1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

getting your doll a sibling - is it important that they are from the same company?

Sep 24, 2011

1. I don't think that's important that siblings are from same company. ^^ I think Morphoa and Miyo could look like siblings with similar wigs and eyes. (:

2. For me it's more about displaying a sense of similar sculpting style rather than having the dolls be from the same company, and while that can make it easier it's not necessary. I do have twins I am saving for and they will be from the same company, DiM Bellose and Kassia boys as it turns out I just adore those sculpts and they're similar enough for me to see them as twins. However, I also have a DoD Ivan who perhaps will someday have an older brother and as none of the DoD 60cm dolls really grab my attention I will likely be also looking at DiM or some other company whose sculpting style suits my tastes and still has familiar 'look' to him so the two could pass as siblings.

3. Hmm I'd also say that it doesn't depend of the company! But I'd rather say they should go well together, physically I mean (size, sculpt style..)! For exemple, I saw a bautiful Unoa sister and a MNF Shushu sharing a photo together; they looked so cute, and so perfect together! They really looked like close friends!
      What I learned form this hobby is that you can be surprised! With a good face up that would link them (I read here that someone said to work on the eyebrows for exemple), it will do the trick! But I really like how the mouths of the dolls you picked look alike :) About the size, I think the difference could be fun and work well!
      If you feel it, I'd say go for it and just give it a try!

4. Lol well looks like I am taking the plunge and trying. I wanted to give Miyo the same colour of hair as Morphoa but lighter since your hair tends to get darker as you get older. I don't know why but I can just see them being related somehow...I guess most of the fun lies in trying to make them look convincingly related and awesome..oooh I wish i had them both here :3

5. I currently have two sibling dolls. One's a DZ Mo and the other is a GomiDoll Half-closed eyes Igon hybrid. The these two dolls have similar facial features even though they're from different companies and are different sizes.

6. No, I don't think so. I plan to buy a PKF Zoe and a Dollfactory Elf Beau and making them twins. Their sculpts don't look terribly alike, but as long as the makeup is done the same and the hair, then they will look alike. There's really no reason they should have to be from the same company.

7. My Dollzone couple have a Dollzone girl and a Brownie boy, it was more important to find kids with similar face sculpts and resin colors than anything else. The Brownie actually looks more like his parents than the Dollzone!

8. none of my families are from the same company!

Loki (DZ Mo) and his sister Maddy (RS Lu) are full brother and sister with very little resemblence. Loki looks like his mom, Maddy looks like dad. Loki's son is an AE Adzuki Bean....and looks just like him, same eyes and face...but with Loki's husband Spencer's mouth (BBD Waltz).

Hansel (RD Valo) and Erik (DZ Hid) are full brothers and share a resemblance, but are different companies.

And I've been told that Venice (RS Mei) looks like her dad (Ringdoll Shao), though really, that is due more to faceup and wig style than sculpt.

Parker (Island Doll Kevin) is Mikko's son (DZ Hid) and their resemblance is in the eyes...they both have piercing blue, which creates a resemblance that the sculpts don't have at all.

So...um....obviously, I have no issue mixing families. :P

Also, real families often have very little resemblance. I know a set of twins and the girl has straight black hair, olive skin, long thin nose, long thin face and chunky body and the guy has wavy red hair, freckles, round nose, angular face and is toned/thin. They look nothing alike except they both have hazel/brown eyes.

9. I happen to have a pair of siblings that are from different companies (Soom Helkiot and Musedoll Re-An). The main thing I looked for in a sibling for my Heliot was the lip shape...I think they're close enough to look like they're related. But even sculpts that don't look like one another blank can look related when given a similar faceup and matching wigs...

I think sometimes it's easier to make siblings that come from the same company, if you're looking for a certain feature in their faces to resemble one another, but it's not really necessary...in real life there are plenty of siblings that don't look related at all.

10. My only real rule for this collection (and it applies to any dolls I'm going to group together, not just siblings-) is that the ones who belong together have to look good together. They need to "match" in both scale and general style.

That doesn't necessarily mean they have to be from the same company, though...

I have a Soom Romantic Heliot mod (Rowan) paired with a Luts SDF Annette mod (Briar Wren), for instance, as well as a CP/Delf Nanuri '08 girl (Marion) paired with a modified Volks Amakusa (The Archivist), and they look great together. I used to have a CP/Delf Shiwoo (Harumatsu) paired with an Elf Doll Rem Soah (Zhen Lei), too, and that also worked surprisingly well.

