1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting a Limited on Behalf of a Friend: Right or Wrong? Why?

Feb 13, 2008

1. Here to resurrect the thread :lol:

1. Is this right or wrong? Why?

I don't think it's wrong, as long as my friend doesn't want the doll to re-sell it as soon as they get it. But helping someone who loves a doll... I'd like to be helped too, given the case.

2. Would it be wrong to do if the person was a stranger and/or was paying you to do it, but OK to do because it is a friend and you care about them? Does it matter how close the friend is (i.e. a family member or super close friend, rather than just somebody you know more distantly off a forum and are a little friendly with)?

It's not a matter of right or wrong in this case for me. I would not do it because I don't know the person. It's something I'd probably do just for close friends and family members.

3. Does the type of contest and the way it is run matter? For example, is it OK to do this in a lottery but not in an essay contest?

Yes, it matters, IMO. An essay contest, to keep with your example, runs on your talent, not your luck. It's a conscious effort, not something you just throw and wait until it falls, so to speak.

4. Does the contest being perceived as somehow vague or inherently unfair make a difference? For example, if lots of scalpers often win, does it make it more OK for you to try to get a doll on behalf of someone who really is going to love it and not just turn around and sell it?

Probably, yes.

5. Do you think this really cuts into the chances of people who just submit the one entry for themselves?

Actually, yes, I believe it does.

Despite what I said about the contest, being honest I admit to have been doing all of a friend's English essays in high-school in her last year (I was a year younger). Of course, she repaid me by stopping talking to me with no reason after she graduated...

2. 1. Is this right or wrong? Why?

-Answer: I don't see why my friend couldn't participate on it's own, but let's just say he or her has it's reasons for do not doing so, if I completely agree, why will be wrong...???

2. Would it be wrong to do if the person was a stranger and/or was paying you to do it, but OK to do because it is a friend and you care about them? Does it matter how close the friend is (i.e. a family member or super close friend, rather than just somebody you know more distantly off a forum and are a little friendly with)?

-Answer: The problematic here it's how much I really know and trust this person to pay for the doll, if I really trust him/her it will be no problem, after all, I'm not the one ho wants the doll, but if it's a total stranger I wouldn't put my name and data "just because"...and that;'s only common sense.

3. Does the type of contest and the way it is run matter? For example, is it OK to do this in a lottery but not in an essay contest?

-Answer: I don't think there is a difference...

4. Does the contest being perceived as somehow vague or inherently unfair make a difference? For example, if lots of scalpers often win, does it make it more OK for you to try to get a doll on behalf of someone who really is going to love it and not just turn around and sell it?

-Answer: If I do something I do it FOR MY FRIEND (or family member or whatever), not for "the sake of the doll", since, I repeat, we are talking than hypothetically I don't want or care about the doll, of course it will be better if he really wants the doll and keeps it, but I don't really care if he/her sells the doll since isn't my doll and I don't have space to make an opinion about the outcome of it, my only real question it's if I trust or I care enough for this person to do the favor he/her it's asking...

5. Do you think this really cuts into the chances of people who just submit the one entry for themselves?

-Answer: I don't really know what to say about it, I think I don't have a real strong answer to reply this one...but I guest...
      :sweat

3. 1. Is this right or wrong? Why?
      Assuming she went for it herself and wanted to double her chances, I say it`s okay. I have to say I am guilty of doing the same.

I prefer not to do them with strangers as who knows? They might be people who pass dolls right to left with a higher price. I`ve seen strangers ask about dolls at Dolpa`s lottery, and when they see that the person they`re talking to only wants one item, they go "Can you get me this and this and this". This is a reason why I don`t do them with strangers- high chance of being a Scalper. I don`t mind helping forum/twitter friends at all.

I`ve never seen an essay contest, so I wouldn`t know. If it takes time and effort though on my behalf, I don`t think I`d do an essay contest.

My answer number 2 pretty much answers this, but I HATE scalpers. I`m not trying to profit from the BJD, so getting the doll for a friend is fine.

I believe so yes.