1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

getting your doll a sibling - is it important that they are from the same company?

Sep 24, 2011

1. I chose the dolls from the same company to be sisters (Iplehouse Cherie and Tatiana), I think their features resemble a bit. But generally, I don't think it matters if the dolls-sisters are from the same company;).

2. Hmm. Not always? XD
      3 of my dolls are sibling & they're from 3 different company.
      The 3 of them : Dream of Doll Pitts, Luts Blanchet & Crobidolls Yeon-Ho.

If you buy their sibling from the same company, buy it because you really think they're really look-a-like sibling, not because from 1 company. If you think other company's doll is more suitable, don't hesitate to buy from that different company.

The choice is in your hand. =)

3. I have a YOSD Puff who's sister will be a pukifee, and who's half sister is a Narsha.
      the YOSD and PKF's mother will be an orientdoll HONG and all three's father a lati blue rei/christopher

so lol no I dont think its important.

4. I think so...
      Rory is a kid delf and a triplet, so I would want his 2 sisters to be from Luts. I really like Luts, they have really well made dolls and the prices are good.

5. Well seeing as I have a set of twins who are not from the same company would have to say that um no I wouldn't necessarily purchase from the same company though if there was sculpt that looked enough like the other that I though would work then I might but I usually buy dolls that strike me. I know instantly their character if I am buying I don't own a doll that didn't have a personality the first time I saw it. So yes and no I guess is my opinion on this one. I think there are sculpts out there that look enough like that it gives them diversity if they are from differing companies but I can also see the appeal of getting dolls from the same company because then you know for sure that they features you like in one will more likely be in the other.

6. To me, as long as you think that a certain sculpt looks like they could be related to your desired doll, then the company difference doesn't matter. While some companies have a certain style that seems similar, you can do whatever. Just like siblings irl, I suppose ^^; I know this is one of the most generic things to say, but it's your choice. I personally don't want to limit myself to the same company if there's something else that makes a much better fit. For example, I personally think that Peak's Woods FOF Hucky looks like the perfect sibling for Luts KDF Pine. They both even have a pouty lower lip! The resemblance even beats KDF Pine with any of the other Luts sculpts. :D

7. None of my dolls are close related. But if I were to consider I would probably get a doll from the same line of the same company. Especially if their dolls would look like a big family already, like Angell Studio, Dream of Doll or Dollzone dolls do. ^^

8. I think what matters is proportions...like, if the characters are the same age, you wouldn't want to get a mature MSD and a childlike MSD. Some dolls are thinner, have smaller heads/faces than others, etc. so I don't think they look right next to each other. The level of detail in the two sculpts can make a difference too, for example, if one has tube limbs and the other is more realistic.

Although, I have 2 DZ MSD boys, and they look fine next to my MNF girl. She looks proportionally smaller and more delicate for being a girl, and makes the boys look more male than they do by themselves. But if I had a MNF boy, I think he'd look really weird next to the relatively tall and stocky DZ boys.

9. I don't have any siblings yet but I wouldn't think it mattered what brand they were, I mean, aside from obvious resemblance, my body type is different from my own sisters so it should be find for the BJDs.

10. So far there are only some sisters in my BJD family. I am thinking with so many girls I would like to have some more boys come from the list. Then it would be onto couples first then perhaps some siblings. Eventually it will all evolve and then the little ones. That is the plan for now anyway =) Too new to the hobby for now.

11. I think it is pretty important. My wish list only have Iplehouse EID girls because I simply adore their style. I would love to have more dolls that are not from Iplehouse, but it is hard to find a company that has a similar style compared to Iple. Minimee of Doll In Mind might work of course, but the nose is rather different.
      My dolls need not be siblings but they need to 'fit' together, so all the more important for them to 'fit' if they are siblings.

12. I don't think they have to be from the same company at all. So far, the doll family I plan on having has two different sets of siblings, all from different companies. As long as they at least look like siblings or work for the character, I don't see a problem with it. :)

13. The only doll relatives/siblings I have are matched from the same company, yes. But I don't feel it's necessary, by any means!-- As long as Doll A & Doll B have something in their faces that says "siblings" to you, then that's all that matters. Sometimes it'll be one similar feature, or similar coloring, or it might even just be a similar expression. Just as real-life siblings don't always look extremely alike each other, I don't think doll siblings need to.

I've got three Volks brothers (SchoolHead B, Tsukasa, & Ryoya) who definitely look like each other when they're all together in a family portrait... Actually, the powerful Volks Family Resemblance means that there's even MORE dolls in my collection who look like them, because they all look related in some way, but one must draw the line somewhere. ^^ I've also got two Iplehouse half-siblings who are the same sculpt (Soo Ri & Gentle Soo Ri), and could pass for twins even though they're only half-related... and they have two more Iplehouse cousins, of different body-sizes (Lion & Tedros), who don't look like siblings at all, but who all have a couple features that're so strongly similar it says "family" to me.

14. Generally, no. Just as long as the two dolls actually resemble one another to an extent. However, for identical twins, I'm a little iffy. I'm interested in acquiring a Luts Kid Delf Dreaming Cherry girl to serve as an identical twin for my open-eyed Cherry. If I saw a sculpt from another reputable company with relatively low-cost, moderate-to-high-quality dolls that was similar in appearance to my Cherry girl, I'd consider investing in her. But for now, I'm sold on Luts.

15. Personally I would prefer if they're from the same company since I would like the mold and resin colour to be similar. But if 2 dolls from the different company match than I would not mind.

16. I look at it this way - many real-life siblings are not a perfect match (outside of identical twins, lol) so if my BJD siblings aren't from the same company and aren't a perfect match for each other, it's not a huge deal. My brood are more adopted siblings anyway. :D I wouldn't necessarily have an SD paired with a tiny for siblings but that's just a personal quirk I think. I prefer my pairs (siblings or not) to be the same size.

17. They definitely don't HAVE to be from the same company, but in some cases it just makes sense. I actually made up an older sister for my migidoll Ryu as an excuse to get a Jina some day!

18. No, my Deena is from AoD and her brother Johnny is from DoD. The important thing is that they are the perfect ones I wanted. Maybe if I had a dozen of dolls including only a couple of siblings... but if it will ever come to that, Deena and Johnny are still siblings.

Twins would have to be from the same company, at least if they are the same sex.