1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts for Dolls?

Dec 18, 2016

1. Hm, I'll have to see if I can remember what day I got my Tiny. I was away from home when she arrived, so I'm not sure what the date was. I don't recall the exact date for my Mini either, but I bought her at a convention, so I can easily look it up.

2. I bought a small tree from work & lights for it for my boys. I also bought them some new friends... I guess that's a present in a way for them. My Cohen gets a new Ipelhouse HID boyfriend, my David K. #2 gets Merlin from Ringdoll & odd man out because I thought he was same size as an HID is my Titan from Granado.

Next year I want to make "presents" for them all & really try hard to be more active with my boys and do things with them. I feel like a bad dad not giving them more attention but I have to focus now real life before I can play with them!

3. When my collection grows I will be gifting my dolls on their birthday. Festive period will have no gifts, but maybe a themed photo shoot. One doll will gain a scar on his birthday for the first five years.

4. I treat my dolls the same way my parents treated me. When my sister and I were little, our parents would sometimes surprise us with a trinket. It was usually something small and something meaningful, something that they knew we'd like. There was usually no rhyme or reason for it; it was just something they did because they loved us.

In the same way, I do this for my resin crew. My characters are set up so that a few of them have collections; Johnny likes stuffed animals, Johanna likes blind bag figurines and Lalaloopsy dolls, and Chloe likes retro toys like My Little Pony and Care Bears. If I find anything that falls into those categories and is small enough to serve as a prop, I pick it up. It's not always easy finding Care Bears stuff for Chloe since those have been out of style for years, but I manage.

#24 RagingMoon1987, Jan 24, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    5. I will sometimes buy my dolls little toys and props, I love tiny toys and stuff, so it's an excuse to get that stuff! I didn't get them any Christmas gifts, but I might get them a little something for Valentine's! :)

6. I really like making/buying gifts in general, so sometimes I get something for my dolls, too. I mean, whenever I find something nice (unless I make it myself, of course). I really like small cups and vases, and if I find some there's no way to stop me from buying them ahah.

7. I did give my dolls birthday and Christmas presents when I just had one or two, but now that I have more, it just seems unworkable. So now I just try to rotate it around, and who ever has the least stuff is at the top of the list to get more clothes, shoes, wigs, or whatever

8. I generally feel like I buy the doll stuff more for myself than for my dolls xD This Christmas I'm planning on wrapping the stuff I buy though and hoping to make a cute Christmas themed photo shoot.

9. Usually just clothes as gift for my daughters.

10. Tend to just hunt for things that catch my eye on Etsy :) The good thing about holidays and festivals are all the Etsy discounts !

11. I like to get my dollies clothes,a pair of shoes, eyes or a different wig for Christmas.

12. I make props or clothes for them. It's a gift to me, to. I love making stuff!

13. Not on holidays, but all of my dolls will get their presents for birthdays. I started this hobby last year. So, only my first doll got his present. It was a perfume which I've shared with him . Right now, I have 6 dolls. I plan to give every of them a perfume that suit their character. And maybe for their 2nd birthdays,I'll give them a suit.

14. Buying gifts for dolls are nice since they are nice change-ups to their wardrobes. But I tend not to buy gifts on festive basis, even birthdays since I tend to buy limited edition things that I found pretty and make great additions. On that note, I haven't really bought any gifts for my dolls since my funds are limited haha....

15. Oh that is a super cute idea!! I like the idea of doing that.

Personally I want at least an outfit for each season for each of my dolls once they arrive. I will probably buy them as the seasons come up. So yeah I guess you could say I will give them gifts :D Maybe even around their "birthday" too :)

16. Not really, but I do put little bows or Christmas hats on them. Last year, Iker spent Christmas in a onesie. XD

This year, I bought Iago long trousers, a jacket and some boots, and I'll crochet him a hat. I bought him in summer, in shorts, t-shirt and canvas shoes and for some silly reason, my mum keeps telling me he looks cold now it's autumn!

17. I always put them in holiday outfits or make them new clothes around the holidays. A few years ago I got them all a bunch of hat and scarf sets (they were for wine bottles. I can't find the exact sets now, they were one offs from Big Lots my mom picked up since she worked there) and I found some wine bottle sweaters that fit them well too. Generally though, I don't get them gifts unless I'm entering them into a swap. That was the last time one of my gang got their own gifts. They got a Christmas cake and a nice set of pants.