That said, my sibling groups have still tended to end up being from the same company, unlike the couples I mentioned above. Harumatsu, Tien Jen and Chidori are all CP/Delfs (a Shiwoo, a Dreaming Shiwoo and a Miyu)... Likewise Akirra and Kadai (Dambi and If), Koza and Kiji (MNF Elf Shiwoo and Elf Shushu), Julian and Ashley (Breakaways), Huginn and Muninn (SDF Wintery '09 and Bliss) and Cammeron and Cassian (Volks Kamimura and Ryoya, who will hopefully someday have a Date for their older brother, Cordell. XD).

I'm not sure *why* it's worked out like that, honestly, because I certainly wouldn't rule out a sibling pair from different companies if they looked right.

11. Two of my girls are siblings and it was not planned. I received one girl who I thought her story would make her an only child and then I received another girl and they just sort of became sisters. Unoa Lusis and LTF Ante... Who knew? And they look incredibly adorable together.

12. I agree with what Ayas-Shadow said. I don't think aesthetics really matters too much either.

My family is hispanic and one of my older cousins, whose parents and sisters all have dark hair and hazel or brown eyes, was born with really light skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. She looks nothing like anyone else from the rest of the family. It really only depends on how well you think they go together.

Hope it works out for you, whatever you choose! :D

13. When I got into the hobby I had the idea that if I had siblings - they had to be from the same company for OCD sake lol! But now I consider same hair color or eye color to be related in the same "family" and not consider the sculpt at all~

Although if it was twins, then yeah, I would want them from the same company : x

14. Same company doesn't exactly will make em siblings. It's more to aesthetic n maybe some similar features or none at all. My boy is currently waiting for his older brother to come home, and from what I can tell, people will doubt em being siblings. My boy is too cute and the brother is too mature. And both of em are SD13. And their hair and eye colors aren't same at all. :sweat Although their eyes and lips shape do resembles each other.

15. I don't think it matters either...I have dolls who are the same person from different companies! My B&G Sapphira's younger self is a Little Monica Audrey, my Dollmore Kara Klum's is a Leeke D Bebe...their features are similar in ways that matter to me, so they work. Then they both have (along with a few other dolls I own) Chibi-selves that are a Brownie and a Puki.
      Siblings could even be easier since they don't have to look exact. I have friends where the three brother's resemble each other but in some things only (two of them have the same color hair, two of them are really tall) but their sister looks nothing like any of them XD

And as others have mentioned faceup, eyes and wig make a big difference.

16. I don't think it matters, obviously, because all my related dolls are from different companies! I have twin brothers who are a CP Chiwoo and a Volks Cecile(twins don't always have to be exactly alike, after all!), another pair of siblings where one is a Zaoll Muse and the other is a Notdoll Bleu Citron SD hybrid, and one set which is the same character but older and younger, and they are a Dive Seimei and a Glorydoll Louis. None of the molds look remotely alike, but with styling, face-up and such you can do a lot-people do remark my sibling dolls look a lot alike(expecially the twins). So, do whatever you like! :D

17. You don't have to get them from the same company -- a lot of times you can find sculpts from different companies that have enough similarities that they can easily pass as being related to each other.

18. I personally want siblings to be from the same company. I've spent so damn long comparing Iplehouse boys to find the perfect brothers for my Eva XD

19. Not all siblings look that much alike. There are plenty of real-life biological siblings out there who look like they must have different parents because they look nothing alike. If your goal is to have dolls that look almost exactly alike then yes, buying from the same company might make that easier because most or all of the dolls will share a similar base aesthetic to begin with. But if you have found a doll from another company that will work just as well then why not go for that? Unless your goal is to have identical twins, there is no really NEED to buy your siblings (or any other family members) from the same company unless you WANT to.

20. I recently had to decide this, I was choosing the sister half of a brother and sister duo. There were two bjds I was looking at, one from the same company, one from a different company. I think either could have worked. I ended up going with the same company, only because I wanted it to be very obvious that they were siblings, who are also very close in age.
      I think different companies can work fine as siblings, but they should have similar asthetics.