1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

getting your doll a sibling - is it important that they are from the same company?

Sep 24, 2011

1. I dont think it's that much of a problem. I already have two dolls planned that are meant to be brothers, but they're both from different companies. I think it's all personal preferences. Also remember that sometimes siblings dont look exactly alike either.

2. I have seen enough owner pics to know that you can mix companies and get nice, complementing siblings out of it when you get it all right (hair/wig, eyes, styling).

For me though, I tend to stick to the same company for siblings. I didn't realize it until I started to think about it but I do have mixed families as well. Offspring in my house aren't necessarily the same company.

3. My wife and I bought a sibling pair from the same company (Dollmore) for our first dolls. That made it easy to match their skin tone, body style, and eyes, so I think it was a smart idea. Plus we saved on shipping.

4. Agreeing very much with this.
      A lot of people don't realise my brother and I (age 28 & 25) are siblings as we looks so diffrent, I don't see why it should be any diffrent with dolls. As long as there is something 'tying them togeather' as siblings like the styling, it could be they are two sculpts that aren't even remotly matched in facial esthetics.

5. Well obviously, when choosing a sibling for your doll, they have to have similar features. Its usually easier to choose a sibling from the same company because since its the same team of sculpters, they have their own style.

6. I needed a specific sort of expression for my pair, but the elder one's company didn't produce any little ones quite like him. (He could have had an almost identical sister of the same age, but I thought that was a bit boring. And I wanted a super-littlie). Both dolls are anthros, but are different species, so I guess they are just foster siblings. It was easy to match resin colour, though, and I did the faceup on the younger one in keeping with big brother's- so despite all of their differences, and different companies of origin, they still make a nicely matched pair.

7. I'm planning to get my boy a twin brother but because he is an Illusion spirit Cantarella limited i can no longer get the same doll, but quite recently the same company released a doll called Crete who i thought would be ideal as his twin :D so i will be purchasing him once i have the money haha >< and yes i think its important they are from the same company because there is a better chance of them being similar shaped molds :)

8. I've noticed how different my dolls from different companies can be, even though in the same size category or cm measurements. I would like realistic proportions, and even some similarity that would suggest close DNA, mostly. A mix of companies could pull that off.

And with the right story to go along with them, something UNlike could be interesting. Halflings...

9. Well the first set of siblings I had seen were my Friends SD boys. the two she already has and the one she is thinking about getting are all from Illusion spirit. We also both have soom dolmi's that we have decided to make in to twins.

However I just Got a shadow Lolly from luts and after geting a D.I.M Dambi head and decideing that I wanted it to be more thna just a practice head I also decided they were siblings and that when I get the luts bory I am saveing for he will be the third sibling in the mix.

so really I think it depends on the dolls and the feel you get form them. Their face ups and wig choices can do wonders for their look as well.

10. I don't think it would matter if they're good for siblings. Often same company have similar dolls and that might make it easier to find sibling like dolls from one company, but if I found to dolls from two different companies that I'd like as siblings I would not let the company matter and get those siblings that way ^^

11. Well, I had no dilema, as I bought a girl of the same company for my boy. I just knew they fit together. :)

12. I like diversity in my dolls. So going with just one company is not what I do. I do have a lot of CP/Luts mostly because I liked the look. With me its not which company but how it all fits together.

13. I have three families planned, and so far none of them are solely from the same company. The only family that I can really comment on is Peter and his two sisters--Peter will be a Luts Senior Delf, Melissa will be from the Doll Factory, and Belle will be a Brownie Doll. The other two families I do not have fully planned (haven't found the appropriate doll to play the character).

14. Hmm..I don't think it's necessarily that important, but I have one doll who I want to have a sibling in the future and I feel like they sort of need to look a like :/ He's a Crobidoll and most people say Crobi sculpts look like they are all related so I am honestly hoping to make his brother a Crobi. However, I want him to be the new Ho-Bin but I do not currently have the funds and he's a limited so it is possible he could end up being from another company...I will probably try to stick with Crobi though.

15. I tried to make doll siblings from different companies and it didn't work out at all. I bought a Dream of Doll Arie to be a sister for my YoSD but her color and sculpt was not working out. I tried to make them look similar but Arie always seemed out of place.

When I brought home my Kuuta I realized that the only I could be happy with my "triplets" is if they all had the same color and aesthetics. Which for me means getting a third YoSD. So now I'm working on getting the 3rd sister to complete my "triplets" and finally complete the little family I've been working on. :)

16. Well, for me i'm buying all 6 of my doll's siblings from different companies. Each coming from somewhere different and it's not like i can't buy her siblings from the same company as her it's just, that they story i have set up for her she's adopted and lives in a house with 6 other adopted kids who are now her siblings and i thought well, in my story each character came from somewhere new and different so why not the dolls themselves come from somewhere new and different.

17. Several of my dolls are related. My ones that are actually siblings are from two different companies. My other bunch of related dolls are mostly from the same company. I have three that are and one that isn't in that family group and two more planned from another company. I don't really care about what company they are from. They just have to look like the character and vaguely resemble each other in the way that families do.

18. It's not really an issue for me. My currently owed pair of dolls are supposed to be brothers and they're from completely different companies. Since my dolls and a friend's are all part of a greater story there's also another doll that has been planned and he and his currently planned five (out of eight) brothers are mostly from different companies (two are actually from the same company)

19. I've got a couple of doll families in-house. Two of them have dolls from the same company. One was unexpected, one was a case of happy-stance and the other was necessary.

Moswen (AoD Chi) and Kijika (AoD/LE Doll Adonis) are the biological fathers to Jaiseki (AoD Min). The Min sculpt was supposed to be Kijika, but he refused the sculpt. As soon as I started searching for Kijika's sculpt, Jaiseki claimed the Min. Finding Kijika as the Adonis was a total fluke, especially since he was a limited collab effort and I'd originally been in contact with the owner of LE Doll to get help in dealing with a customer service issue with AoD (which he was a dealer for).

Vuchel and Vashin (RS Bao's) are Jaiseki and Sarojin's (IS ZhuQing) biological identical twin boys, so they needed to be not only from the same company, but the same sculpt as well. I have seen the Twins as adults and funny enough, they are IS dolls (LanXing). That wasn't planned, but that is the sculpt that I think best looks like the RS Bao all grown up.

I have selected the sculpt for Jaiseki's sister. She would be a Dragon Doll Che and her look is quite different from Jaiseki. I do think she shares something of the jawline and nose with not only Jaiseki, but Moswen and Kijika as well.

Ryzel (BBD Valentine) and Quinlin (Jei Doll Ashford) have a biological/magically created child, Haniel. I have Haniel in 2 sizes. His 6-year old form is a Cherish Doll Chubby Demon and his 16-year old form is a FL Ruth. I think the Haniels share similarities in the eyes, nose and lips. Because of the manner of Haniel's creation, it wasn't overly important he look strongly like Ryzel or Quinlin.

Unless you're having identical twins, I think you can get away with different companies for siblings and parents. A good face-up can also help in getting a similarity working for sculpts from different companies. In the end, as long as you're satisfied with the final look, that's all that matters.

20. Peronsally I think it's what is should be done. But then again, all the diblings I have planned out all look the same and have the same coloring and everyting. Though, if you have a specifit look for a dolly, then I don't think you should. Like me, I've got a longsoul for one of my dolls, but her daughter is from resinsoul, because thats how the mold suited her.

thats what I think it comes down to. How the mold suits the doll your going for.