigs. My Saiph was wearing this wig though, so it's stretched out to their size. :sweat

18. I saw all the recent activity on this thread and had to check it out!

@Lady Ravenswood: your MA Meisa is such a beauty, with and without hair ;)

@aernath: Bart looks a bit miffed at Marcus.

We had a snow day on Monday (yes, a single snow day...it's Seattle). I thought my Sabik, Lysander, needed a little photo love:
      [​IMG]

19. He did! And we're glad you took care of that. ;)
      We've only had one day of decent snow too, this winter. ...and I kind of miss it.. :(
      But don't tell anyone. I usually hate winter. But then there's usually too much snow! Now there's not enough. lol I can't be pleased.

heh heh heh Yeah, Marcus likes to tease Bart, and Bart is not amused. :lol:

20. Hehehe. What you need is the Goldilocks of Winters! :) I wish our snow lasted just a little longer so I could take Ly outside. Oh well, he'll just have to settle for some other field trip.